Carolina Dalton

120 pages of how do we meet k1 fiance visa?

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Okay guys what do you think about this covert letter? It is too much information about how do we meet? 

MORE THE BETTER ?

22228452_10210232457519020_5983194782715286002_n.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I cannot comment on the 120 pages, I think ours was 30. I've read before too much information may be troublesome for them as they won't go through everything. 

However I believe the form G-325a is no longer required. 

I know I went through one of the easiest embassies, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I think you might be submitting too much.

For example, my husband wrote a single sentence for the explanation of how we met. That's all that it took. 

I would go through and make sure that everything you're submitting makes a unique point. If you can prove that you met within the last two years using ten pages, ditch the other 110. Your letters of intent to marry can just be single pages each saying "I affirm that it is my plan to marry xxx within 90 days of his/my entry to the US." 

If you were a USCIS worker staring down the huge number of I-129f petitions to get through that day, you might not want to read a 200 page dossier of FB chats about how much the couple loves each other.

Ultimately though it's up to you how much to submit. If this much is how much you need to feel secure, do it. But if you can make the same points more concisely, give the reviewer a break.

I'd also lose the binder. Someone's going to have to take out every page from those wallets and scan them into a computer. Elastic band or a clip is easy to remove and will still keep things together. 

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I wonder what you did write that it come out 120 pages ? Lol

2 paragraph is fine but if you have more words for saying it shouldnt be more than two pages .

I think you know the answer to your question. 120 pages is way too much information. Good luck!

That much detail and length jumps out as not being helpful to your case. It sounds way too over the top, and I doubt anybody would actually read it. Second, providing unnecessary details can find a way to come back and bite you later.

Other notes:

• G-325As are no longer needed.
  • They want to know how you met, not a book. :P "Just the facts, ma'am".
  • The beneficiary's birth certificate isn't needed yet. Save that for the interview.
  • A certificate of no marriage isn't needed yet (or possibly ever, but that's embassy specific). Save it for the interview.
  • Evidence of having met in person is just way too much...think quality over quantity. Several good pieces is far more useful than a hundred mediocre ones.
  • Evidence of an ongoing relationship isn't needed yet, but is fine to include (aka "frontloading"). I don't know the content or quality of what you're providing, but this is one area where providing a little more is fairly common.
Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Carolina Dalton said:

Okay guys what do you think about this covert letter? It is too much information about how do we meet? 

MORE THE BETTER ?

too much, keep it simple, some pictures (5-10), ticket stubs, receipts (hotel, car rentals, etc..), and stamps in Passport showing times in country and leaving. Really that's all you need, your making it to hard on yourself let alone the poor customs officer trying to decipher your 120 pages of probable texts and facebook chat logs!

Timeline

MORE THE BETTER ?

too much, keep it simple, some pictures (5-10), ticket stubs, receipts (hotel, car rentals, etc..), and stamps in Passport showing times in country and leaving. Really that's all you need, your making it to hard on yourself let alone the poor customs officer trying to decipher your 120 pages of probable texts and facebook chat logs!

Timeline

MORE THE BETTER ?

Timeline
9 hours ago, Carolina Dalton said:

MORE THE BETTER ?

Just to be clear this is the cover letter from a person that I have been talking on fb, I told him that it was too many pages, they were not necessary, but he told me that he doesn't want to get an rfe so that's why, but still I told him it might look suspicious so I did this topic to ask you guys what do you think about soo many pages, he told me this package would cost 500 dollars to be sent to uscis in texas.

1 hour ago, Carolina Dalton said:

Just to be clear this is the cover letter from a person that I have been talking on fb, I told him that it was too many pages, they were not necessary, but he told me that he doesn't want to get an rfe so that's why, but still I told him it might look suspicious so I did this topic to ask you guys what do you think about soo many pages, he told me this package would cost 500 dollars to be sent to uscis in texas.

Is he hiring his own messenger for two days? There's no reason a courier service/traceable mail would cost that much. I think your friend as a way to... exaggerate. On the other side, he wrote a novel and maybe he could self publish and make money out of his love story!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lemonslice said:

Is he hiring his own messenger for two days? There's no reason a courier service/traceable mail would cost that much. I think your friend as a way to... exaggerate. On the other side, he wrote a novel and maybe he could self publish and make money out of his love story!

Lol He is not my friend, we are just collecting and filling the I-129f and we were comparing cover letters so I send it and he sends me his and I was SHOCKED to see how much information he put I was like my entire form isn't more than 60 pages, what kind of things did you write in there that need that much pages? did u meet her when she was 5 or what? or did you travel 20 times? 

Well he told me he just visit her 1 time for 1 month but they travel a lot,  inside their fiance country, so  he put like 7 destinations and airplane tickets visiting her country, he even put the BAGGAGE CLAIM  TICKETS  lol I was laughing  so hard, why in the world someone would want to see that? But anyways I try to tell him, that you might be putting too much info.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.