taal

Fradulent husband married for a visa

126 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Update: My soon to be x husband told my parents he feels uncomfortable leaving with them now, and would prefer to move to Texas and live with his cousin. He told my family he wanted them to side with him when this divorce trial came forth. I called my family and agreed to give him a second chance. He did not ever imagine that would occur. He was hesitant and when he was holding back it made my parents suspicious. That he was the one that has been pushing for a second chance since I left, and now when I agreed, he decided other wise. When my brother pushed me to come inside, my family was glad to see me. But it didn't go so well with my x.....Instead he called extended family and left the house. Which proved to my parents that maybe I wasn't entirely at fault...But I refused to remain at my residence, I don't need to deal with added stress, my parents disagreed, but am grown.

Good job Taal! Be strong, you're doing the right thing. You should be free to choose your life and not stay with this manipulative abuser. I'm totally with Darnell on this.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi Taal,

First of all, what culture are u talking about? The hell with culture, especially Indian culture!! You are living in 2013.

GO AHEAD AND FILE YOUR DIVORCE with the BIG TIME FRAUD PIECE OF SH*T JERK!!!!!!

Get him stuck royally. Every action has a reaction and getting him stuck and pay for all the hardships he gave you HAS TO BE YOUR REACTION.

He should be taught a lesson.

Tell ur parents, that the so-called 'embarrassment' is just in their mind. Also, ask your parents, 'what culture are you talking about?' The culture that got you to this point?? This excuse is nothing but TOTAL NONSENSE. They will get over it within a few months and you will be free.

If that FRAUD JERKSTER that tricked you is acting smart, YOU NEED TO BE UP SMART.

Start gathering evidence. Maybe set up a mini recorder and keep it under the sofa or above the cabinet around where he sits. You can come up with better ways to out smart him. Keep writing here to more tip, etc. I am sure all of us here can help you with this.

Just keep the culture ####### out of this situation since it does not apply to your case and definitely does not help you at all.

Also, you dont be sad to be an 'indian girl', because you can be however you wana be without that label.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I am really sorry for what has happened to you but as I was continuing to read through all your posts, I am thinking you will come out of this as an even stronger woman than you already are. You are very smart (giving him a "second chance"? genius!!) and you are doing the right thing to persue your happiness!!!

In this long line-up of people who get scammed and can't let go, I am so happy you are standing up for yourself. I wish you only the best and all the happiness in the world!!! I can only admire your attitude!

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.