38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 hours ago, Gomast said:

1. Chill. You’re in for a long and uncertain process.  You need a lot of patience. 

2. My EAD was recently approved after 18 months, after submitting 2 expedited requests, 3 outside normal processing times requests, and 1 ombudsman request. I suggest you do the same.

3. My AOS has been pending since September 2019! I did my biometrics in October 2019. I haven’t heard anything since then. 

You’re actually close to bring able to do WOM.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
1 hour ago, ra0010 said:

You’re actually close to bring able to do WOM.

Thank you, I haven’t thought about it. I’ll do some research and see what are the requirements to submit it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The job offer is tied to financial loss. Seems to what most go for.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
5 hours ago, Boiler said:

I have always wondered if having to have a sponsor wouldn’t come back to bite you. Like USCIS might think “you have a sponsor, you shouldn’t be in a financial emergency”

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Vegas i-751 said:

A lot of people who went through AOS always say “hey if I could turn back time” “maybe you should have thought of this”. I went through K1 back in 2018/19 and have absolutely no regrets for me. 

You made the decision that you right for you and there’s no need to justify to others. People will always hype about why you didn’t chose the CR1-either to raise awareness for others or just to question why you don’t believe their view points on what is stronger. Doesn’t matter as all that matters is you and the route you chose. You made that decision. You are already in the AOS process so CR1 isn’t relevant. 

Just have faith it will work out soon. I’m not a hindsight kinda guy-I mean you’re in the process already. I hope all works out soon. Try expedite with job offers-doesn’t cost nor hurt to try. 

Thank you for this wise comment

Our AOS took over a year pre-Covid. So I'd expect a much longer wait now. It's really hard on the immigrant. We totally understood the implications of choosing the K1 over the CR1and we were prepared for it financially, but it did start to take a mental toll on my husband as he started feeling "worthless" in the US. We initially applied for the K1 after the death of an immediate family member, and I just wanted him here faster. He was traveling to the US a lot to be with me and we didn't want to have an issue. So ultimately, I would not have changed our chosen path. But from a more practical view as opposed to an emotional view, yes the CR1 makes more sense because of the ability to travel/work more quickly. My husband really struggled (and still does with living in the US). It takes time and patience, but you'll get there eventually. :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, Vegas i-751 said:

A lot of people who went through AOS always say “hey if I could turn back time” “maybe you should have thought of this”. I went through K1 back in 2018/19 and have absolutely no regrets for me. 

You made the decision that you right for you and there’s no need to justify to others. People will always hype about why you didn’t chose the CR1-either to raise awareness for others or just to question why you don’t believe their view points on what is stronger. Doesn’t matter as all that matters is you and the route you chose. You made that decision. You are already in the AOS process so CR1 isn’t relevant. 

Just have faith it will work out soon. I’m not a hindsight kinda guy-I mean you’re in the process already. I hope all works out soon. Try expedite with job offers-doesn’t cost nor hurt to try. 

10 minutes ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

Our AOS took over a year pre-Covid. So I'd expect a much longer wait now. It's really hard on the immigrant. We totally understood the implications of choosing the K1 over the CR1and we were prepared for it financially, but it did start to take a mental toll on my husband as he started feeling "worthless" in the US. We initially applied for the K1 after the death of an immediate family member, and I just wanted him here faster. He was traveling to the US a lot to be with me and we didn't want to have an issue. So ultimately, I would not have changed our chosen path. But from a more practical view as opposed to an emotional view, yes the CR1 makes more sense because of the ability to travel/work more quickly. My husband really struggled (and still does with living in the US). It takes time and patience, but you'll get there eventually. :) 

Thank you both for responding in a helpful and compassionate way! It's a refreshing change of pace from the usual on this website.

Timeline
20 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Expedite your EAD with a job offer letter.

That's the most you can do.

Most jobs ask when you apply if you're legally allowed to work in the country. The answer would currently be no, so in that case how would he be able to get a job offer?

Timeline
10 hours ago, Vegas i-751 said:

Try expedite with job offers-doesn’t cost nor hurt to try. 

9 hours ago, Boiler said:

How would he get a job offer if he doesn't have the ability to legally work? That's one of the first things they ask when you apply so I feel like that wouldn't go well.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, ak5285 said:

How would he get a job offer if he doesn't have the ability to legally work? That's one of the first things they ask when you apply so I feel like that wouldn't go well.

Get the job offer subject to work authorisation.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, ak5285 said:

Most jobs ask when you apply if you're legally allowed to work in the country. The answer would currently be no, so in that case how would he be able to get a job offer?

The answers is yes if I have an EAD which is I can get if you give me a job offer letter...🙄

Timeline
7 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The answers is yes if I have an EAD which is I can get if you give me a job offer letter...🙄

Lol true, I feel like it's usually a yes or no box to check though, with no place to give context... I guess he could try

8 minutes ago, ak5285 said:

There's really no need to respond in this way. It was a simple question. 

Yes it was a very simple question that has been asked and clarified by many many times in VJ history.

You have had several VJ moderators respond to you with correct answers.

There is no reason to doubt them either like you have.

Timeline

There is no mention of is job offer being required but it does seem to help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.