Anny111

Return for interview.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello.  We arrived on a K1, K2 visa.  The green card interview is scheduled for late August.  Advance parole  was requested, but not received.  My son left for Russia without an advance parole  to pass exams at the university.  Are there any chances of returning for an interview?  Are there other ways in this case?  There is a valid tour visa.  I foresee the answers, but suddenly there is a loophole. Thank you. 

48 minutes ago, Anny111 said:

Are there any chances of returning for an interview?

No. 8 CFR § 245.2(a)(4)(ii)(A) is explicitly clear: "The departure from the United States of an applicant who is under exclusion, deportation, or removal proceedings shall be deemed an abandonment of the application constituting grounds for termination of the proceeding by reason of the departure. Except as provided in paragraph (a)(4)(ii)(B) and (C) of this section, the departure of an applicant who is not under exclusion, deportation, or removal proceedings shall be deemed an abandonment of the application constituting grounds for termination of any pending application for adjustment of status, unless the applicant was previously granted advance parole by the Service for such absences, and was inspected upon returning to the United States. If the adjustment application of an individual granted advance parole is subsequently denied the individual will be treated as an applicant for admission, and subject to the provisions of section 212 and 235 of the Act."

How old was your son when you married your US citizen husband? If he was under 18 on that date then your US citizen husband should file Form I-130 ASAP. I recommend filing it online: https://www.uscis.gov/i-130

48 minutes ago, Anny111 said:

There is a valid tour visa.

Preconceived intent to AOS from B-2 is illegal.

At POE, must be honest with the CBP officer and the officer will deny him entry as inadmissible for being an intending immigrant without a visa that permits immigrant intent; see INA 212(a)(7)(A)(i)(I).

Edited by HRQX

This situation is such a shame especially as the original poster was already given correct advice in a previous thread, that her son needs to have the Advanced Parole before leaving the US.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
16 hours ago, Anny111 said:

Hello.  We arrived on a K1, K2 visa.  The green card interview is scheduled for late August.  Advance parole  was requested, but not received.  My son left for Russia without an advance parole  to pass exams at the university.  Are there any chances of returning for an interview?  Are there other ways in this case?  There is a valid tour visa.  I foresee the answers, but suddenly there is a loophole. Thank you. 

He has abandoned his Adjustment of Status application.  Even if he, somehow, gets inside the US, USCIS will deny his case during the interview since they have records of his leaving.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

20 hours ago, Anny111 said:

Everyone already warned you about this in your previous thread. Because of his abandoned green card application, there's a good chance he will not be allowed back in with his tourist visa. CBP might even cancel it if he tries to enter with it and send him back on a plane back to Russia. CBP is very very unlikely to let him in a temporary visit visa when he's demonstrated recent intent to permanently immigrate to the US. Shame that the K2 was essentially wasted.

A further note, if he tries to return with a tourist visa and he's deemed inadmissible per INA 212(a)(7)(A)(i)(I) for being an immigrant without an immigrant visa, there is also a risk that he may be removed from the PoE and subject to the five year bar if they decide not to let him withdraw his application. Your son will have to go via Consular Processing, submit I-130 as soon as possible.

Edited by Kai (CanadaDude)

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
21 hours ago, Anny111 said:

Sorry pal, he abandoned the application. File I-130 asap. And next time, be a lil' bit smarter before making some decisions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.