mereal

Need help

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi everyone 

I need help for this matter please for a friend of mine

He was  in a relationship with his ex for couple months but he broke up with her coz they didn’t get along together 

He met another girl and after few months she came over and and they  just start the k1 application 

now his ex got mad and she send a letter to the uscis accusing him of immigration fraud.. it’s bizarre 

would this has any impact on the k1 application

It might or it might not. It all depends how strong the evidence of bona fide relationship with a current significant other is. All I can suggest is spending a lot of time face to face in person. Getting engaged on a first visit is not a good sign.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 minutes ago, mereal said:

Hi everyone 

I need help for this matter please for a friend of mine

He was  in a relationship with his ex for couple months but he broke up with her coz they didn’t get along together 

He met another girl and after few months she came over and and they  just start the k1 application 

now his ex got mad and she send a letter to the uscis accusing him of immigration fraud.. it’s bizarre 

would this has any impact on the k1 application

1. Is he still married to his ex?

2. How did he become a U.S. citizen?

3. Was his ex an LPR?

4. How did his ex become an LPR?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

1. Is he still married to his ex?

2. How did he become a U.S. citizen?

3. Was his ex an LPR?

4. How did his ex become an LPR?

My friend is still overseas , like I said he broke up with his first girlfriend.. then he met another one from USA, his new gf started a k1 application. But his old girlfriend got mad and she trying to stop him from getting his visa approved

so she accusing him of immigration fraud 

Timeline
1 minute ago, mereal said:

My friend is still overseas , like I said he broke up with his first girlfriend.. then he met another one from USA, his new gf started a k1 application. But his old girlfriend got mad and she trying to stop him from getting his visa approved

so she accusing him of immigration fraud 

OK, so he is alien not the citizen. That's new information.

Did his ex-gf start an I-129F for him?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, mereal said:

No, they just talked for couple months 

I doubt the ex-gf's accusation will go any where, especially since it seems she was not serious about the relationship.

Pay heed though to:

That is from an ICE agent. She vehemently disagrees with the consensus view on Visajourney and other web sites that marriage fraud isn't prosecuted. She says she does investigate each case she gets, and here for the first time she notes she got one sent to prison.

So if your friend is in a true bonafide relationship with his fiancee, that's wonderful, it will be fine, and best wishes for him and her.

But if not, then he doesn't want to meet up with the wrong ICE officer.

They should not do K-1 though. CR-1 is better, and don't enter the U.S. until married 2 years to avoid I-751.

Edited by Mike E

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I doubt the ex-gf's accusation will go any where, especially since it seems she was not serious about the relationship.

Pay heed though to:

That is from an ICE agent. She vehemently disagrees with the consensus view on Visajourney and other web sites that marriage fraud isn't prosecuted. She says she does investigate each case she gets, and here for the first time she notes she got one sent to prison.

So if your friend is in a true bonafide relationship with his fiancee, that's wonderful, it will be fine, and best wishes for him and her.

But if not, then he doesn't want to meet up with the wrong ICE officer.

They should not do K-1 though. CR-1 is better, and don't enter the U.S. until married 2 years to avoid I-751.

Thanks for your answers 

like I said they just stared their k1 application yesterday and then he got a txt from his ex gf about talking to the uscis about his immigration fraud 

Timeline
Just now, mereal said:

Thanks for your answers 

like I said they just stared their k1 application yesterday and then he got a txt from his ex gf about talking to the uscis about his immigration fraud 

Yes. What is your point?

@Mike E yeah she's trolling on my post and called me ugly names when i gave suggestion to a US citizen who got cheated by the ex wife who already got GC, to just move on with his life. she said that US citizen have to report to cops, ICE, USCIS, perhaps also to the president of USA if its possible. geez.

but to OP, that ex gf can report whatever she want, but if the relationship is real, i dont think ur friend gonna have problem. obviously do couple of meet up to strengthen their K1 case. the more the better

Edited by Misscloud

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, mereal said:

Thanks for your answers 

t

pull that petition

get another visit and marry 

k1 has small chance of approval in tunis embassy

and BTW it takes just as long as spouse visa

Get the USC gf online here and tell her to talk to us

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline

Agreed @JeanneAdil (to both of your comments)

@mereal has your friend closed his accounts on the online dating sites yet?

Edited by Mike E

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hopefully they have a very strong case.

Any other red flags?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.