JulieinMD

denied entry to USA on a K1 visa

150 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Could be an honest mistake...maybe he assumed that this was just not like visa interview. Maybe he thought that he could say whatever as a response ...as he already had visa. Yes the mistake to answer properly about wedding plans is very bad with visa being revoked.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Maybe the OP's fiance did not board the plane at all and just came with that excuse. I honestly can not believe it! If I was the OP, I would kick the guy in the b***s! OP, make sure your guy did board that plane and get info of what really happened. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
55 minutes ago, USAMorocco said:

Yes it is hard.  It is considered a high fraud country as well as most North African and middle eastern countries. 

+111! exactly! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sunnyland said:

Maybe the OP's fiance did not board the plane at all and just came with that excuse. I honestly can not believe it! If I was the OP, I would kick the guy in the b***s! OP, make sure your guy did board that plane and get info of what really happened. 

No, tunisa is so high fraud! they asked if he was getting married - said not sure.. so therefore, did not qualify for the K1!

i wouldnt kick him in the balls.. i would be saying a prayer that she isnt another one of the women to be used by a tunisia man for a GC. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sunnyland said:

:rofl:

6 minutes ago, caliliving said:

No, tunisa is so high fraud! they asked if he was getting married - said not sure.. so therefore, did not qualify for the K1!

i wouldnt kick him in the balls.. i would be saying a prayer that she isnt another one of the women to be used by a tunisia man for a GC. 

My words exactly.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
5 hours ago, jeffkadrliktorr said:

It's not about "practiced" answers, it's about honest answers. Most people coming on a K1 have at least some vague idea of when they're getting married, even if it's not set in stone. 

The officer who let me into the US with my K1 Visa barely said a word, just looked at my documents and sent me along. It was so anti-climactic after being so nervous. When I travelled here as a tourist I was asked a ton of questions. I understand that these guys can seem like they're just making friendly conversation, but what they're really doing is deciding whether you're getting into the country or not.

It was definitely not the time or place to be joking around with something like that. You really need to clarify, because you and your fiance just sound like entitled morons at this point.

We are a same-sex couple too. We went on a vacation in November and returned on a long flight back like 36 hours. I was tired. The Officer asked me what is our relationship. I said partners. Why? I don't know,.was just concerned just in case he was homophobic. He asked what kind of partners? Business? Relative? etc?. I said husbands. He went off on me...saying I need to make sure I tell them the truth etc..so he thought I was covering something up..which I wasn't. I will never make this mistake again!!

Filed: Timeline

Well, first I am very angry and sad at the same time. This is a small nightmare.

Secondly, he was naive but this isn't a journey for the naive or faint of heart. His answer was technically correct but politically (read immigration) incorrect, in my humble opinion.

I coached SWMBO to treat any interaction with USCIS like a job interview - just the facts Mam.

I'm so sorry.

Filed: Timeline

OP. Update us after you talk to him please. I put no blame on the POE Officer for sending him back. It was 100% the right call given the answer he made. No wedding date and not sure if getting married or not was the absolute wrong answer on a K-1. I am very sorry to hear you are going through this and I suggest you think long and hard before making any more plans. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, NYCruiser said:

We are a same-sex couple too. We went on a vacation in November and returned on a long flight back like 36 hours. I was tired. The Officer asked me what is our relationship. I said partners. Why? I don't know,.was just concerned just in case he was homophobic. He asked what kind of partners? Business? Relative? etc?. I said husbands. He went off on me...saying I need to make sure I tell them the truth etc..so he thought I was covering something up..which I wasn't. I will never make this mistake again!!

you went on a vacation right.. so you were USC and he had a greencard?? or AP?? that is a big difference!! yes - he wasnt correct but your partner had the proper documentation to be in the country

the OP has a K1 that is SPECIFIC for getting married within the 90 days - big different!!!!!

people so often want to compare apples with oranges - its a visajourney and no journey is the same - its always best to compare embassy to embassay and countries to countries... it bothers me when people say 'well i am from canada and i had no problem' 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Pardon my French, but this guy is a complete moron. I don't know how stupid you should be to say what he said. It's just not normal. He's either not serious about your relationships or hes just lost. Anyway, CBP did the right thing. No room for idiots in this beautiful country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 minute ago, caliliving said:

you went on a vacation right.. so you were USC and he had a greencard?? or AP?? that is a big difference!! yes - he wasnt correct but your partner had the proper documentation to be in the country

the OP has a K1 that is SPECIFIC for getting married within the 90 days - big different!!!!!

people so often want to compare apples with oranges - its a visajourney and no journey is the same - its always best to compare embassy to embassay and countries to countries... it bothers me when people say 'well i am from canada and i had no problem' 

That was NOT what I was saying. I should have been more specific. I meant it was MY fault that I said partner and not husband. The Immigration officer was correct

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
5 hours ago, JulieinMD said:

If he had said, "I really want to marry her but we haven't set a date yet", would that have changed what happened?

I don't see that as a problem at all.   Key word here is "intent."  A better answer would simply be I'm here to marry my Fiance(e).  And then if the CBP officer asks "What day do you plan to marry?"  Or "Do you have a date set?"    Then you could say "We tentatively plan to marry on (fill in date range here), we are still planning to make sure friends and family can attend."   Last thing you want to do is be ambivalent and give an indication that you may not marry. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.