shireenb

We had so many suspicious looking fact but interviewer just didnt care. alla botu chemistry when they meet you!!!

123 posts in this topic

I'm not a hater, but i will say it sounds like this interview was a mess. Merely touching your SO is NOT going to get your visa stamped, and to give this as advice is just wrong. Sounds to me like the officer who did this interview didn't even bother to look at the details of this case. OP whether you want to admit it or not, using a false social security number, and/or falsely claiming to be a US citizen is a crime and it has huge ramifications. If I were you I would find out what status your employer gave you. If he said if you were a US citizen it is a lifetime ban from this country, and I would prepare for that if I were you. As a US born citizen I am appalled that you would be proud of admitting that you used a "made up" SS#, I don't care if your boss was the one to do it, you allowed him to.this. You might think it's humorous, but I don't.

As previously mentioned, "making up a SSN" and "falsely claiming to be a USC" are not the same, one can make up a SSN and not make a false claim to be a USC.

What is important and what the OP must do is find out what category was completed and signed for on her I-9 when she started her employment. If it does indeed state that she is a USC and she signed the document, then a consultation with an AILA approved attorney is going to be necessary and I would do this sooner rather than later.

Using a false SSN carries other penalties, which if convicted of, could make her deportable.

The OP has serious legal issues and needs a competent attorney well versed in both immigration and criminal law.

Edited by ChrisPG

Background Information

-Dec 2006: Arrived with an F1 visa

-Dec 2007: Met USC.

-Dec 2009: Got Engaged.

-Jan 2010: Fell out of Status.

-Oct 2010: Married USC.

-Feb 2012: Filed I-130/AOS

I-130/AOS Timeline

Day 0: 02/25/12: Mailed concurrent I-130/AOS Package to the Chicago Lockbox

Day 2: 02/27/12: Package arrived at the Chicago Lockbox.

Day 5: 03/01/12: Email acceptance confirmation received for Forms: I-130, I-485 & I-765.

Day 13: 03/09/12: NOA1s received for Forms: I-130, I-485 & I-765. Biometrics letter also received and scheduled for March 27th.

Day 24: 03/20/12: Email notification for RFE.

Day 27: 03/23/12: Hardcopy RFE received in the mail.

Day 31: 03/27/12: Biometrics completed.

Day 40: 04/05/12: Mailed off the RFE.

Day 44: 04/09/12: RFE Delivered.

Day 46: 04/11/12: USCIS received RFE and case updated online.

Day 55: 04/20/12: EAD approved!

Day 60: 04/25/12: Received 2nd "EAD in Production" Email.

Day 61: 04/26/12: EAD Mailed.

Day 63: 04/28/12: EAD in hand!

Day 74: 05/09/12: Interview date scheduled for June 12th.

Day 75: 05/10/12: Interview letter in hand.

Day 108: 06/12/12: Interview.

Day 110: 06/14/12: Received I-485 & I-130 approval emails.

Day 114: 06/18/12: Received I-130 & I-485 Approval hardcopies.

Day 115: 06/19/12: Received GC in production email.

Day 116: 06/20/12: Received "GC mailed" & "USPS picked up your GC" emails.

Day 118: 06/22/12: GC arrived in the mail

March 16th 2014: Eligible to file ROC.

March 16th 2015: Eligible to file for naturalization.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Everything went fine until here, but let me remind you that using fake SSN is a felony (criminal impersonation and possession of a forged instrument) you will be in deeply trouble when you will apply for naturalization, if you used someone SSN is considered "aggravated identity theft".I met many green card holders that lost their GC when they applied for Naturalization, due to the fact that they used fake SSN or used a stranger's Social Security number.

Everything went fine until here, but let me remind you that using fake SSN is a felony (criminal impersonation and possession of a forged instrument) you will be in deeply trouble when you will apply for naturalization, if you used someone SSN is considered "aggravated identity theft".I met many green card holders that lost their GC when they applied for Naturalization, due to the fact that they used fake SSN or used a stranger's Social Security number.

It may well come before naturalization, if the government decides to file charges agains't the OP and she is convicted, then she very well could be deported after she has served her sentence.

A quick Google search & AVVO (admittedly not the best source of information) but they state that the DOJ list the potential penalties as:

— Using false documents to be employed: A maximum penalty of 10 years without parole in federal prison and a fine up to $250,000.

— Making a false statement on an I-9: A maximum penalty of 5 years in federal prison without parole and a fine up to $250,000.

— Misusing a Social Security number: A maximum penalty of 5 years in federal prison without parole and a fine up to $250,000

— Making a false claim of resident alien status: A maximum penalty of 5 years in federal prison without parole and a fine up to $250,000.

— Using false documents with intent to defraud the United States: A maximum penalty of 15 years in federal prison without parole and a fine up to $250,000.

— Possession of false United States documents: A maximum penalty of 15 years in federal prison without parole and a fine up to $250,000.

— Aggravated identity theft: A mandatory penalty of 2 years in federal prison to run consecutively to any other sentence, and a fine up to $250,000.

I am pretty sure that a conviction of any of those crimes would make a person deportable.

Edit:

You can find the above information here, just scroll down and you can see most of them in relation to Rosario Zavala-Lopez's case.

Edited by ChrisPG

Background Information

-Dec 2006: Arrived with an F1 visa

-Dec 2007: Met USC.

-Dec 2009: Got Engaged.

-Jan 2010: Fell out of Status.

-Oct 2010: Married USC.

-Feb 2012: Filed I-130/AOS

I-130/AOS Timeline

Day 0: 02/25/12: Mailed concurrent I-130/AOS Package to the Chicago Lockbox

Day 2: 02/27/12: Package arrived at the Chicago Lockbox.

Day 5: 03/01/12: Email acceptance confirmation received for Forms: I-130, I-485 & I-765.

Day 13: 03/09/12: NOA1s received for Forms: I-130, I-485 & I-765. Biometrics letter also received and scheduled for March 27th.

Day 24: 03/20/12: Email notification for RFE.

Day 27: 03/23/12: Hardcopy RFE received in the mail.

Day 31: 03/27/12: Biometrics completed.

Day 40: 04/05/12: Mailed off the RFE.

Day 44: 04/09/12: RFE Delivered.

Day 46: 04/11/12: USCIS received RFE and case updated online.

Day 55: 04/20/12: EAD approved!

Day 60: 04/25/12: Received 2nd "EAD in Production" Email.

Day 61: 04/26/12: EAD Mailed.

Day 63: 04/28/12: EAD in hand!

Day 74: 05/09/12: Interview date scheduled for June 12th.

Day 75: 05/10/12: Interview letter in hand.

Day 108: 06/12/12: Interview.

Day 110: 06/14/12: Received I-485 & I-130 approval emails.

Day 114: 06/18/12: Received I-130 & I-485 Approval hardcopies.

Day 115: 06/19/12: Received GC in production email.

Day 116: 06/20/12: Received "GC mailed" & "USPS picked up your GC" emails.

Day 118: 06/22/12: GC arrived in the mail

March 16th 2014: Eligible to file ROC.

March 16th 2015: Eligible to file for naturalization.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I'm not even in your shoes, but reading that and knowing what you might have to face in the future made my heart race. I'm pretty sure you are just extremely excited that your journey has gone well for you, but please don't ignore these posts and comments. There is a lot of good advice to help you in the future. Good luck and may the power of love be with you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I was very surprised how EASY this was. Despite us not looking great on paper. when they saw us we dont LOOK convential and so he understoof when he saw us!

- I visited 15 times in the last 3 years. Never overstayed, but overstayed the last time i entered during the time i was filing.

- i'm from London but am 13 YEARS younger then my husband. not even asked about this. Married for 13 months yet i've never met his mother, just breifly met his father, he seemed to understand that this was just how we were. never even asked us further why not.

- We are of different races, never even bought up. Him african american me pakistani (but i have this crazy curly hair often mistaken for a fro) so even if on paper you look like a weird matach it's all abotu how u look IN PERSON. i don't look 23 and he doesn't look 36.

- Only knew each other for 6 months before marriage, never even asked about that. I got married, left for london, re-entered 2months later as a tourist on a visa waver, stayed, then filed, never asked about it either. the guy was abour 26, asian or indonisian or mixed. Really cute guy with a happy energy. He jsut saw our chemistry and you cant really fake that i guess.

- Also i worked illeagly with a made up social secuitry for 6 months, and i even admitted so on the paperwork, AND WAS NEVER ASKED ABOUT IT!

Literally asked him how to spell my name, where i worked, how long we had known each other, how many times i visited, if i met his parent or him mine, asked him what my mums name was.

AND THATS IT!!!!!! was sooooo easy, maybe bcause we weren't stressed and didnt take the the whole 'proove you are real' thing seriosuly. My lawyer was inthe room however and she later told us she had sat through many interview and he recognised her.

as soon as he came in and called my name she looked at my with her thunbs up and said 'this guys awesome u guys have got this'. So we were relaxed from the start. He said he would call us back in a moment and said...

unfortuanly...i cant stamp u because my supervisors are in ameeting but ur green card will come soon. I simply said 'hey maybe i can wait for the meeting to be over?" And said it's cool so i went down to get a coffee came up AND HE STAMPED MY PASSPORT!!!

we got sooooo lucky the guy was just awesome! He was so chill. He just got it. I was soooo clsoe to re-arrnanging because i realised i left my passport at home while we were waiting to be called. Luckily i had my friend run to my place and drop it off right to me just before we got called. This was the federal plaza nyc office and i would have thought this would be a really tough scary and serious place but it was soooo relaxed. our appointment was at 130pm we got called aorun3 which my lawyer said was good bcause the interviewer finishes work at 4 and probably won't wnt to keep us long!! i'm 23 he's 36.... we handled it so relaxed that they did too.

Super happy havnt seem my mum in a year, booked my flight to london the next day!

Our proofs:

50 photo's (mostly alone out and about a few with friends) Looked at them VERY breifly. looked at ALL our proofs breifyl just looked at US!

joint bank account

joint cable bill

joint family plan tmobile bill

filled taxed together

joint car insurance

and thats all!! We don't even have a joint lease, he's not on my house that i own in london, and i'm not on his house that he owns in nyc. Though this will probbaly change soon and we'll have better proof for out never filling in 2 years.

so very blessed and could have had a really mean person but he guy was uper cool if u guys have him you'll ace it!!

Also, i was playing with his shirt sleeve, and touching im effectionaly and looking at him with the lots of love, more than on an average converstaion because i knew i was being watched, and bc i do really love this man, the message got across. normally i would jsut talk and not even toch him, bc it's just normal and we're married we're over our honeymoon stage but u have to play ii up for the interview.. chemistry and if you look GOOD together and match, is key!!

congratulations!!!! and thank you for posting this.

have a nice trip to London!!!! enjoy your mom (I can't wait to see my mom again.

Lucky you... :)

00fg9n74.png

EWI, TPS, ADVANCE PAROLE, AOS

05/30-(day 0)- AOS sent

06/01-(day 1)- AOS received

06/04-(day 4)- AOS acceptance

06/06-(day 6)-Txt/Email, routed to NBC

06/09-(day 9)-I-797 NOA received (Saturday)

06/11-(day 11)-Called to fix typographical error(Missing middle name on I-130)

06/20-(day 20)- Email received (Saying error fixed)

07/13-(day 43)Email: reused most recent biometrics, awaiting Indie status

09/10-(day 103)Humanitarian Expedite Request

9/13-(day 106) Interview October 17TH (TOTAL 139 DAYS)

9/17-APPROVED ON THE SPOT AND STAMP ON PASSPORT WHICH EXPIRES IN ONE YR!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

so very blessed and could have had a really mean person but he guy was uper cool if u guys have him you'll ace it!!

Also, i was playing with his shirt sleeve, and touching im effectionaly and looking at him with the lots of love, more than on an average converstaion because i knew i was being watched, and bc i do really love this man, the message got across. normally i would jsut talk and not even toch him, bc it's just normal and we're married we're over our honeymoon stage but u have to play ii up for the interview.. chemistry and if you look GOOD together and match, is key!!

OP,At the very least, stop misleading others still in the process. You make it seem as if it is okay to break a ton of laws and just 'play it up for the interview' (your words). If other hopeful AOS aspirants were to take your word, they would be in a hell of a lot of trouble. Not everyone is going to get the kind of IO you got and suggesting that 'looking good together' alone matters is a kind of dangerous suggestion.

As others have said before, overstay and intent during immigration are forgiven for the spouse of a USC, but not breaking laws. Do not try to sugarcoat this reality.

The Journey

Arrived on F1 visa on 25 Dec 2008. Graduated June 2011. Started OPT Sep 2011.

AOS applied March 21, 2012. GC approved June 11, 2012 & received June 18, 2012.

Exactly three months from start to finish,no RFEs.

AOS Timeline:

Day 01,March 21, 2012: Concurrent filing of I-130/AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago Lockbox

Day 02,March 22, 2012: Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Day 04,March 24, 2012: USCIS Acceptance Confirmation received through e-mail

Day 07,March 27, 2012: Checks cashed.

Day 13,April 02, 2012 : NOAs received for I-130,I-485,EAD/AP & Biometrics

Day 36,April 25, 2012 : Biometrics Completed at Elizabeth, NJ.

Day 45,May 04, 2012 : E-mail notification for interview received for June 11

Day 46,May 05, 2012 : Received hard copy of interview notice

Day 56,May 16, 2012 : EAD/AP Production e-mail

Day 64,May 24, 2012 : EAD/AP Card in hand

Day 83,June 11,2012 : Interview. Approved same day. Card production email.

Day 84,June 12,2012 : E-mail Notification registering PR status.

Day 87,June 15,2012 : USPS picks up GC from USCIS.

Day 88,June 16,2012 : Received two hard copy mails, approving I-130 & I-485

Day 90,June 18,2012 : 10-year GC in hand. End of GC journey, for now.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

OP this wasn't the end of your journey. These things can certainly come back to haunt you and I wouldn't be so cavalier about working illegally with a fraudulent social security number.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

All I can think of, aside from what's been said is... Shame on the USC husband for, evidently, being OK with all this.

Wow, I didn't even notice that part about "playing it up" and being extra-fake lovey for the interview. In fact, this is a red flag and listed as such on some fraud checklist I have seen going around. It says something like "being overly affectionate at interview." It's not natural. I am really disappointed in the NY field office for approving this without at least looking into it more.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Wow, I didn't even notice that part about "playing it up" and being extra-fake lovey for the interview. In fact, this is a red flag and listed as such on some fraud checklist I have seen going around. It says something like "being overly affectionate at interview." It's not natural. I am really disappointed in the NY field office for approving this without at least looking into it more.

Seriously.

You think people haven't thought of this before? You think these people aren't trained for stuff like this?

Natural couples don't feel the need to "play it up" for people in order to prove themselves.

Such a bizarre story. So many red flags that I have no idea how this got approved.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Seriously.

You think people haven't thought of this before? You think these people aren't trained for stuff like this?

Natural couples don't feel the need to "play it up" for people in order to prove themselves.

Such a bizarre story. So many red flags that I have no idea how this got approved.

To me, what is even more worrying is that the OP may be setting a wrong kind of example. Imagine a scenario where another AOS-ing couple decides to borrow from the OP's narrative and deems it okay to 'play it up' for the interview and avoid having to prep for the red flags. We are looking at a textbook case here!

The Journey

Arrived on F1 visa on 25 Dec 2008. Graduated June 2011. Started OPT Sep 2011.

AOS applied March 21, 2012. GC approved June 11, 2012 & received June 18, 2012.

Exactly three months from start to finish,no RFEs.

AOS Timeline:

Day 01,March 21, 2012: Concurrent filing of I-130/AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago Lockbox

Day 02,March 22, 2012: Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Day 04,March 24, 2012: USCIS Acceptance Confirmation received through e-mail

Day 07,March 27, 2012: Checks cashed.

Day 13,April 02, 2012 : NOAs received for I-130,I-485,EAD/AP & Biometrics

Day 36,April 25, 2012 : Biometrics Completed at Elizabeth, NJ.

Day 45,May 04, 2012 : E-mail notification for interview received for June 11

Day 46,May 05, 2012 : Received hard copy of interview notice

Day 56,May 16, 2012 : EAD/AP Production e-mail

Day 64,May 24, 2012 : EAD/AP Card in hand

Day 83,June 11,2012 : Interview. Approved same day. Card production email.

Day 84,June 12,2012 : E-mail Notification registering PR status.

Day 87,June 15,2012 : USPS picks up GC from USCIS.

Day 88,June 16,2012 : Received two hard copy mails, approving I-130 & I-485

Day 90,June 18,2012 : 10-year GC in hand. End of GC journey, for now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Wowwww... Just wow. Nothing more to say about OP's post. Wonder if she got a state ID with a fake SS#... And on top of it all, every job application I filled out clearly asked if u can show proof of being able to work legally.

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Actually, the Supreme Court unanimously ruled against this interpretation of the law. Unless it can be proven that the OP knew for a fact that the made-up social security number that was used was an actual valid social security number that had been issued to someone, she cannot be convicted of aggravated identity theft. See Flores-Figueroa v. United States.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

chemistry and if you look GOOD together and match, is key!!

sounds like an ad for eharmony or match.com...

So you thought playing with a shirt sleeve was more important than bringing your PASSPORT??? This is solid advice, from a couple who says... "we weren't stressed and didnt take the the whole 'proove you are real' thing seriosuly." (I don't think USCIS would ask for proof if it they weren't serious)

My response to this: you are incredibly lucky (and from an easy country), please don't pretend like your good looks and personality won the guy over.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.