Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would like to avoid getting an RFE but I don't have my birth certificate. Will my passport suffice? Are the front pages with my picture enough or should I send in every page of the passport?

3 minutes ago, Sunny_Skies said:

I would like to avoid getting an RFE but I don't have my birth certificate. Will my passport suffice? Are the front pages with my picture enough or should I send in every page of the passport?

Are you the USC petitioner?  If so, the bio page from your passport is adequate to use to prove citizenship.

On 8/22/2019 at 3:44 PM, Jorgedig said:

Are you the USC petitioner?  If so, the bio page from your passport is adequate to use to prove citizenship.

Hello-  the bio page of the passport is not sufficient if you want to avoid RFE.

Please copy all pages of your passport including front and back cover of the passport.

1 hour ago, Star12 said:

Hello-  the bio page of the passport is not sufficient if you want to avoid RFE.

Please copy all pages of your passport including front and back cover of the passport.

Incorrect.  This is NO LONGER a requirement.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I would like to clarify that RFE does not necessarily mean you did something wrong or did not send a particular document ...USCIS has the right to ask for more documents by issuing an RFE. For example copies of beneficiary's passport of birth certificate are not listed as documents to be sent on the instruction pdf for I-129f but sometimes they issues RFE because they are not satisfied with something and they need you to send these documents. In the end,its all about what they need to satisfy you qualify for the benefit you requesting.

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Timeline
On 6/24/2019 at 1:35 AM, S_&_M said:

Hi, do you mind elaborating what the request for clarification was?

My fiance had a different last name in primary school (his mom just used her maiden name for him) - we didn't include supporting evidence or comment on this as it was not a legal name change.

For me however, we went by a different spelling of  our last name in the US until we got our citizenship certificate and my dad changed the spelling during that time (over 15yrs ago). My passport /social etc all have this new correct spelling though - so i didn't offer any support there.

Does anyone here think i'll run into issues??

No really but you need to rectify it so it does not hunt you in the future

Timeline
2 hours ago, S_&_M said:

Sparkle Sparkle  , you are a bit too late on this. Anyhow, I did not run into any issues or get any RFEs.

Well congratulations then

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What's the average time for the RFE to arrive in the mail? Just got notified of one dated 11/6 and panicking. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
51 minutes ago, FreyandRyan said:

What's the average time for the RFE to arrive in the mail? Just got notified of one dated 11/6 and panicking. 

Mine took about 1 week 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 11/8/2019 at 12:24 PM, FreyandRyan said:

Received our letter (missed checkbox 4a) and overnighted it back and it was delivered yesterday. When can I expect to see the case status update to shown they received/accepted it?

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.