Hamada91

I need your help !

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'm also not sure how your 19 year old student wife with no family in the US is planning on fulfilling the terms of the I-864.  Do you have 375% of the federal poverty line available in readily convertible assets for a family of 3?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

2 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

So you are planning on mooching off of the government.  Classy.  That insurance is for residents of whatever state.  Non-residents are not eligible.  Your wife is a non-resident.

WOW ! not trying to mooch nobody ! that's why I started this topic to get advices not accuses !!!

My wife is non resident, ok got it and thank you that's all I need to know.

Filed: Other Timeline
18 minutes ago, Hamada91 said:

Guys, It just happened to be born while her mother was on an urgent visit to see her relatives there that time. For whom who accused that it was only for citizenship ! and my wife's siblings are non Us citizens either so if it was only for obtaining citizenship My wife's mother would have done the same to all her children. Anyway this is not our point of discussion now. We're in the process of the green card and we want our baby to be born their to save us trouble of filing another forms for him\her ( since we're already in the process to go there anyway ). and either way, she's a US citizen nobody can say why she wants to give birth in the US, it's her homeland ! she's free to give birth there for her son\daughter in her country!

my wife is 19 and a student. And as what most people say, any US citizen who's an unemployed and has no income can get a medical insurance that covers either full or half of the costs.

please if you have a good advice for the situation, have it commented otherwise no need to slide the topic to another topic and start investigating. Thank you  

"any US citizen who's an unemployed and has no income can get a medical insurance that covers either full or half of the costs." <-- where did you get this info and if it is legit, how sure are you that you and your wife are eligible?

When do you think you will get your immigrant visa?

And when is your wife due?

If your wife is due AFTER you get your Immigrant Visa, (by a couple of weeks at least considering the due date might be off by couple off weeks), it is a better for your wife to give birth in your home country as the child can get visa on arrival.

Edited by abumiqdad

1 minute ago, N-o-l-a said:

Well, taking ten of thousands of dollars from a government that you don't pay taxes to is what then?

dude relax I'm asking because I have no idea about anything going on ! please understand that I have no idea and need your suggestions.

You're pointing fingers at me while I need your opinions ! I'm suggesting and you're turning everything against me ! 

how do you say " pay taxes " while I'm not a US citizen and my wife is young and student and has no income!

Please relax before you reply  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Hamada91 said:

dude relax I'm asking because I have no idea about anything going on ! please understand that I have no idea and need your suggestions.

You're pointing fingers at me while I need your opinions ! I'm suggesting and you're turning everything against me ! 

how do you say " pay taxes " while I'm not a US citizen and my wife is young and student and has no income!

Please relax before you reply  

So how is he going to sponsor you, 19 with child, no income no US connections?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Hamada91 said:

Guys, It just happened to be born while her mother was on an urgent visit to see her relatives there that time. For whom who accused that it was only for citizenship ! and my wife's siblings are non Us citizens either so if it was only for obtaining citizenship My wife's mother would have done the same to all her children. Anyway this is not our point of discussion now. We're in the process of the green card and we want our baby to be born their to save us trouble of filing another forms for him\her ( since we're already in the process to go there anyway ). and either way, she's a US citizen nobody can say why she wants to give birth in the US, it's her homeland ! she's free to give birth there for her son\daughter in her country!

my wife is 19 and a student. And as what most people say, any US citizen who's an unemployed and has no income can get a medical insurance that covers either full or half of the costs.

please if you have a good advice for the situation, have it commented otherwise no need to slide the topic to another topic and start investigating. Thank you  

You getting a visitor visa is the main issue..very slim chance.. 

How many weeks your wife is pregnant. I know some states does provide free insurance to pregnant women and unauthorized children under 21. NY state being one of them. The only issue is need to start the emergency medicaid application process at the beginning of the pregnancy. They might deny or only partially cover it if you come in like 6 months pregnant and request for medicaid. 

other option is pay from your pocket. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

No insurance or residence in US you will have issues - huge bill at the very least. (20-30k for a normal vaginal birth)

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

OP, why are you applying for a greencard when you state that you do not plan on staying in the USA? The point of a greencard is to become a legal permanent resident of the US and reside/live here, not to come for a while and then leave. 

I'm the USC

K1 Visa Process:

• I-129F Packet Sent: 09/11/2015 (Sent to Dallas, TX Lockbox)
  • Delivery Confirmation: 09/16/2015
  • NOA1 Received (Electronic notice): 09/18/2015 (Sent to CSC)
  • NOA1 Received (Hard Copy): 09/26/15
  • NOA2 Received (Electronic notice): 10/06/2015
  • NOA2 Received (Hard Copy): 10/10/2015
  • NVC Received: 10/26/2015
  • NVC Case# Assigned: 10/30/2015
  • NVC Sent to Consulate: 11/02/2015
  • Consulate Received: 11/05/2015
  • Packet 3 Received: 11/12/2015
  • Packet 3 Sent (DS160 Completed & Visa Fee Paid): 11/21/2015
  • Medical Date: 12/16/2015
  • Interview Date: 01/14/2016 (approval pending medical paperwork from Visa Medical Dr. office)
  • Medical Paperwork Sent: 01/27/2016
  • Medical Paperwork Received by Embassy: 02/03/2016
  • Visa Approved: 02/04/2016
  • Visa Issued: 02/05/2016
  • Visa Received: 02/11/2016
  • US Entry (POE): 03/12/2016
  • Applied for SSN: 03/17/2016
  • SSN & Temp Card Received: 03/23/2016
  • Marriage Date: 04/21/2016

AOS/EAD/AP Process:

Spoiler
  • I-485/I-797/I-131 Packet Sent: 05/10/2016 (Sent to Chicago, IL Lockbox)
  • Tracking Shows Packet Delivered: 05/12/16
  • NOA1 Received (Electronic notices): 05/19/16 (for all 3: AOS, EAD & AP)
  • NOA1 Received (Hard Copies): 05/23/16 (Notice date of 5/18/16 for all 3)
  • Biometrics Appt. Letter Received: 06/10/16
  • Biometrics Appt. Scheduled for: 06/20/16
  • Biometrics Appt. Completed: 06/20/16
  • EAD/AP Approved: 07/28/2016 {Day 76}
  • EAD/AP Card Received: 08/03/16 {Day 82}
  • DL Tests passed & 1yr. DL issued: 08/18/16
  • AOS Approved: 08/29/16 (Interview waived & Approval notice received in the mail on 9/1/16) {Day 108)
  • 2yr. Greencard Received: 09/09/16 {Day 119)
  • Updated info. w/Social Security Office: 09/22/16
  • Updated info. w/DMV & New 4yr. DL issued: 09/22/16
  • New Permanent SSN Card Received: 09/28/16

1st Date we can File ROC: 05/30/18

ROC Process:

Spoiler
  • I-751 Packet Sent: 06/11/18 (Sent to California Service Center)
  • Tracking Shows Packet Delivered: 6/13/18
  • Check Shows Cashed: 6/28/18
  • NOA1 Received (Hard Copy): 6/30/18 (Notice date of: 06/26/18)
  • Biometrics Appt. Letter Received: 3/16/19 (Notice date of: 03/08/19) - USCIS Biometrics Waiver Notice Received
  • Biometrics Appt. Scheduled for: N/A - (USCIS is resusing previous fingerprints/biometrics from AOS)
  • Notice of Transfer Received: 3/21/19 (Notice date of 03/15/19 )- USCIS transferred case to the Potomac Service Center in Arlington, VA for processing.
  • Interview Date: N/A - (Interview waived, received Electronic notice on 4/18/19 of update to case. It was  the ROC Approval with and approval date of 4/17/19)
  • ROC Approved: 4/15/19 (Received Electronic notice on 4/18/19 with an approval date of 4/17/19. Received Hard Copy in the mail on 4/20/19 with a Notice date of 4/15/19)
  • 10yr. Greencard Received4/24/19

1st Date we can File Naturalization (N400): 05/30/19

Naturalization Process:

• N-400 packet Sent: 3/13/2020 (Submitted online via the USCIS Website)
  • NOA1 Received (Elecctronic Notice): 3/13/2020 (Notice date of: 3/13/2020) - Document itself viewable online on 3/17/2020
  • NOA1 Received (Hard Copy): 3/20/2020
  • Biometrics Appt. Letter Received (Electronic Notice): 3/14/2020 (Notice date of: 3/13/2020) - Document itself viewable online on 3/17/2020
  • Biometrics Letter Received (Hard Copy): 3/21/2020
  • Biometrics Appt. Scheduled for: 3/30/2020 (OKC local Field Office) - Office closed due to COVID-19, haven't received cancellation/reschedule notice yet... 😭
  • Re-Scheduled Biometrics Appt. Letter Received (Electronic Notice): 12/10/2020 (Notice date of: 12/10/2020) - USCIS Biometrics Reuse Notice Received
  • Re-Scheduled Biometrics Letter Received (Hard Copy): 12/15/2020
  • Re-Scheduled Biometrics Appt. for: N/A - (USCIS is reusing previous fingerprints/biometrics from AOS)
  • Interview Appt. Letter Received (Electronic Notice): 12/29/2020 (Notice date of: 12/29/2020) - Document itself viewable online on 12/30/2020
  • Interview Letter Received (Hard Copy): 1/11/2021
  • Interview Date: 02/17/2021 (at 1:30pm; OKC local Field Office) - Office closed due to Hazardous Weather Conditions; waiting for reschedule notice. 😭
  • Interview CANCELLATION Notice Received (Electronic Notice): 2/17/2021 (Notice date of: 2/17/2021) - voicemail from USCIS advising of cancellation received on 2/16/2021; document itself viewable online on 2/20/2021
  • Interview CANCELLATION Notice Received (Hard Copy): 2/26/2021
  • Re-Scheduled Interview Letter Received (Electronic Notice): 2/22/2021 (Notice date of: 2/22/2021) - Document itself viewable online on 2/24/2021
  • Re-Scheduled Interview Letter Received (Hard Copy): 3/1/2021
  • Re-Scheduled Interview Date for: 4/13/2021 (at 8:45am; OKC local Field Office) - Received recommended for Approval paper from USCIS Officer, waiting for confirmation and oath ceremony to be scheduled.
  • Naturalization Approved: 4/13/2021 
  • Oath Ceramony Appt. Letter Received (Electronic Notice): 4/14/2021 (Notice date of: 4/14/2021) - Document itself viewable online same day.
  • Oath Ceramony Letter Received (Hard Copy): 4/23/2021 
  • Oath Ceramony Date: 4/27/2021 (at 1:30pm; OKC local Field Office) - Oath completed, naturalization certificate in hand :dance:
  • Update SSN Info Appt. Scheduled for: 6/4/2021 - update from LPR to US Citizen w/SS Office...Done, waiting on new ss card in mail.
  • Updated SSN Card Received: / /
  • Updated Drivers License Received: / /
  • Applied for US Passport: / /

image.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
12 minutes ago, dnp2014 said:

You getting a visitor visa is the main issue..very slim chance.. 

How many weeks your wife is pregnant. I know some states does provide free insurance to pregnant women and unauthorized children under 21. NY state being one of them. The only issue is need to start the emergency medicaid application process at the beginning of the pregnancy. They might deny or only partially cover it if you come in like 6 months pregnant and request for medicaid. 

I haven't seen the application for every state, but I know at least in some states, there is a question of residency... if you are not living in that state (even illegally), then you'd be lying when you answer yes to the question.  The government can and does prosecute people for taking benefits to which they are not entitled.

The whole thing is totally irrelevant and ridiculous since OP was planning on coming via a I-130 anyway.  A 19 year old doesn't have the fore-planning ability to really think this through.  OP needs to man up and tell his wife that flying halfway around the world when pregnant is not a good idea, especially with the provisions of the I-130 granting rights to the child born abroad.

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Hello. It might be difficult to get a B2 visa while you have a immigrant petition being processed. That doesn't mean you can't try. Applying for it will not jeopardize your immigrant application. If you decide to apply, take as much proof as possible that you will return to your country of residence. Like college enrollment, employment letter saying that you have a position with the company when you are back from vacation. A letter from your wife saying that you will not be applying for adjustment of status while in the US. Proof of her pregnancy. If you have a mortgage, car loan, or proof of any property you own. Everything that ties you to the country.

It's also important for the two of you to plan financially for the baby delivery. Idk if this info is still accurate, but you can read some http://www.visitorguard.com/obamacare-for-usa-visitors-and-immigrants/

You mentioned that your wife is a student and is not working. Beware that she will need to file an Affidavit of support for you. Since she has no income she would need a co-sponsor. Sometimes the spouse can fill an I864A and be the co-sponsor, but I don't know if it would work on your situation. Otherwise she needs to have 3x the 125% of the poverty line in assets, in other words, cash. The easiest way would be for her to find you a USC co-sponsor. 

I hope that helps, good luck!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

I haven't seen the application for every state, but I know at least in some states, there is a question of residency... if you are not living in that state (even illegally), then you'd be lying when you answer yes to the question.  The government can and does prosecute people for taking benefits to which they are not entitled.

The whole thing is totally irrelevant and ridiculous since OP was planning on coming via a I-130 anyway.  A 19 year old doesn't have the fore-planning ability to really think this through.  OP needs to man up and tell his wife that flying halfway around the world when pregnant is not a good idea, especially with the provisions of the I-130 granting rights to the child born abroad.

Yes NY requires residency.  I think 90 days in the state

Edited by dnp2014

14 minutes ago, Prystine said:

OP, why are you applying for a greencard when you state that you do not plan on staying in the USA? The point of a greencard is to become a legal permanent resident of the US and reside/live here, not to come for a while and then leave. 

Who said i’m not planning to live there ? We will be living there once the process is over and approved , it takea more than a year. For now she’s pregnant and this is what the topic is all about .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.