Hamada91

I need your help !

56 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

I haven't seen the application for every state, but I know at least in some states, there is a question of residency... if you are not living in that state (even illegally), then you'd be lying when you answer yes to the question.  The government can and does prosecute people for taking benefits to which they are not entitled.

The whole thing is totally irrelevant and ridiculous since OP was planning on coming via a I-130 anyway.  A 19 year old doesn't have the fore-planning ability to really think this through.  OP needs to man up and tell his wife that flying halfway around the world when pregnant is not a good idea, especially with the provisions of the I-130 granting rights to the child born abroad.

Please have some respect otherwise don't reply to this topic anymore. Your words are pretty damn useful . You could’ve disagreed politely. 

Edited by Hamada91

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, Hamada91 said:

Please have some respect otherwise don't reply to this topic anymore. Your words are pretty damn useful . You could’ve disagreed politely. 

Please read the VJ ToS, my Bible, should be yours, asking other participants not to post is not allowed.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

This is a public forum. Telling someone not to comment is against the Visa journey rules.

You are asking for people's opinions, so they are giving it to you. 

Edited by audacieux89

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

1 minute ago, audacieux89 said:

This is a public forum. Telling someone not to comment is against the Visa journey terms and conditions. 

Having respect and being polite are one of the terms :) 

Just now, Hamada91 said:

I dont see anyone giving disrespect. They are still on topic. 

You can van always ignore the replies that you do not like. 

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hamada91 said:

my wife is 19 and a student. And as what most people say, any US citizen who's an unemployed and has no income can get a medical insurance that covers either full or half of the costs.

please if you have a good advice for the situation, have it commented otherwise no need to slide the topic to another topic and start investigating. Thank you  

There will be no insurance for her and no coverage for birth giving. She's not eligible for this. Having a US passport does not give her any right to come and use my tax money here, she must be a resident to apply and use it. So you will pay out of your pocket for the birth process which can be a lot of money. Want to use our money we paid as taxes, without being here? Not going to happen.

Edited by Springrain22

8 minutes ago, audacieux89 said:

I dont see anyone giving disrespect. They are still on topic. 

You can van always ignore the replies that you do not like. 

He was trying to invastigate why my wife wants to give birth in the US and i already have it said why. Besides, sliding the whole topic to another topic! Man I’ve had enough of him i told him twice to be into the topic only. Please see how politely other people reply 

Edited by Hamada91

8 minutes ago, Hamada91 said:

Not quite sure what you are objecting to, but it seems the comment about a 19 year old not having the foresight for planning something like this. It wasn’t phrased impolitely, and judging by this discussion is shown to be quite an accurate observation. 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
15 hours ago, Hamada91 said:

Hi all,

my wife is a US citizen by birth but she never lived in the US as she doesn't have a family there. Her parents are non US citezens and lived out of US her entire life with her parents. Anyway, we are married now and she is pragnent. She will give birth in the US . In the meantime, we are in the process of the green card we already filed i-130 and everything . My question, can i applly for a visit visa to go with her to give birth in the US or it has a negative affect to the green card process ? Note that we are definitely caming back after as she has got college to finish and i’ve got work.

Please understand that she has no family there, she needs me to be with her during the giving birth so i need your suggestions on this matter. What is the best legal way to go through this ?

thank you.

You will have a difficult time getting approved but your best bet is collect your employment letter, proof of where the two of you live, and other ties and plead your case.  Which consulate are you near?  Dhahran, Jeddah, or Riyadh?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hamada91 said:

Guys, It just happened to be born while her mother was on an urgent visit to see her relatives there that time. For whom who accused that it was only for citizenship ! and my wife's siblings are non Us citizens either so if it was only for obtaining citizenship My wife's mother would have done the same to all her children. Anyway this is not our point of discussion now. We're in the process of the green card and we want our baby to be born their to save us trouble of filing another forms for him\her ( since we're already in the process to go there anyway ). and either way, she's a US citizen nobody can say why she wants to give birth in the US, it's her homeland ! she's free to give birth there for her son\daughter in her country!

my wife is 19 and a student. And as what most people say, any US citizen who's an unemployed and has no income can get a medical insurance that covers either full or half of the costs.

please if you have a good advice for the situation, have it commented otherwise no need to slide the topic to another topic and start investigating. Thank you  

Any Saudi citizen can get the same benefit

It doesn't work that way.  You will enter the US as a family on the immigrant visa after your child is born with a very large hospital bill and collection agency waiting for you.  It will not go away for years.

Luckily however for you the US doesn't treat Saudis the way that Saudis treat other people and freeze your right to travel anywhere until you pay up all your debts.  What will happen is your credit will be damaged from the beginning and it will be difficult to start your life in the US.

It is recommended that you reconsider this plan.

Timeline
13 hours ago, Hamada91 said:

A US citizen has to be living in the US for 5 years so they can give thier children the US cotizenship if they are born abroad. Due to family issues, My unfortunately wife has not .

thanks for the info though. 

Yes of course she does 

The guy who is going to interview you is likely going to DOA your immigrant visa on the basis of domicile and ties to the US alone.   We've dealt with that same guy (twice).  He wants to see a LOT of ties to the US.

Edited by Nitas_man

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, dnp2014 said:

You getting a visitor visa is the main issue..very slim chance.. 

How many weeks your wife is pregnant. I know some states does provide free insurance to pregnant women and unauthorized children under 21. NY state being one of them. The only issue is need to start the emergency medicaid application process at the beginning of the pregnancy. They might deny or only partially cover it if you come in like 6 months pregnant and request for medicaid. 

other option is pay from your pocket. 

But taking ADVANTAGE of this is very likely to cause issue for the OP for his own I130

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

OP, I know this isn't exactly the topic you want to discuss, but consideration of the costs of childbirth is something to keep in mind. A large unpaid hospital bill could cause problems with your immigration in later years.

One thing to consider is home based child delivery by a midwife. This could cost you *only* $1500 to $3000 based on a quick google search.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.