mercy86

almsot 6 months since NOA1 and nothing (merged)

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, unfortunately processing times have increased quite a bit in the last few months. I don't believe any August filers have received NOA2 yet, and they are just barely starting to look at July filers. You are looking at at least another month or 2 until NOA2, and then there will still be some time needed for the case to go to the NVC and embassy.

If you do decide to go visit him and marry in his country, you will need to file a new petition. You will then need to file a CR1 (spousal) visa petition. CR1 processing times are close to 12-14 months. You would then want to withdraw your K1 petition so there is no confusion when the CR1 petition is filed. 

So you will need to decide what is more important, the Feb 14 wedding date or having your partner here in the US with you sooner. If all goes well with your K1 visa, he could be here and living with you within the next 4-6 months or so, but if you go and marry then it will be another long year or more of being apart. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I wouldn't give up your k1 application in favor of a new cr1 application where you have to start all over with a longer timeline (12-14 months). As they say, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Also, this Trump administration and their over all aims at reducing all types of immigration seems to be affecting application pendency times. Today we say a CR1 takes 12-14+ months. A year from now the average wait time could be 18 or more months.

My wife and I considered a Feb 14 wedding date but changed our minds, so today we get to celebrate 2 days related to our relationship.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 minutes ago, mercy86 said:

Hi guys, I am an August filer and its been almost 6 months and no news. My fiance and I were planning a Feb 14 wedding since we though the process would be less then 6 months. I am going to go visit him in February and I'm considering just getting married and applying for Husband visa. Could this be a problem since we already have a case on file? Anyone done this before? I really wanted my wedding date to be 2/14/18. 

Do you already have a tourist visa?  If not, you may not be able to get one as your already have immigration intent.

7 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

Do you already have a tourist visa?  If not, you may not be able to get one as your already have immigration intent.

I don't need a tourist visa, I was born in there. I am a US citizen. I would require to pay $200 since I am not a legal resident there I would have to get a proper ID. 

22 minutes ago, EandH0904 said:

The K1 visa process is taking 6-7 months for the NOA2, then additional time for the transition to the NVC/your fiance's country. Did you research the processing times when you applied in August?

If you want to visit him in February and get married, you can do that - just cancel your current petition and file the CR1. Keep in mind that this would mean waiting an additional 12-14+ months for the CR1 to be processed whereas you may get NOA2 for your current visa in the next month or so. What you do is up to you. 

Make sure you cancel your K1! We left it late, now can't file CR1 until the K1 is withdrawn :(

wpid-1030ldr.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Michelle13 said:

Having an anniversary on Valentines Day can sound wonderful at first, but years down the road when trying to book anniversary dinners/getaways you may find you're competing with many other couples and prices/availability change due to the holiday demand.

Good point. As I related above, we almost chose V-day as our wedding day but pushed it off a couple of weeks. As it turns out, in the city we live in, after the V-day rush on Feb 14th, we have restaurant week which always falls around our anniversary. As a result we have enjoyed some really great meals at bargain prices for the last 2 years.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you have your USCIS receipt number given to you when your petition was received then you can track your case status online. You can also check on your service center. For example, our petition is being reviewed at the California Service Center. I can see on the USCIS website that they are currently processing June applications, although I have seen some July filers hear back. You could try having a look at where your service center is in terms of what month they’re currently processing. 

10 hours ago, mercy86 said:

Hi guys, I am an August filer and its been almost 6 months and no news. My fiance and I were planning a Feb 14 wedding since we though the process would be less then 6 months. I am going to go visit him in February and I'm considering just getting married and applying for Husband visa. Could this be a problem since we already have a case on file? Anyone done this before? I really wanted my wedding date to be 2/14/18. 

I am probably an anomaly but we are at Day 232 and our case has not been assigned yet (per Congressman).  We are pushing towards 8 months right now and it is not fun.   June 6 filer here...

You will have to cancel the K-1 and start a new CR-1.  That means another year or more apart.  That is not a terrible plan as the CR-1 is cheaper and the GC will be waiting at POE.  If you keep going you will be together in the states sooner.  It is really up to you.  Look at the pros and cons.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

10 hours ago, mercy86 said:

Just be patient.

You probably won't get your February 14th wedding but your NO2 is coming up. It's taking on average 5-7 for them right now then an additional 2-5 months from NO2 to point of entry. They're currently approving June and July filers so just stay strong. Don't get married after waiting this long for your K1 you should be well over half way done. It should be coming in the next month and then probably 2 more months.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline

It will be irrational to cancel the "almost done petition" and file a new one because of the time frame. Like many of colleagues have said, just wait a little.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Here's the thing - every other person and his aunt are or wants to get married on Feb 14. It's the least personal date you can find next to New Years Eve, because it's "everybody's date". Choose a more personal date and don't rush it. Sure, the CR-1 is the far better option, but since you're already so far into the process I don't understand why you would want to start over from scratch just to be able to get married on the date when "everyone else" is getting married too. 

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? You seem very young.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

If you didn’t make any contracts etc to secure the date it’s probably long gone in most of the wedding venues. 

I would suggest giving up on the wedding in February and in 4-6 months you will be together forever. I wouldn’t waste time with marriage now and starting over with CR-1 that’s just not logical. If you do that then last 6 months of waiting will be wasted.

I filed in April.  Just received my visa. And I jumped through every hoop that I could possibly find to make it go faster.   It’s been a hell of a wait.  We conceived a child in August. And the pressure started to get down there.   I’m going just in time for the 3rd Trimester.   COULD YOU IMAGINE the complications of the baby being born in Canada?   You just have to be patient.  Pestering immigration does not make any difference what so ever. 

A friend of a friend applied for a K1 Visa.  Planned the wedding. And still hadn’t received NOA2 by the wedding date!!   Even worse they cancelled the wedding the day before!  

When end they tell you not to make any plans before you’re approved they mean it.  It’s hard as hell to wait.  And it’s often months before you see anything.  But I’m thankful for this online community where we can all share our experiences.  

Best of luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.