isis375

Approved Spouse Visa. Zoom Marriage!

111 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Foodislife27 said:

Hello,

I was just wondering how did you get married online? Is there a specific site that you went to get this done? 

Also, did you guys met before face to face before you guys got married online? 

Just want to see if me and my fiancee can try this as well. 

You can see all of the process for marrying online if you look at my comment here : 

Yes, I saw him before we got married. I visited his country for three weeks the year before, and then three weeks after the marriage. 

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 11, 2023

Package Delivered - January 13, 2023

NOA Received Dated - January 13, 2023

NOA Notice Date - January 18, 2023

I have a question about your online marriage in Utah?  Please see below How did you get around the in person application process?

Marriage Licenses

To get married in Utah, you need to apply for a marriage license and have the marriage solemnized. You can apply for a marriage license at any county clerk's office. Visit the Utah City and County page on the state's website for links to local government pages, and look for a link that says something like County Clerk. Check with the county clerk's office where you intend to get the marriage license for any specific requirements.

There is no waiting period before you can get married. As soon as you get your license, you can get married. However, the license is only valid for 30 days. If you do not have the marriage solemnized within that time, the license will expire.

You will need the following to apply for a marriage license:

• An in-person application with both applicants present at the time of application.
  • Full names, addresses and dates and places of birth of both applicants.
  • Social security numbers of both applicants, unless an applicant doesn't have a social security number.
  • Names and birth places of the parents of both applicants , including mother's maiden name.
  • Valid picture ID such as a passport, birth certificate, driver license, or state ID card.

2 minutes ago, isis375 said:

You can see all of the process for marrying online if you look at my comment here : 

Yes, I saw him before we got married. I visited his country for three weeks the year before, and then three weeks after the marriage. 

Thank you so much! 

Need to go back first to PH to see him then get married the. 🥰

2 minutes ago, angelo D said:

I have a question about your online marriage in Utah?  Please see below How did you get around the in person application process?

Marriage Licenses

To get married in Utah, you need to apply for a marriage license and have the marriage solemnized. You can apply for a marriage license at any county clerk's office. Visit the Utah City and County page on the state's website for links to local government pages, and look for a link that says something like County Clerk. Check with the county clerk's office where you intend to get the marriage license for any specific requirements.

There is no waiting period before you can get married. As soon as you get your license, you can get married. However, the license is only valid for 30 days. If you do not have the marriage solemnized within that time, the license will expire.

You will need the following to apply for a marriage license:

• An in-person application with both applicants present at the time of application.
  • Full names, addresses and dates and places of birth of both applicants.
  • Social security numbers of both applicants, unless an applicant doesn't have a social security number.
  • Names and birth places of the parents of both applicants , including mother's maiden name.
  • Valid picture ID such as a passport, birth certificate, driver license, or state ID card.

http://www.utahcounty.gov/Dept/ClerkAud/Marriage.html

All of the information on how you can marry online through Utah County's ceremony, you can go to this above link. It is legitimate and does not require you to be physically present if you marry through this specific county. 

Removal of Conditions:

If you would like further information on it, you can also see their FAQ and how they explain the legality of virtual ceremonies and online license application here: 

http://www.utahcounty.gov/Dept/ClerkAud/WebCeremonyFAQ.html

Removal of Conditions:

1 minute ago, angelo D said:

I went to the link and read the process for the marriage online application. I think its very unique, I am very curious did you both get marriage certificates ? Your husband had a very good interview but I am worried if another immigration officer would deny another person who tries this.  

Yes, we have marriage certificates, and in my comment post, I uploaded a picture of what it looks like: nothing different from any other marriage certificate.

I can't find anything that doesn't fit within what is allowed for visas, but you're right, anyone else could possibly be denied. I am the only person I've heard of so far to get to the interview process, and I've been approved. I would love to hear of others that have interviewed and their results. I wish anyone that marries this way or any other luck in their journey. 

Removal of Conditions:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I thought I dig into this a little and see what I could find out about virtual marriages.

Here are two links to the Utah County official website:

http://www.utahcounty.gov/dept/clerkaud/Marriage.html
http://www.utahcounty.gov/Dept/ClerkAud/MarrCeremony.html

hope this helps someone.  This might allow a US citizen to visit their spouse in a foreign country to consumate the marriage prior to filing the I-130.

You must meet in person prior to filing the I-130

Dave

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 3/13/2021 at 1:16 AM, isis375 said:

Thank you! 

I am in Louisiana, neither of us were present in Utah, nor together, nor with the officiant physically. The marriage certificate and the marriage itself is legally considered to have occured in Utah. 

When they asked where he was married, he answered that it was online due to COVID and explained to the officer . I had been worried about answering this way, but he says the officer was just curious about it, not judgmental and did not have any follow up questions to the answer. 

If you or anyone else has further questions, please ask! That's why I am sharing this, because I don't know of any of successes with online marriage yet!

Hii!

could you pls explain more how is it possible to do an online marriage? If me and my fiancée are both in another country together, can we do somehow online wedding in USA? (we are in China and cannot get married here due to local regulations and we cannot travel abroad now too). Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Annevilwill said:

Hii!

could you pls explain more how is it possible to do an online marriage? If me and my fiancée are both in another country together, can we do somehow online wedding in USA? (we are in China and cannot get married here due to local regulations and we cannot travel abroad now too). Thanks!

If you follow the links in the post above you, it will show you all you need to know about marrying. Yes, as far as I am aware, you can marry online while you are both together in China. 

Removal of Conditions:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, isis375 said:

If you follow the links in the post above you, it will show you all you need to know about marrying. Yes, as far as I am aware, you can marry online while you are both together in China. 

sorry, yeah, I saw later the link and reading it now. Thanks so much! we will research it. Sorry for asking again, but I want to make sure, for you to make all the paperwork in order to get license, you did not have to go personally to Utah office, you just mailed it all there right?

and congratulations to you! Very happy news!

1 minute ago, Annevilwill said:

sorry, yeah, I saw later the link and reading it now. Thanks so much! we will research it. Sorry for asking again, but I want to make sure, for you to make all the paperwork in order to get license, you did not have to go personally to Utah office, you just mailed it all there right?

and congratulations to you! Very happy news!

I did not go to Utah. 

When you start the process, it is an online application in which you use their scanning technology to scan your passport and/or US ID, and then you schedule a web-conference wedding ceremony. Everything is digital. 

Thank you!

Removal of Conditions:

On 3/11/2021 at 4:16 PM, isis375 said:

CR-1 Visa Approved!  Zoom Ceremony.

My husband and I married through Utah Online marriage ceremony in September 2020. I visited him in Costa Rica in October 2020 and filed for the CR-1. Our I-130 was approved January 29, 2021. We were DQ in the NVC on February 16, 2021 and received our interview date on February 24th.

My husband passed his interview this morning and now we await his passport and POE in the coming weeks.

Congrats! 

I am newly married (2.5 months) and we are just about to start the CR-1 process. One of my biggest concerns is deciding which evidence to provide as proof we are in a genuine marriage —I always wonder what couples use when they have never lived together, nor ever even lived in the same country.

Also, do you (or does anyone) know how the field office is chosen where petition is processed? i would love for mine to go to Nebraska, seems they have the quickest processing times overall. I am in Connecticut, and assume office is determined by state where petitioner is a resident. 

Any advice would be appreciated!

On 12/03/2021 at 7:16 PM, isis375 said:

Thank you! 

I am in Louisiana, neither of us were present in Utah, nor together, nor with the officiant physically. The marriage certificate and the marriage itself is legally considered to have occured in Utah. 

When they asked where he was married, he answered that it was online due to COVID and explained to the officer . I had been worried about answering this way, but he says the officer was just curious about it, not judgmental and did not have any follow up questions to the answer. 

If you or anyone else has further questions, please ask! That's why I am sharing this, because I don't know of any of successes with online marriage yet!

Hey wow so happy for you so do tell me are all marriages being allowed to happen online or did someone refer you to this Utah Officer. Do you have a directory of places we can call that allow online marriages please help that would be so grateful haven't seen my fiance in a year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.