isis375

Approved Spouse Visa. Zoom Marriage!

111 posts in this topic

You can find my detailed explanation of how to do the Utah Online marriage process here: 

All of the links are in there too.

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 11, 2023

Package Delivered - January 13, 2023

NOA Received Dated - January 13, 2023

NOA Notice Date - January 18, 2023

On 3/11/2021 at 3:16 PM, isis375 said:

CR-1 Visa Approved!  Zoom Ceremony.

My husband and I married through Utah Online marriage ceremony in September 2020. I visited him in Costa Rica in October 2020 and filed for the CR-1. Our I-130 was approved January 29, 2021. We were DQ in the NVC on February 16, 2021 and received our interview date on February 24th.

My husband passed his interview this morning and now we await his passport and POE in the coming weeks.

Oh my goodness! That was so fast! Congratulations! We started the process in Costa Rica in 2019 and were finally approved in December of 2020. I'm glad to see the process is picking back up in CR for others! :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Hijack posts and replies to said posts removed; if you have questions about your own case or circumstances, you need to start your own thread.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/19/2021 at 6:31 PM, isis375 said:

You can find my detailed explanation of how to do the Utah Online marriage process here: 

do you think the marriage needs to be consummated before sending in the application for the cr-1 visa? My fiancé and I have been physically together multiple times but can't be physically together right now due to border closures, we wanted to get married via the utah zoom wedding and send in our application as soon as possible.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Nicole16 said:

do you think the marriage needs to be consummated before sending in the application for the cr-1 visa?

Absolutely.  Both spouses must be in the presence of each other after the ceremony BEFORE filing the I-130.....otherwise, you are wasting your time and money.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 1 month later...

This is just wild. I filed my wife's 130 last April and was approved late November... filed NVC last month and have been told to expect 4-6 months to clear NVC... maybe get an interview 3 months after that if lucky. She is in Argentina.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I’m not trying to pry but for the sake of knowledge, If you don’t mind telling how you guys met and how many times you met before your online marriage. Even though the marriage is a necessary step, l the stages and dynamics of the relationship that led to the marriage is the real key to the success of the process. 

more importantly, congratulations to the both of you. 

4 minutes ago, KimAyo said:

I’m not trying to pry but for the sake of knowledge, If you don’t mind telling how you guys met and how many times you met before your online marriage. Even though the marriage is a necessary step, l the stages and dynamics of the relationship that led to the marriage is the real key to the success of the process. 

more importantly, congratulations to the both of you. 

Please read the thread thoroughly.  OP provides this information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Please read the thread thoroughly.  OP provides this information.

I read thoroughly and understood the information provided by the OP. I was looking for some specific details if she’s happy to share; like how they met and how many times she visited. She did mention she visited him in October 2020 and filed for CR1 afterwards, that doesn’t say how long they’ve met or how they met….maybe I missed something, you can tag me on the response that answers these questions. Thanks. 

We met playing ARK Survival Evolved on the PC in 2018, started dating and being on Skype 12~ hours a day. I visited Sept 2019 for three weeks in Costa Rica. We became engaged Feb 2020. We married September 2020, and I visited for three more weeks in quarantine with him in October 2020. 

And he has been here in the US with me since March 25 this year, and it's been wonderful. 

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 11, 2023

Package Delivered - January 13, 2023

NOA Received Dated - January 13, 2023

NOA Notice Date - January 18, 2023

I wonder how this would work in my situation? Back in January of 2019 I moved to the Philippines to live with my girlfriend, we lived together until February of 2021, when I couldn’t stand the covid restrictions there any longer and moved back to the US. I’m wondering if all I need to do is this Zoom marriage like you did and process the marriage paperwork instead of the K-1 paperwork like I was getting ready to do? It seems the Philippines is taking close to 2 years for K-1 visas.

24 minutes ago, Jimmyzr1 said:

I’m wondering if all I need to do is this Zoom marriage like you did and process the marriage paperwork instead of the K-1 paperwork like I was getting ready to do?

The OP made sure to visit their spouse after the Zoom wedding and before filing the I-130 petition.  That is a critical point for the marriage to be valid for US immigration purposes.  Can you and your Filipina wife-to-be meet in person before filing the petition to start the CR1 process?

7 minutes ago, Chancy said:

The OP made sure to visit their spouse after the Zoom wedding and before filing the I-130 petition.  That is a critical point for the marriage to be valid for US immigration purposes.  Can you and your Filipina wife-to-be meet in person before filing the petition to start the CR1 process?

No, that’s not possible, as I’m not able to get back there. We’ve already been together for over 2 years, I don’t see why that would be an issue!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.