sev003

Bringing baby father to the States

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am a USC living in NYC with my son. My baby father lives in Turkey. He is a Turkish citizen. I would like to bring him to the States, however, I do not want to get married yet. I have been through a divorce and I just don't feel I am ready to get married again. I would like to bring the father of my child to the US and see if it would work out with us before I marry him.

What's the best way to have him come and visit us? We tried the tourist visa which was denied. Is there any other visa that would be applicable to us?

1 minute ago, sev003 said:

Hi everyone,

I am a USC living in NYC with my son. My baby father lives in Turkey. He is a Turkish citizen. I would like to bring him to the States, however, I do not want to get married yet. I have been through a divorce and I just don't feel I am ready to get married again. I would like to bring the father of my child to the US and see if it would work out with us before I marry him.

What's the best way to have him come and visit us? We tried the tourist visa which was denied. Is there any other visa that would be applicable to us?

The K1 visa is probably the right way to go. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 minute ago, cyberfx1024 said:

The K1 visa is probably the right way to go. 

She does not want to get married.

If he can't get a tourist visa and you don't want to get married to him then there really isn't any way he can come.

3 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

She does not want to get married.

If he can't get a tourist visa and you don't want to get married to him then there really isn't any way he can come.

I was thinking of the 90 day window but alas you are correct. 

If you don't want to marry him immediately, a K1 visa gives you 90 days however you need to sign an intent to marry. If you don't end up marrying within 90 days, he will have to return to his country.

When the baby turns 21, if she/he wants, they can file a petition to being their father over.

Outside of that, there's not really any options available outside of you moving to Turkey.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 minute ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I was thinking of the 90 day window but alas you are correct. 

Know what you are saying. Just seems silly to go through the K-1 process for 6-8 months and sign all kind of stuff when she does not want to get married. Yes it gives them 90 days together but still. 

3 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

Know what you are saying. Just seems silly to go through the K-1 process for 6-8 months and sign all kind of stuff when she does not want to get married. Yes it gives them 90 days together but still. 

I have seen sillier stuff on VJ before so this idea ain't that bad. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

As far as I know...the K1 isn't a "try it out and see". I agree with @NuestraUnion. I have spent 10 months waiting on a K1 visa (my fiance is suppose to arrive from Algeria next week). You may want to look into going to Turkey  (I love Turkey...beautiful country and the people are amazing).

Edited by janet3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like you are German, relocate to Germany? Lots of Turks in Germany.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Sounds like you are German, relocate to Germany? Lots of Turks in Germany.

This specific Turk is living in Turkey. It's not like they get a pass to suddenly relocate to Germany. That's also an immigration.

Timeline

for the OP:

he can try a visiting visa and visit you and the baby. But it will probably be hard from Turkey unless he can show strong ties (because you kinda look like his strong ties)

if you go there and try try to continue your relationship and decide (which can also be good as you'll see him in his most natural self, with his family etc.) then if you want to marry you can either marry there and go through direct consular filing (you'll need to show domicile in US) or apply CR-1 

for k1 people apply because they intend to get married, and the process is long and will basically cause the same problems of not being together and the need to visit each other. And in the end that is a visa specifically to get married.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Naes said:

for the OP:

he can try a visiting visa and visit you and the baby. But it will probably be hard from Turkey unless he can show strong ties (because you kinda look like his strong ties)

if you go there and try try to continue your relationship and decide (which can also be good as you'll see him in his most natural self, with his family etc.) then if you want to marry you can either marry there and go through direct consular filing (you'll need to show domicile in US) or apply CR-1 

for k1 people apply because they intend to get married, and the process is long and will basically cause the same problems of not being together and the need to visit each other. And in the end that is a visa specifically to get married.

We tried the tourist visa which was denied.

FYI

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

We tried the tourist visa which was denied.

FYI

With a baby? 

I'm so sorry to hear that. But if you got denied, Turkey would almost most definetely will get denied.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.