48 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 hours ago, scenicmike said:

I can't believe that they would doubt all that we sent. The RFE specifically said that we could send Copies of Passport pages and photographs. We sent multiple copies of her passport stamps with photos of us in different locations and at different times. In the snow at Mnt Killington Vermont. A New Years Eve party, at a football game in Green Bay etc...etc.. along with a detailed list of her visits and dates. If this is the reason I will be shocked because of all of the things I thought we nailed it would have been proof that we know each other and have visited 4 times in the past 3 years! 

My now husband and I sent our credit card statements when that we were both in the same zip code at the same time on the same day. I sent is a monthly statement and highlighted the ones from a trip to Martha's Vineyard where we both made purchases. They have time stamps on each purchase and a location of each store we made the purchase to prove we were there at the same time in the last two years. I even paired it with a picture of us at a light house that is famous there. I think CC statements are the easiest way to prove location and time as hard proof.

Hopefully you figure this out quickly!

Edited by AshMarty

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Letter saying why denied?  

still waiting since 2009

never got one

Whow, that was some time line, good on you both for sticking it out, it is strange how some couples seem to be "picked on" for no apparent reason, I am glad it worked out for you both.  

scenicmike   case is a worry for Colleen and myself since our stories seem to be very similar, (time line, state and evidence submitted etc) we have another three months before they might get to the file, maybe the people at the USCIS might be happier then!       

When you say RFE for the photos, do you think they might have meant the passport photos?  Did you submit US size ones for her?  Just a thought....

I'm from the UK, hubby is from Michigan and is a retired US Army LTC.   We are currently stationed overseas.

Here is our immigration journey so far....

10.26.13 - Our wedding in Scotland 

11.26.14 - Filed I-130 at US Consulate, Frankfurt (DCF)

11.18.14 - Returned to Scotland to renew our vows for our first wedding anniversary

01.08.15 - NOA2 received in snail mail, together with case number and Packet 3 instructions

02.15.15 - Submitted Packet 3

02.17.15 - Packet 4 received by email with instructions to schedule medical and interview

02.18.15 - Email authorisation received from Consulate to gain access to appointment calendar

03.03.15 - Medical

03.18.15 - Interview - Approved

03.21.15 - Visa in hand

06.10.15 - POE Chicago (final destination Detroit)

07.20.15 - Received SSN in mail

07.27.15 - Received 2 year green card in mail

The journey to ROC starts here...!

10.05.15 - Returned to Germany on government orders

05.25.17 - Mailed ROC package to California Service Centre

06.14.17 - Received NOA 1 (dated 05.30.17) in mail

09.05.18 - Received a second NOA (dated 08.11.18) in mail granting a further six months extension to green card due to 'processing delays'

11.26.18 - ROC - Approved

12.05.18 - Approval Notice I-797 received in mail

12.18.18 - 10 year green card received in mail

The journey to citizenship starts here...!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
13 hours ago, scenicmike said:

I don't know how my RFE could be deficient. Here is exactly what they asked for.

1. My birth certificate - I sent it.

2. Form G-325A - we filled it out and returned it signed.

3. Passport style photos from each of us - SENT!

4. Her marriage termination form - SENT!

5. Beneficiary's intent to marry letter - SENT!

6. Circumstance of meeting - Letter from me of how we met plus photo's and passport stamp scans SENT!

We sent everything they asked for.

Did you send a g-325a each or just one?

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I scheduled a call back from a tier two supervisor this morning and should receive a call within the hour. I will post the results of that conversation here afterwards rather than rack my mind trying to speculate what happened. I appreciate all of the input but I am more confused now as to what happened than I was before. Let's just see what they say. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
13 hours ago, scenicmike said:

The RFE was just for her letter of intent...specific to her. I wrote in my letter that I wanted to marry her as well.

Did you send an actual letter of intent from you or did you only express your intent in the letter you wrote about how you met?  Possibly they need an actual letter of intent from your side?  Just a thought.  Hope you get it worked out and things progress for you both!

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

12/21/16 - I-129f packet sent to Texas

12/23/16 - I-129f packet received

1/5/17- NOA1 receipt date

1/10/17 - NOA1 Hardcopy received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's my understanding that USCIS considers photos as "secondary evidence."  Good, and needed, but primary evidence (receipts, boarding passes, bank statements showing purchases while visiting...basically anything with your name and date attached to it.) are what carry a bit more weight in the evidence of meeting. 

I didn't send a whole lot of photos in my application.  The photos I focused on were ones with us interacting with each other's family/community.  But I sent EVERYTHING that I could find that had a name/date on it.  

At the end of the day, I am curious as to why your case was denied as well.  Please touch base with us when you hear back from USCIS. 

K1 Visa
08/15/14 - Filed
08/25/14 - Acceptance email sent
08/26/14 - Alien Registration Number changed.
10/17/14 RFE was received
10/23/14 RFE/I-195F mailed back to USCIS
11/05/14 I-129F Petition Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!
12/10/14 U.S. Consulate received case in the mail!!
12/19/14 Submitted DS-160 online form.
01/15/15 Submitted Package 3 Checklist for a request for interview!
01/16/15 Consulate sent me packet to prepare for my interview/medical!
02/20/15 Physical
02/24/15 Visa Interview/APPROVED!!!!!!! (6 months!!)

AOS

05/16/15 - Filed for Adjustment of Status and Work Permit

05/22/15 - Acceptance email sent along with NOA’s mailed.

06/16/15 Biometrics Appointment
1/22/2016: INTERVIEW!!/APPROVED!!!
2/2016: Received GREEN CARD!!! (8 months)

I-751 - ROC

11/1/2016: Filed

11/3/2016: NOA

11/19/2016: NOA 2

12/06/2016 Biometrics Appointment

1/17/2018: Info Pass - Passport Stamped

5/31/2018: Emailed received that GC is being mailed. 

It sounds to me like the I-129F was rejected for using the wrong form.  That is common since they changed forms earlier this year.  I don't think the 325 is required now as it is included in the new 13 page I-129F petition.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burundi
Timeline
16 hours ago, scenicmike said:

I have known Janine for nearly 30 years. We met back in Florida in the 80's and I have loved her ever since. Over the past three years she has come out to see me on four separate occasions and we have been engaged for a year. We filed our application at in May and sent in a completed RFE a little over 2 weeks ago. We thought everything was going to be fine. We both are single, healthy and with no records. We have hundreds of photo's of us together along with copies of Passport stamps and other proof that we have met and know each other. Yet...about an hour ago I received a text from USCIS saying that our application had been denied. I can't think of any reason why they would deny us and won't know the reason till I am able to get a tier two supervisor on the phone in the morning. We are both gutted and just so tired of the waiting and now it seems we will have to start all over again or appeal. heartbreaking.

Sorry to hear that. What was your RFE about? I have a friend who is an immigration lawyer I can ask advice for you. Once again sorry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Probably something mundane that was not sent in or received.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, Andrina said:

I received an RFE years ago for not capitalizing a name. 

I got one for not checking one box............ 

Sometimes it's the littlest things with the easiest fix.  

K1 Visa
08/15/14 - Filed
08/25/14 - Acceptance email sent
08/26/14 - Alien Registration Number changed.
10/17/14 RFE was received
10/23/14 RFE/I-195F mailed back to USCIS
11/05/14 I-129F Petition Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!
12/10/14 U.S. Consulate received case in the mail!!
12/19/14 Submitted DS-160 online form.
01/15/15 Submitted Package 3 Checklist for a request for interview!
01/16/15 Consulate sent me packet to prepare for my interview/medical!
02/20/15 Physical
02/24/15 Visa Interview/APPROVED!!!!!!! (6 months!!)

AOS

05/16/15 - Filed for Adjustment of Status and Work Permit

05/22/15 - Acceptance email sent along with NOA’s mailed.

06/16/15 Biometrics Appointment
1/22/2016: INTERVIEW!!/APPROVED!!!
2/2016: Received GREEN CARD!!! (8 months)

I-751 - ROC

11/1/2016: Filed

11/3/2016: NOA

11/19/2016: NOA 2

12/06/2016 Biometrics Appointment

1/17/2018: Info Pass - Passport Stamped

5/31/2018: Emailed received that GC is being mailed. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.