38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yes it was a very simple question that has been asked and clarified by many many times in VJ history.

You have had several VJ moderators respond to you with correct answers.

There is no reason to doubt them either like you have.

I don't doubt that the mods know what they're talking about, I just wanted to clarify how exactly their suggestion would work. This whole website is for asking questions and clarifying things that are sometimes hard to understand, so it's not unreasonable to do so. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Non contributory  post removed along with continued back and forth.  For the Record not one Moderator has contributed to this thread. Organizer is not a Moderator. VJ is for asking a question if you are tired of seeing a question being asked you can move on. There is no wrong question to be asked and members are always encouraged to ask questions.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Raluca&Will said:

I send my doc in the end of April 2020 and still no interview. 

My ead and ap will expire in September I hope they will send me the renewal soon.

@Raluca&Will, did you already file for renewal? You have to submit both the I-765 and I-131 forms. The EAD NOA/receipt gives you an automatic extension for 180 days. I do not think that is the case with AP. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
3 hours ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

@Raluca&Will, did you already file for renewal? You have to submit both the I-765 and I-131 forms. The EAD NOA/receipt gives you an automatic extension for 180 days. I do not think that is the case with AP. 

I send my doc for renewal in April.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/17/2021 at 3:07 PM, Gomast said:

1. Chill. You’re in for a long and uncertain process.  You need a lot of patience. 

2. My EAD was recently approved after 18 months, after submitting 2 expedited requests, 3 outside normal processing times requests, and 1 ombudsman request. I suggest you do the same.

3. My AOS has been pending since September 2019! I did my biometrics in October 2019. I haven’t heard anything since then. 

I agree. That's part of the reason why they want to know if you can financially support your spouse while this is going on. I totally feel for your husband as I felt the same way the first year as I'd never been apart from my family that long. We JUST got our interview notice and it will be two years since applying:

Married Sept 14 2019

Submitted adjustment of status Sept. 21, 2019

Biometrics in October 2019

Received EAD and Advanced Parole January 2020

Sent renewal EAD and Advanced Parole Nov/Dec 2020

Received updated card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
2 hours ago, LPV said:

I agree. That's part of the reason why they want to know if you can financially support your spouse while this is going on. I totally feel for your husband as I felt the same way the first year as I'd never been apart from my family that long. We JUST got our interview notice and it will be two years since applying:

Married Sept 14 2019

Submitted adjustment of status Sept. 21, 2019

Biometrics in October 2019

Received EAD and Advanced Parole January 2020

Sent renewal EAD and Advanced Parole Nov/Dec 2020

Received updated card

Congratulations on your interview notice! It gives me some hope, because we have a similar timeline and I haven’t received the interview notice yet.
How long did you have to wait for the approval of the renewed EAD?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't remember to be honest. I think it was a few months. Definitely do the renewal months before it expires to make sure you have something by the time it's close to expiring

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.