taal

Fradulent husband married for a visa

126 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I hope I posted this question in the right place...

Fraudulent marriage, Husband admitted he's using me for a green card....What to do?

Journey Time Table below:

July 2010 went to India for a month, got engaged

September 2010 filed fiancé visa.

July 2011 fiancé visa interview in India= denied visa

March-July 2nd, 2012 flew to India to get married.

April 2012 petitioned visa marriage CR-1

December 20th 2012 interview Delhi embassy( flew there for joint interview)=approved visa

January 2013 flew back with my husband to the states

Feb 22, 2013 received ssn and welcome packet

In March 2013 started having problems on our one year anniversary. Finally became daily, figured it was just hard to adjust to a new country then finally he admitted his intent was just to obtain his visa, and divorce me. In India he was sure to always take me places and take plenty of pictures, worked well at the embassy. (The embassy stated themselves they would have denied the visa if it wasn't for me attending. The officer only asked me questions did not once ask my husband a thing.) However, here not one picture or place has been visited. Instead he prefers to go with his friends, or my family that we live with. He is a truck driver and refuses to make a joint bank account, and refuses me to have access to it. I have worked and attended school for 5 months to make sure he is comfortable and does not have to worry about a thing.

He wants to divorce me and go back to India and marry a girl he knows and have her come here like he planned for so long. (How can a person be so manipulative and continue this fraudulent scam for 3 years? Okay I spent maybe 9 months with him in the last 3 years.

I have no proof of what he's doing, he's very clever and makes sure he does not text or say anything that will incriminate him. He even makes sure that when he tells me about the divorce he is in a place that I would not have a recorder, video camera, or phone. He told me while we were about to sleep the first time, then told me while I was cooking, and then finally told me while I was shopping at the grocery store. Whenever I brought up the topic he refused he ever stated it. I unfortunately do not have the support of my family, they think am lying or not trying hard enough. I have, tried more than any person can or would, I did not purchase a thing for my self, made sure he had everything even a 600 dollar phone, cut my internet on my phone so that would save me 25 dollars a month on my cell phone. Refuse the help financially from my parents, I'm grown, and make sure to pay them 500 dollars to help out. Usually buy the groceries each month. I have been Working full time and attending school full time, make sure to cook and clean without having him help. Have not gotten the opportunity to go out some where nice, because I am trying my best to obtain my financial aid back from school being gone so long, and no longer put my education 2nd.

As soon as he started earning money past couple months, I was not allowed to touch a penny, instead he wants to send it to India, and spend it on himself, this issue upsets me because I want to move out and have enough in savings so I can stop working, and double up my load for school finish faster. So I blow up every time he says he's sending money there. I was told I would not have to worry about a thing, in terms of him sending money home, his parents were well taken care of. I was lied he borrowed money and has to pay the collectors back. Lastly, he has no interest in spending time with me other than "intimate" time. He does not want to be by my side for a minute. In front of my parents or family he'll pretend like things are great. I explained this to my family numerous times and yet they think I should try harder......I dislike being an Indian girl, its not fair at times.......I have thought over and over how can I make this man pay for the illegal actions he has in mind. I wish that citizens were taken care of and there were stricter laws to make sure that marriages weren't scams... :( What can I do?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I know in January we could have gotten his temporary green card conditions removed. 3 months before your 2 year anniversary, that is supposed to be signed and submitted from me. At first he told me he would just pay me for the years I wasted. I asked him how much I was worth = 20k is the answer I got. It upset me and hurt me. I never went in to this marriage as a financial venture. It was real deal for me, it just hurts knowing what this outcome has led me to.. Very depressing. My parents told me divorce would be the biggest embarrassment I could bring them....Hurts....

Hi

I can't really suggest anything. There are people on VJ more educated like Darnell and Dwheels immigration wise than myself. Just wanted to say shame on those people who misuse others for their own benefit.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Taal - so sorry to hear this - my heart goes out to you!

Has he removed conditions at this point? Sort of insignificant but it would lend some clarity as to where you are with this...

I would follow Darnell's advice. Please get a letter into the IV unit at the US embassy [Mumbai or Delhi] - unfortunately this story is all too common.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry for what you are going through. I do agree with Darnell suggestions and other posters as well. I know how it hurts you....and yeah embarrassing, but now is the time for you to love yourself, move on as life is too short to deal with liars and impostors. Let him handle his immigration stuff....take care of yourself and be happy, you will be fine for sure and God bless.

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know in January we could have gotten his temporary green card conditions removed. 3 months before your 2 year anniversary, that is supposed to be signed and submitted from me. At first he told me he would just pay me for the years I wasted. I asked him how much I was worth = 20k is the answer I got. It upset me and hurt me. I never went in to this marriage as a financial venture. It was real deal for me, it just hurts knowing what this outcome has led me to.. Very depressing. My parents told me divorce would be the biggest embarrassment I could bring them....Hurts....

Sounds like the divorce is coming whether you like it or not. You are not saving your parents any embarrassment by waiting for him to divorce you. I believe taking money from him as mentioned would implicate you in fraud. Do not sign any papers to remove green card conditions. Tell the immigration authorities what you told us.

Yes, please divorce him first. You will hold the power when you are the one starting the process. Don't let him screw you over any more by letting him file first.

Also, please please report him for fraud. Do it factually, unemotionally, and without his knowledge.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear this but most of all I'm sorry you don't have your family's support. If he has said there is someone else he wants to bring, you should take the suggestions you received here ASAP. It doesn't matter if your family believe you or not, it only matter what he is telling you and how he is making you feel. Marriage is hard but even harder when you have a husband that can be so cruel by saying one thing to you and playing the good guy around your family. Good Luck to you.

K1 - Filed March 2011

- Denied March 13, 2012

- Placed in AP March 14,2012

- Sent back to USCIS November 2012

- Expired March 2013

WASTED A YEAR FIGHTING THE DENIEL

MARRIED MARCH 15, 2013

1-130 Approved 3/3/2014 :-)

Finally made it home 3/18/2014

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I am sorry for what you are going through, but you are also responsible and should take responsibility for what happened. Once done, report it as fraud;

Do not suffer anymore and move on!

3fa9.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.