shireenb

We had so many suspicious looking fact but interviewer just didnt care. alla botu chemistry when they meet you!!!

123 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was very surprised how EASY this was. Despite us not looking great on paper. when they saw us we dont LOOK convential and so he understoof when he saw us!

- I visited 15 times in the last 3 years. Never overstayed, but overstayed the last time i entered during the time i was filing.

- i'm from London but am 13 YEARS younger then my husband. not even asked about this. Married for 13 months yet i've never met his mother, just breifly met his father, he seemed to understand that this was just how we were. never even asked us further why not.

- We are of different races, never even bought up. Him african american me pakistani (but i have this crazy curly hair often mistaken for a fro) so even if on paper you look like a weird matach it's all abotu how u look IN PERSON. i don't look 23 and he doesn't look 36.

- Only knew each other for 6 months before marriage, never even asked about that. I got married, left for london, re-entered 2months later as a tourist on a visa waver, stayed, then filed, never asked about it either. the guy was abour 26, asian or indonisian or mixed. Really cute guy with a happy energy. He jsut saw our chemistry and you cant really fake that i guess.

- Also i worked illeagly with a made up social secuitry for 6 months, and i even admitted so on the paperwork, AND WAS NEVER ASKED ABOUT IT!

Literally asked him how to spell my name, where i worked, how long we had known each other, how many times i visited, if i met his parent or him mine, asked him what my mums name was.

AND THATS IT!!!!!! was sooooo easy, maybe bcause we weren't stressed and didnt take the the whole 'proove you are real' thing seriosuly. My lawyer was inthe room however and she later told us she had sat through many interview and he recognised her.

as soon as he came in and called my name she looked at my with her thunbs up and said 'this guys awesome u guys have got this'. So we were relaxed from the start. He said he would call us back in a moment and said...

unfortuanly...i cant stamp u because my supervisors are in ameeting but ur green card will come soon. I simply said 'hey maybe i can wait for the meeting to be over?" And said it's cool so i went down to get a coffee came up AND HE STAMPED MY PASSPORT!!!

we got sooooo lucky the guy was just awesome! He was so chill. He just got it. I was soooo clsoe to re-arrnanging because i realised i left my passport at home while we were waiting to be called. Luckily i had my friend run to my place and drop it off right to me just before we got called. This was the federal plaza nyc office and i would have thought this would be a really tough scary and serious place but it was soooo relaxed. our appointment was at 130pm we got called aorun3 which my lawyer said was good bcause the interviewer finishes work at 4 and probably won't wnt to keep us long!! i'm 23 he's 36.... we handled it so relaxed that they did too.

Super happy havnt seem my mum in a year, booked my flight to london the next day!

Our proofs:

50 photo's (mostly alone out and about a few with friends) Looked at them VERY breifly. looked at ALL our proofs breifyl just looked at US!

joint bank account

joint cable bill

joint family plan tmobile bill

filled taxed together

joint car insurance

and thats all!! We don't even have a joint lease, he's not on my house that i own in london, and i'm not on his house that he owns in nyc. Though this will probbaly change soon and we'll have better proof for out never filling in 2 years.

so very blessed and could have had a really mean person but he guy was uper cool if u guys have him you'll ace it!!

Also, i was playing with his shirt sleeve, and touching im effectionaly and looking at him with the lots of love, more than on an average converstaion because i knew i was being watched, and bc i do really love this man, the message got across. normally i would jsut talk and not even toch him, bc it's just normal and we're married we're over our honeymoon stage but u have to play ii up for the interview.. chemistry and if you look GOOD together and match, is key!!

Timeline

? You falsely claimed to be a US Citizen with a made-up SSN?

no i told them i was british married and in the process and the employer filled it in for me

How is someone who impersonated a US citizen now with a visa?

You've gotten very lucky. I think you might have benefited from a lenient CO or one who wasn't paying attention...

lol who said i impersonated a US citizen? Not me. You said that.

Edited by shireenb

Timeline

How is someone who impersonated a US citizen now with a visa?

You've gotten very lucky. I think you might have benefited from a lenient CO or one who wasn't paying attention...

people have overstayed 10 years lived at us citizen and then got married and bc it's real they get approved. this was told to me by my laywer who is a professional in the feild for over 30 yrs. So it's not luck, it's life. PEACE

Actually, you DID that. Making up an SSN = pretending to be a US citizen = very illegal.

okay hater. You're a lawyer too i'm assuming?

Maybe you shuld re=read what i said b4 u comment.

Edited by shireenb

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

people have overstayed 10 years lived at us citizen and then got married and bc it's real they get approved. this was told to me by my laywer who is a professional in the feild for over 30 yrs. So it's not luck, it's life. PEACE

"Hater"? Are you 15? Overstay is forgiven for people who marry US citizens, not working under a fake SSN.

I wouldn't sit down and think this is over if I were you.

Search "fake SSN" here or on immigrate2us.net. You'll see that you've gotten very lucky, but this might bite you in the rear in the future.

Timeline

interviews are to see if a marriage is real not to see if you've worked, overstayed or enetered too many times. thus my case speaks for it self.

Working illegally with a made up SSN ... and nobody brings it up? That's not "lucky" .. that's pretty sad. You'd think someone would have caught this, since you seem to admit it so proudly.

Edited by Evylin

Timeline

Working illegally with a made up SSN ... and nobody brings it up? That's not "lucky" .. that's pretty sad.

Lucky for her, but I hope whoever interviewed her either calls her back or gets fired.

interviews are to see if a marriage is real not to see if you've worked, overstayed or enetered too many times. thus my case speaks for it self.

You are extremely incorrect if you actually believe the only thing being investigated about you is whether you're married. People have been denied over things that happened YEARS ago. Your case is either lucky or the interviewer was out of his mind because or just proof that for certain nationalities things are much easier.

Edited by AmyWrites

Nope, falsely claiming to be a US Citizen is completely different than overstaying. A False claim to citizenship is a lifetime ban with no waiver, and has no statute of limitations. Overstay is irrelevant/forgiven for spouses of USCs who adjust in-country, by law. This can come back to bite you, and get your GC taken away. It's fraud. If your employer marked that you were a US Citizen, then you're toast. This can come back at any time...

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not adjustment of status from a family visa. The OP entered on VWP and adjusted status from a tourist point.

Moving to the adjustment of stats from work student tourist.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

I'm not trying to justify the processing of this case but "Made-up SSN" doesn't equal "Pretending to be US citizen" because an alien can get a SSN. It sure is illegal to make up a SSN but those are two different things.

Thanks for clarifying, but it's still illegal, and I'm rather stunned no one noticed it at the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.