3,193 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Sure. Here you go. If you find something is not correct please let me know so I can update my information for others. Thanks. Absolutely, I will

Fiancé/Fiancée visas (K1s, K3s)

If your K1 or K3 petition has been approved by the Department of Homeland Security and you have received notification from the National Visa Center that your petition is on its way to post, you should download and complete the following application. The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos will contact you when your petition has arrived at post so that you may schedule your appointment. If you have questions, you may e-mailLagosIV@state.gov. [Click to open "Interview Preparatory Packet (K1, K3)"PDF 539KB] Also, please review the pamphlet “Information on the Legal Rights Available to Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence in the United States and Facts about Immigrating on a Marriage-Based Visa.”  (PDF 53KB) https://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/487468/pdfs/Interview_Prep_Packet_K1-K3_SEP14.pdf

You don't need to make appointments for medicals in Nigeria. You need to wait to pay the visa fee (have the DS-160 confirmation page) and have the interview booked before you can go for medicals.  

Here is a recent couple who just finished their visa interview. These are some of the questions that were asked as well as the documents that were checked. Follow the Embassy instructions as to what to bring for the interview. You'll need all those documents in the event they are asked for.

Embassy: Nigeria (🇳🇬)

Affidavit of Support

Pictures

Tax Returns (returned after the Interview)

Questions:

1) Name of your Fiancé

2) How did you two meet?

3) Who was he visiting? ***Vacation

4) How did you two become romantic?

5) What do you two have in common?

6) Which Movies have you watched together? ***I mentioned 3 movies

7) Has he been married?

😎 How many children?

9) How old are his children?

10) Has he visited you again after you met?

11) What does he do for work?

12) Do you have pictures of you together?

13) Where's this place? (Pointed at a Picture)

Thanks a lot. You are a Legend.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

For some reason I feel like this week will be the week that we really start to see movement on February. I'm really hoping that's true. Now that our time is finally here, it feels like the days are moving slowly. It's like hitting the slow-motion button during the exciting part of a movie haha. Praying & hoping that we are able to wish many congratulations to one another this week (and selfishly hoping one is for myself!) 😀

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bethicas said:

We got our NOA2 via mail today with a date of 8/8/2018! 176 days from Feb 7. 

It was a silent one, I checked the USCIS website yesterday and there was no update. 

Since I changed my address with USCIS earlier this month, I assumed that this was a change of address confirmation. Boy it was exciting to see Notice of Action across the top and "approved"!!

Congratulations! Feb. 7? Wow, you got approved fast. I'm praying we will get ours soon too. Feb. 13 here. Congrats again. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Moon&Stars said:

For some reason I feel like this week will be the week that we really start to see movement on February. I'm really hoping that's true. Now that our time is finally here, it feels like the days are moving slowly. It's like hitting the slow-motion button during the exciting part of a movie haha. Praying & hoping that we are able to wish many congratulations to one another this week (and selfishly hoping one is for myself!) 😀

I'm praying the same. Feb. 13 here, and yes, it really does feels so slow now that our time is coming up. I know it's because we're just anxious. 😂 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My noa2 is February 13th as well. I tried to play dumb today and call the USCIS to see if I can get some kind of different answer. I did mainly want to know if my address was properly changednsince I just moved on Friday. However after she answered my question I asked her what's the next step in the process when will I figure out an answer. The lady was so sweet but still told me that I'm within the processing time and that there's not a new update yet. She told me to just call back on the 15th of every month or that I should sign up for an account. Little does she know I check my account every single day😂

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Bethicas said:

It was a silent one, I checked the USCIS website yesterday and there was no update. 

Since I changed my address with USCIS earlier this month, I assumed that this was a change of address confirmation. Boy it was exciting to see Notice of Action across the top and "approved"!!

Congratulations this is so exciting! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
33 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

I totally agree. This past week it feels insanely slow. My fiancé is texting me multiple times a day to see if there’s any news. Feb 16th here. Patiently waiting (not).

I lost my sleep and being anxious all days long

feels like I'm going crazy 

Feb 12

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

thoughts on approvals for new month. Or i should say how one feels about arriving there month finally. 

Excitement- anxiety-sadness- happiness

Each one of us pass these stages. Some jump straight from phase one to four some has to go through each one of it.

In the end everyone is happy. Gets there noa2 and eventually with there love. Wishing everyone good luck with loads of approvals soon and tons of positivity. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
5 hours ago, Bethicas said:

Wowwwww, so happy for you we’re on 170th day. 

NOA1: 02/26/2018 (old website)

NOA1: 03/01/2018 (new website)

RFE issued 09/19/2018 - waiting for the hard copy 

Finally Recieved a faxed copy of the RFE 10/22/2018 

sent the faxed RFE copy 10/29/2018 

Received a hard copy in the mail 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/06/2018 😃💃💃💃

Received an email from NVC about receiving the case Recently. 11/15/2018

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello everyone. I have noticed on here that Feb has finally been getting NOA2's approved? Does anyone have any idea as to why its not in order? Also I have bought my plane ticket to go visit my fiance and attend the interview with her. I have bought the tickets for October. Though I'm able to change the dates on the ticket. Does anyone know how soon we are able to schedule the interview once we do get our NOA2. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I really hope approvals start coming in for us today Fab'ers, fingers crossed for all of us 🤞🤞

NOA1: February 13th

NOA2: September 4th

NVC case # assigned: September 21st 

Medical @ Knightsbridge: December 5th

Interview: December 17th

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
40 minutes ago, sseo89 said:

Hello everyone. I have noticed on here that Feb has finally been getting NOA2's approved? Does anyone have any idea as to why its not in order? Also I have bought my plane ticket to go visit my fiance and attend the interview with her. I have bought the tickets for October. Though I'm able to change the dates on the ticket. Does anyone know how soon we are able to schedule the interview once we do get our NOA2. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

There are a lot of possible variables, but two of the big ones seem to be how quickly background checks come back and the speed of the individual officer who is adjudicating your case. 

01/22/2018: Filed I-129F

10/11/2018: K-1 Interview (Guangzhou, China) -- approved at last!

02/14/2019: POE

02/21/2019: We're married, baby!

03/29/2019: Filed for AOS, EAD, and AP

02/07/2022: Filed for ROC

12/13/2022: Filed N400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.