Hamada91

I need your help !

56 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

OP you have got tons of reply here. No one was being disrespectful. Everyone here is straightforward and doesn't like to sugar coat their words because none of us are paid to sugar coat (heck we all reply here and help people out of love)

The healthcare in USA is too much my friend. Way too much. Me and my wife, we plan to fly to Thailand or some Asian country (in future), to get her LASIK surgery. Know that my wife is USC and have lived in US all her life and earns close to 6 figures. I immigrated few months back and I too earn in the upper 6 figures. Having all this, we are considering the idea of flying to the Asian country to get her lasik. It's because of good vacation, great healthcare way too cheap.

Don't be sheep of going to USA or having USA citizenship is everything. USA is a very expensive place, my friend.  Don't run to give birth to USC. Run to create a loving family and rest everything will fall into place. 

Adios 

Edited by Gorkhali

OP, what is your plan to pay for childbirth, if say you get a B2 visa and your wife decides to have her baby in the US? You're asking for everyone's advice, let's see what your plan is too..

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

All three of you are MUCH better off, both from an immigration standpoint and financial standpoint (not to mention the whole not-giving-birth-alone-in-a-foreign-country standpoint) on having the baby in your home country and proceeding with your immigration and then the baby's. That part is a bit more expensive than ONLY yours but is far cheaper than even the flight over, forget paying for an uninsured birth here! Heck, it's cheaper than paying for an INSURED birth here!

I don't know who told you that she'd be eligible for "free" healthcare because she's a student and pregnant but that person is sorely mistaken, given your circumstances (yes, she's a US citizen but Medicaid-- healthcare for poor people-- is administered by the states and she's not a resident of any particular state). Plus, even if you were able to taking advantage of program meant for poor people will not reflect well on your immigration case whatsoever. It's more likely that you'd be stuck with a very large hospital bill that you'll either have to pay or default on. Defaulting on it will almost certainly be a death nail for your immigration case. And your immigration case already sounds difficult enough (her needing to establish domicile, and have enough funds to sponsor you with zero US based connections will be a huge hurdle). 

As others have said, the B2 is probably out of reach for you at this point but there is no harm in trying. You're still far FAR better off staying home and having the baby there. As previously mentioned, the child will automatically be a citizen when he or she enters on an immigrant visa, due to your wife's citizenship. He or she just won't automatically be a citizen when born abroad, which isn't really a problem because you're planning on moving to the US anyway. 

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

4 hours ago, Hamada91 said:

Guys, It just happened to be born while her mother was on an urgent visit to see her relatives there that time. For whom who accused that it was only for citizenship ! and my wife's siblings are non Us citizens either so if it was only for obtaining citizenship My wife's mother would have done the same to all her children. Anyway this is not our point of discussion now. We're in the process of the green card and we want our baby to be born their to save us trouble of filing another forms for him\her ( since we're already in the process to go there anyway ). and either way, she's a US citizen nobody can say why she wants to give birth in the US, it's her homeland ! she's free to give birth there for her son\daughter in her country!

my wife is 19 and a student. And as what most people say, any US citizen who's an unemployed and has no income can get a medical insurance that covers either full or half of the costs.

please if you have a good advice for the situation, have it commented otherwise no need to slide the topic to another topic and start investigating. Thank you  

I had a feeling this was heading in this direction:  We will get "free insurance" which of course means you will become wards of the state.  Then you won't have the thousands of dollars you will have to pay as your portion of the delivery, prenatal care, post-natal care, etc....so you will declare bankruptcy. Then who pays the bill?  All of us US citizens.  Bad plan.

Filed: Timeline
5 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

I had a feeling this was heading in this direction:  We will get "free insurance" which of course means you will become wards of the state.  Then you won't have the thousands of dollars you will have to pay as your portion of the delivery, prenatal care, post-natal care, etc....so you will declare bankruptcy. Then who pays the bill?  All of us US citizens.  Bad plan.

Free...nothing is free.  Someone always pays... :)

Agree...not a good plan.

Edited by JRF

Filed: Other Timeline
7 minutes ago, CatherineA said:

All three of you are MUCH better off, both from an immigration standpoint and financial standpoint (not to mention the whole not-giving-birth-alone-in-a-foreign-country standpoint) on having the baby in your home country and proceeding with your immigration and then the baby's. That part is a bit more expensive than ONLY yours but is far cheaper than even the flight over, forget paying for an uninsured birth here! Heck, it's cheaper than paying for an INSURED birth here!

Hear! hear! A British saying that is fitting for this case "penny wise,pound foolish" . OP might end up with a huge hole in his pocket, and that can actually cause his own migration to the USA plan to be jeopardized.

I am not sure why OP seemed to be adamant about going through all the hassles, uncertainties etc with having his 19 year old spouse to travel while being pregnant (and not sure if airlines would allow her to travel if she was already late in the pregnancy) giving birth in a foreign country (foreign to both of them). Sure, she is a USC by birth but you have no support there (family members can provide good support in this process), especially considering your have no insurance to cover the birth. 

3 hours ago, Hamada91 said:

Who said i’m not planning to live there ? We will be living there once the process is over and approved , it takea more than a year. For now she’s pregnant and this is what the topic is all about .

I think the confusion came from your original post which says you'll both be returning for work (you) and college (her).  In the US, college is usually from ages 18-22 and having a child in that time tends to push it back so it's understandable why someone reading this would wonder why you're applying now for a greencard when it could be a few years before college wraps up.

19 hours ago, Hamada91 said:

Hi all,

my wife is a US citizen by birth but she never lived in the US as she doesn't have a family there. Her parents are non US citezens and lived out of US her entire life with her parents. Anyway, we are married now and she is pragnent. She will give birth in the US . In the meantime, we are in the process of the green card we already filed i-130 and everything . My question, can i applly for a visit visa to go with her to give birth in the US or it has a negative affect to the green card process ? Note that we are definitely caming back after as she has got college to finish and i’ve got work.

Please understand that she has no family there, she needs me to be with her during the giving birth so i need your suggestions on this matter. What is the best legal way to go through this ?

thank you.

As for the main point, which is the tourist visa, this will be tricky and not really recommended for this situation. I think the majority of replies are all saying the same thing and hopefully have helped you.  As your wife isn't a resident of a state, you can't expect the medical costs of giving birth here to be covered.  It's not worth the risk, both financially and immigration wise, to try to go that route.  Instead, plan on immigrating over later and work towards having everything in place for that, such as ensuring your wife has filed tax returns as those will become necessary down the line. 

Edited by SeabreezeUF

50 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

And as what most people say, any US citizen who's an unemployed and has no income can get a medical insurance that covers either full or half of the costs.

OP, you are asking a question and everybody here is helping you and I do think everybody respects the issue you raised. Here are the list of items that you should consider based on what I have read so far.

1. US citizen, unemployed, no Income and get medical insurance

That is so not true. I am a USC, used to be unemployed for half of a year since the place I worked closed down to move to Mexico. I went to school full-time. So I was unemployed, full-time school student, no income. Did I have free medical insurance? The answer was no. Guess what because I have a husband. So if the husband is still working. He is supposed to buy insurance coverage for me. In your case, your wife is not a USC single mom, meaning she has a husband who is you. Even though you are not USC, but you are a husband. The hospital will look for the people/relatives to cover the hospital bill.

2. I-130 process

How can your wife provide the Affidavit Support to tell the government that she supports you entirely when you are here on the US soil so you are not become a public charge? Public charge here means that something happens to you, she will support you so you won't depend on the government (well fare, or Medicaid). To clarify, she has to have the way to support you financially. If you do not have job, she has money to feed you or if you are sick, she has money to pay your medical bill. Because the government wants to make sure that the taxpayers' money (from those who works) will not be used for the people who have not eligible to receive the benefits. And when you first come to the US with your green card, you will not be eligible to receive anything even though your wife is a USC.

How do I know all of this? Because I used to married to a USC, got my conditional green card immediately at the POE (not any more though). I did not receive any kind of benefit at all because of the Affidavit Support.

I also sponsored for my sister and her child to come here a couple years ago. She did not receive her green card 6 months later because they messed up her name. Those 6 months were hard on us. I prayed every day that her two-year old would not get sick because she could not get a job yet and we could not buy outside insurance for the child because of Obamacare. If something happened to my nephew, I would end up with out of pocket or a huge amount of debt because I signed the form to support her. We did take him to doctor a couple times and I paid $200 or more with medicine each time.

That is just a couple issues on the surface for you to see. I am sorry that I said too much, but I just want you to see different angles of the immigration process and the laws here. US is a beautiful country and has a lot of freedom. But if your child and your wife have all relatives (your side and your wife's side), then just be happy to welcome him/her in the world where he/she is surrounding with love and care. It is hard for your wife (a 19 year-old lady) to give birth in a country that she has nobody to be closed by when she needs. So please think carefully.

1 hour ago, David & Zoila said:

And as what most people say, any US citizen who's an unemployed and has no income can get a medical insurance that covers either full or half of the costs.

OP, you are asking a question and everybody here is helping you and I do think everybody respects the issue you raised. Here are the list of items that you should consider based on what I have read so far.

1. US citizen, unemployed, no Income and get medical insurance

That is so not true. I am a USC, used to be unemployed for half of a year since the place I worked closed down to move to Mexico. I went to school full-time. So I was unemployed, full-time school student, no income. Did I have free medical insurance? The answer was no. Guess what because I have a husband. So if the husband is still working. He is supposed to buy insurance coverage for me. In your case, your wife is not a USC single mom, meaning she has a husband who is you. Even though you are not USC, but you are a husband. The hospital will look for the people/relatives to cover the hospital bill.

2. I-130 process

How can your wife provide the Affidavit Support to tell the government that she supports you entirely when you are here on the US soil so you are not become a public charge? Public charge here means that something happens to you, she will support you so you won't depend on the government (well fare, or Medicaid). To clarify, she has to have the way to support you financially. If you do not have job, she has money to feed you or if you are sick, she has money to pay your medical bill. Because the government wants to make sure that the taxpayers' money (from those who works) will not be used for the people who have not eligible to receive the benefits. And when you first come to the US with your green card, you will not be eligible to receive anything even though your wife is a USC.

How do I know all of this? Because I used to married to a USC, got my conditional green card immediately at the POE (not any more though). I did not receive any kind of benefit at all because of the Affidavit Support.

I also sponsored for my sister and her child to come here a couple years ago. She did not receive her green card 6 months later because they messed up her name. Those 6 months were hard on us. I prayed every day that her two-year old would not get sick because she could not get a job yet and we could not buy outside insurance for the child because of Obamacare. If something happened to my nephew, I would end up with out of pocket or a huge amount of debt because I signed the form to support her. We did take him to doctor a couple times and I paid $200 or more with medicine each time.

That is just a couple issues on the surface for you to see. I am sorry that I said too much, but I just want you to see different angles of the immigration process and the laws here. US is a beautiful country and has a lot of freedom. But if your child and your wife have all relatives (your side and your wife's side), then just be happy to welcome him/her in the world where he/she is surrounding with love and care. It is hard for your wife (a 19 year-old lady) to give birth in a country that she has nobody to be closed by when she needs. So please think carefully.

Just to be clear David & Zoila are not the OP in this thread...

Edited by David & Zoila

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~This thread has covered the OP's questions. As nothing more can be said it is now locked to further discussion. The OP  can reread the thread and all his answers can be answered. If the OP would like to know about his wife giving birth to their child in their home country and the steps to obtain USC for that child another thread may be started. This thread is not to be restarted in any shape or form.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.