isis375

Approved Spouse Visa. Zoom Marriage!

111 posts in this topic

Hello Miss ISIS 375 i wonder why your case was super fast like that while other people been waiting for soooo long . People like myself and my wife .We are DQ  since  AUG 19, 2019 and we are still waiting for an interview date... now if pleople want  to talk about VISA JOURNEY this is a JOURNEY . has anyone been waiting for so long here???  Waiting for answers guys, thanks in advance.

Wow congratulations! That was very quick for you both! I have a question...did you file for your spousal visa online or did you send it through the mail? Just wondering I filed for my husband online and that was in August and have only received my first notice and we are through Nebraska as well...you filed after us and are already on your way to be together! I know there are people who are waiting who have filed even before me but just wanted to see how you filed :) 

We filed online. I don't understand why it was so fast, either, honestly. All I can do is take this blessing and hope you guys get through the process soon. As far as interview dates go, completely depends on the Embassy at that point and that is why it varies so much. Regarding the I-130 and then the NVC, I don't understand why they would process ours so quickly. 

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 11, 2023

Package Delivered - January 13, 2023

NOA Received Dated - January 13, 2023

NOA Notice Date - January 18, 2023

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, isis375 said:

I did not go to Utah. 

When you start the process, it is an online application in which you use their scanning technology to scan your passport and/or US ID, and then you schedule a web-conference wedding ceremony. Everything is digital. 

Thank you!

have another question, when you petitioned and send the relationship evidence, did you send any screenshots from wedding? or did you mention anywhere the marriage was online? I just wonder would it affect the case on any level at all or its completely 100% no problems whatsoever as long as couple met together after the ceremony online. 

6 hours ago, Annevilwill said:

have another question, when you petitioned and send the relationship evidence, did you send any screenshots from wedding? or did you mention anywhere the marriage was online? I just wonder would it affect the case on any level at all or its completely 100% no problems whatsoever as long as couple met together after the ceremony online. 

No we did not submit pictures from the wedding. Just pictures of us physically together before and after. The consular officer asked him where we were married, and he said online through Utah. The CO was curious but not judgmental and did not ask any further questions about it. But there was no point in the process pre-interview that the online part was mentioned specifically. 

Removal of Conditions:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 3/11/2021 at 9:16 PM, isis375 said:

CR-1 Visa Approved!  Zoom Ceremony.

My husband and I married through Utah Online marriage ceremony in September 2020. I visited him in Costa Rica in October 2020 and filed for the CR-1. Our I-130 was approved January 29, 2021. We were DQ in the NVC on February 16, 2021 and received our interview date on February 24th.

My husband passed his interview this morning and now we await his passport and POE in the coming weeks.

Congrats, this is a news for us all. Wish you and your husband success is everything.

4 hours ago, Pigo said:

Please did you called the Nebraska center? 
because my wife submitted our application on 31st August 2020 and still haven’t receive any news. 

No I didn't do anything but submit the application.

Removal of Conditions:

19 hours ago, isis375 said:

UPDATE: The passport is already ready for pickup! He will get it tomorrow and will buy the plane ticket for next week! OMG

Congratulations!!! 

It appears your entire visa journey has been an incredibly fast one. I’m hoping the mods pin this as hope for others considering online weddings in such a time as this.

Stay blessed🌻

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 3/11/2021 at 4:16 PM, isis375 said:

My husband and I married through Utah Online marriage ceremony in September 2020. I visited him in Costa Rica in October 2020 and filed for the CR-1. Our I-130 was approved January 29, 2021. We were DQ in the NVC on February 16, 2021 and received our interview date on February 24th.

My husband passed his interview this morning and now we await his passport and POE in the coming weeks.

I'm following in your footsteps. Hope we get the approval timeframe you did. :)  Scheduled to be married in April via Zoom and then will be visiting her in Ecuador in May.  Will file the CR1 after my visit to Ecuador and keep our fingers for a fast process. Thanks again for sharing this story and I will update my own with our current news and situation.  Austin & Maury 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Hijack posts removed~~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

On 11/03/2021 at 11:16 PM, isis375 said:

Hi Congratulations 💕💕 could you please help me by letting me know what site you used to get married online the Utah link please.

On 17/03/2021 at 10:57 PM, Maury&I said:

I'm following in your footsteps. Hope we get the approval timeframe you did. :) Scheduled to be married in April via Zoom and then will be visiting her in Ecuador in May.  Will file the CR1 after my visit to Ecuador and keep our fingers for a fast process. Thanks again for sharing this story and I will update my own with our current news and situation.  Austin & Maury 

Wow well done hi please share how you schedule your zoom wedding what procedure did you use. What kind of officiant do you have and where will your mariage be documented to have occurred.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.