Ted277

Is age difference an issue?

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Ted277 said:

guys kill people before the interview date

We don’t kill people. Rather, we’ve seen and some of us even experienced denial with a very similar circumstance as yours. 
Whether you want it or not, Nigeria is a high fraud country. Be thankful for Nigerians who tried to game the system consistently for years. Don’t blame it on us. Is it fair for Nigerians that want to do it the legal way? No! But it is what it is. 
Age gap can be a red flag, especially if the woman is beyond child bearing age and older than the man. Again, is it fair? No. But it is what it is and you do your best under the circumstances. Good luck.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Just so you know, DHS might have approved your petition, but then you’ll deal with USCIS, who have different standards

7 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

We don’t kill people. Rather, we’ve seen and some of us even experienced denial with a very similar circumstance as yours. 
Whether you want it or not, Nigeria is a high fraud country. Be thankful for Nigerians who tried to game the system consistently for years. Don’t blame it on us. Is it fair for Nigerians that want to do it the legal way? No! But it is what it is. 
Age gap can be a red flag, especially if the woman is beyond child bearing age and older than the man. Again, is it fair? No. But it is what it is and you do your best under the circumstances. Good luck.

Okay. Thank you. 🙌🙌

Timeline
15 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

You asked us about the chances and we’re answered your question. Would you rather hear a cold truth or a sweet lie? No need to get this way when all we’re doing is answering your question honestly and giving our opinions. You’re in no way obliged to follow them. 

Spot on. Thanks

Timeline
35 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

sorry just trying to give u some facts and help

also gave u some hope

as we are both dealing with high fraud countries

and u are always allowed to continue /  didn't say u couldn't

I will not bother u again

best to u both

Thanks a lot. You misunderstood me, just trying to say i will see this through before starting another. If I haven’t started the K1, i won’t be stupid to file it after all the advice here. CR-1 is just like a second plan. I learnt about visa journey just last 3 days ago. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ted277 said:

Thanks a lot. You misunderstood me, just trying to say i will see this through before starting another. If I haven’t started the K1, i won’t be stupid to file it after all the advice here. CR-1 is just like a second plan. I learnt about visa journey just last 3 days ago. 

i will break my rule and respond to that

i only added that info as i wish i had know all that when i first applied my K1

and i found those reasons for denial of a K1 from an attorney web page

https://www.sjfrankellaw.com/top-5-reasons-for-k-1-fiance-visa-rejection-or-denial

I personally felt like a was fighting immigration every step of the way

but i won my appeal

and i have helped several with NOIR/NOID notices giving them the tools to fight a denial of a CR1  (and yes,  immigration can also deny a CR1)

there are ways to overcome the age gap but u need to know what they are to get your visa and many of us had to do just that

but u can't ask and then not listen to responses /  just listen /  what u do is totally up to u

this whole immigration is an ordeal and it takes patience ,  time and money and we can't make it "hurry up"

3 hours ago, Ted277 said:

It’s not about getting the answer I want. Read the topic, I already made up my mind if denied I will opt for the spousal visa. You guys kill people before the interview date. I understand about the CR-1 but lemme conclude this first. It’s almost over. 

If you feel that people here are being harder on you than a CO will in the interview, then why worry?

If you posted this thread hoping people would tell you that a 20 year age gap between a 26 year old Nigerian male and a 46 year old American female will be approved without question, your expectations need adjusting.

4 hours ago, Ted277 said:

It’s not about getting the answer I want. Read the topic, I already made up my mind if denied I will opt for the spousal visa. You guys kill people before the interview date. I understand about the CR-1 but lemme conclude this first. It’s almost over. 

Why are you here then?  @Jeanne Adil was only offering advice based off her experience and knowledge. Best of luck to you. 

5 hours ago, Ted277 said:

Your case and my case is not the same and about the childbearing stuff, me and my fiancée lost a baby in July 2021.

Sorry for your loss.

This is what is meant by being 'beyond childbearing age' at 46.  A woman's chances of carrying a healthy pregnancy diminish greatly after 40.  Not that it can't be done, but it is often fraught with complications (miscarriage, for example) that the same woman would not have had conceiving in her 20s or 30s.  

The cultural focus on male Nigerian virility and being able to father children is known by the Lagos staff, which is why someone your age choosing a partner of this age is scrutinized.  Undoubtedly, if there were no possibility of a US GC involved, you would not be with her......similarly, if the plan was for her to move to Nigeria, you would not be with her.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Sorry for your loss.

This is what is meant by being 'beyond childbearing age' at 46.  A woman's chances of carrying a healthy pregnancy diminish greatly after 40.  Not that it can't be done, but it is often fraught with complications (miscarriage, for example) that the same woman would not have had conceiving in her 20s or 30s.  

The cultural focus on male Nigerian virility and being able to father children is known by the Lagos staff, which is why someone your age choosing a partner of this age is scrutinized.  Undoubtedly, if there were no possibility of a US GC involved, you would not be with her......similarly, if the plan was for her to move to Nigeria, you would not be with her.

Oga rest. You’ll just open your mouth waaaaa. Talk only wetin you know. 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Timona said:

I see a Ferrari on the road here.

You met October 2019, met physically January 2021 and were already pregnant by July 2021? Every one has their choice. However, this will come under the microscope. 

I read your responses and can tell you that you are shopping for a GC and seem proud of it based on responses I read on page 1. Seems you're keeping tabs with exact dates and times so that you get your story straight at the interview. 

I'm Kenyan. We don't marry people same age as our parents. I know it happens a lot in both countries, and that is the reason for intense scrutiny at the embassy. It just smells of desperation. 

You claim you've been dating older women. Aren't there older women in Nigeria? Why won't you date them? 

I know you're gonna get mad when you read this. But, I've seen this often and call it early, country notwithstanding. 

Wishing you luck. But I don't see this being approved. And switching to CR-1 may not get faster approval. It will just be seen as option B to try and salvage your ship. 

Good luck. 

Nope. You can’t infuriate me. I don’t even know you. 😂🤣

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ted277 said:

Oga rest. You’ll just open your mouth waaaaa. Talk only wetin you know. 

Just to remind you it’s against TOS to tell someone what and what not to post.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rocio0010 said:

Just to remind you it’s against TOS to tell someone what and what not to post.

You must love this topic. Always inch away. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ted277 said:

You must love this topic. Always inch away. 

I do love the fact that any one can post in VJ.

I also love reading TOS to make sure I follow them and that everybody does. Believe it or not, even if you’re trying to shut up answers you didn’t like, they’re actually trying to open your eyes and help you. Instead of humbling down, you just take it personal and start pouting. That’s not how immigration works, you can pout and sulk and think it’s unfair aaaaalll you want. You can even think you have all the answers… until you understand you don’t. Well, it’s about that time. I’m out. Good luck.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.