3,193 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Swiftgrl13 said:

Hi All,

Maybe someone has information: how long does it usually take to get your RFE (to mail it physically after it was generated)?

We were told that it was generated on 02/27 but it wasn't still mailed. Tier 2 told us that it could take 1 month, I don't want to believe in that 😓

No I read it takes about 4_5 days Monday is a holiday so no mail. I’m waiting for RFE in the mail too. Any of the sites say that you are getting RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 minutes ago, H Al said:

No I read it takes about 4_5 days Monday is a holiday so no mail. I’m waiting for RFE in the mail too. Any of the sites say that you are getting RFE

No update on new and old web sites.

We received information that we got RFE from Tier2.

Has the status of your case been updated on web sites / any notification?

how long have you been waiting for RFE after you found out that you got it?

i can’t belive it takes so long :( and when I imagine that we will be waiting for an answer from USCIS for another month or even longer it just kills me 😞.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Sara and jacob said:

Has anyone with march NOA1 received any news?

saracobs

That's my group - only one that we know of and it was fluke. The couple updated something (I think?) and USCIS just decided to approve them at that same time 😵😁

Edited by <3T&M<3

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

POE San Fransisco on Dec 1st, 2018

Married Dec 10th, 2018

NOA for I-485/765/131 Feb 1st, 2019

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

21 minutes ago, Swiftgrl13 said:

No update on new and old web sites.

We received information that we got RFE from Tier2.

Has the status of your case been updated on web sites / any notification?

how long have you been waiting for RFE after you found out that you got it?

i can’t belive it takes so long :( and when I imagine that we will be waiting for an answer from USCIS for another month or even longer it just kills me 😞.

I got an email say they took action on my case and when I checked the new site I found that RFE was mailed on August 30, old site didn't update.  I tried to let them fax it but they refused. It's hard to wait especially knowing there will be no mail on Monday. I hope it will be an easy one for both of us :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
4 hours ago, Bigbright said:

Hello everyone, I got a rfe, USCIS is requesting an intent to marry from the beneficiary. Can my fiance email me his intent to marry to me? Will it be acceptable? Or does he need to write and mail it which is likely going to be over a month to receive it.

4 hours ago, Toastbear said:

No, he needs to send it via mail. They want a wet signature.

I dont really know how much time you have to respond, but thats what the instructions say: wet signature.

Also if you need it faster than you gotta pay extra for fast delivery

4 hours ago, AndrewAlp said:

It’s not required .. this is from a previous post where they talked at length.. the onlybwet signature you need is on the petition.

A wet signature for the letter of intent to marry from the beneficiary hasn't been required for a couple years now. You cannot use a digital signature, but a scanned version should be fine.

The letter of intent to marry is considered supporting evidence.

In the past, it might result in an RFE, but they aren't doing this anymore. Even the I-130 no longer requires the beneficiary's signature anymore (if outside the US).

Edited December 21, 2017 by geowrian “

USCIS accepts a scanned copy. Ask her to print her Intent to Marry have it signed and scan it for you. It don’t need to be in wet signature as long as the beneficiary signed it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm starting to get real discouraged guys. My fiance does not understand that this process is taking so long is normal. Its sucks  but technically we're still in normal processing range and there's other people waiting before us.  He believes that because we still haven't gotten an answer that we're going to be denied or will be waiting for years. And that we will have to cancel and just get married and wait more years. I dont understand how to explain it anymore to him that this is technically normal. This whole process is getting overwhelming 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
2 minutes ago, H Al said:

I got an email say they took action on my case and when I checked the new site I found that RFE was mailed on August 30, old site didn't update.  I tried to let them fax it but they refused. It's hard to wait especially knowing there will be no mail on Monday. I hope it will be an easy one for both of us :)

So I called today to see if they can fax mine, and it is still in queue to be printed. Has been since 8/27 so they can't fax it yet. The officer said usual 7-10 to be printed and then mailed, can be up to 14. He did confirm with me that once it is printed and scanned they CAN and will fax it. I also learned that if you get a ridiculous answer from your first officer, call back right after you hang up and chances are the next one will be helpful. And i usually ask for a tier 2 right away.  (Example: today the tier 1 refused to tell me anything and I asked to speak to a tier 2 and she told me to call back on tuesday because they have a no transfer order due to wait times. It was early afternoon so I didn't believe her. I called back spoke to a different officer who had no problem transferring me and the wait time was 64 minutes and I was able to speak to the tier 2.)

Timeline
1 minute ago, Dawn&Jose said:

So I called today to see if they can fax mine, and it is still in queue to be printed. Has been since 8/27 so they can't fax it yet. The officer said usual 7-10 to be printed and then mailed, can be up to 14. He did confirm with me that once it is printed and scanned they CAN and will fax it. I also learned that if you get a ridiculous answer from your first officer, call back right after you hang up and chances are the next one will be helpful. And i usually ask for a tier 2 right away.  (Example: today the tier 1 refused to tell me anything and I asked to speak to a tier 2 and she told me to call back on tuesday because they have a no transfer order due to wait times. It was early afternoon so I didn't believe her. I called back spoke to a different officer who had no problem transferring me and the wait time was 64 minutes and I was able to speak to the tier 2.)

Tier 2 officer told us we will have an RFE last Aug. 10. The website updated Aug. 24th and we received the RFE mail Aug. 30 which dated Aug. 27. Usually once it’s updated on the system RFE mail also follows in the next days.

2 minutes ago, Dawn&Jose said:

Thanks for sharing. I am just hoping that as long as the website was updated and it says RFE was mailed so it is on the way to me. Or is that possible they say RFE was mailed but it's not? ! Today is 204 days :(, any of the websites updated for you?

6 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Tier 2 officer told us we will have an RFE last Aug. 10. The website updated Aug. 24th and we received the RFE mail Aug. 30 which dated Aug. 27. Usually once it’s updated on the system RFE mail also follows in the next days.

So that means the website usually updates before the RFE be printed and mailed. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, H Al said:

So that means the website usually updates before the RFE be printed and mailed. 

Yes and No. No because sometimes they already mailed before they update the system and sometimes they don’t update at all and you will just be receiving your rfe on the mail. :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Omg, I can’t believe that it will take so long to print and mail our RFE 😞

so if we were notified by Tier2 on 08/27, it means we would get in 3 weeks after.

My fiancé is going to visit me in 12 days it means we could miss a chance to receive and answer on our RFE.😓 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, H Al said:

Thanks for sharing. I am just hoping that as long as the website was updated and it says RFE was mailed so it is on the way to me. Or is that possible they say RFE was mailed but it's not? ! Today is 204 days :(, any of the websites updated for you?

You are very lucky. Even if you’ll be having an RFE atleast you have been informed in less than 7months. Some of us January filers received our RFE letters more than 7mos. Of waiting. 😢😢😢 

Let’s 🍻 to our upcoming approval...:D

8 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Yes and No. No because sometimes they already mailed before they update the system and sometimes they don’t update at all and you will just be receiving your rfe on the mail. :D

Thanks a lot.  I admit that I bothered you a lot today with my questions and my need for explanations it is just because I can't wait for that RFE 😁. Thanks and wish you the best of luck in this long process. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.