1,047 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
On 6/15/2022 at 1:55 AM, roxydye said:

We just got approved with a fe note, how long does it take to get a interview date?

We've got the email today for August 26

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Checking in and making sure everyone is doing okay. My process ended as we are divorcing. Was all just too much!! Happy many of you got your visas though! 

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
17 hours ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

My process ended as we are divorcing.

Sorry to hear it, Dear.  You fought so hard.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 7/17/2022 at 5:12 PM, TBoneTX said:

Sorry to hear it, Dear.  You fought so hard.

Yes. This.

I was a quiet cheerleader of yours when you switched from K1 to CR1. Sorry that it didn’t work out for you. I hope you are taking good care of yourself and your family is close♥️ 

Lots of love and healing to you🌻

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Guys we just got approved! 

I know the wait had us like ufff but now at least we have progress! On to the next steps :)

Congrats to all others who also got approved! 

and also those still waiting hopefully soon they will get to your case! 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I’m getting anxious so might as well say a few words here

Had my medical appointment in London on the 12, ended up getting 2 vaccines there and another one at a travel clinic(just a pharmacy) .

my interview is in London Friday(3 more days) and I couldn’t sleep last night due to the anxiety. 
Couple of girlfriends are coming w me in London, we decided to make a girls trip out of it .

I’ve printed out so much paperwork, made sure I have the originals, legalised copies and translations to the point where my file it’s 6lbs and I think I have to rearrange it yet again.

definitely overthinking it but hopefully time will go by quickly.

hope everyone else is doing good .

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My interview was on the 26th and I was approved.

Now my husband got a little too excited and bought me tickets to fly to Romania to say goodbye(and get my luggages),stay there about 12ish hrs and tickets from Bucharest to Mobile.

Checked on ceac and as of yesterday it's refused, everyone is telling me it's not denied just in ap but I'm pretty sure I won't have my passport back on time.

Anyway I'm hoping everyone's journey goes smoothly from now on

• 3 weeks later...

Husband interviewed at Seoul consulate and got his visa approved. We’re sooooo happy to be finally done with this grueling process and look forward to being together without the long distance travel hassle. I wish the best of luck to everyone else still waiting as I know too well how agonizing this can be. Hang in there!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

Today finally got a message from NVC on my email saying ( The National Visa Center (NVC) received all of the fees, forms, and documents that are required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate General overseas.NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in MONTREAL, CAN to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner and attorney (if applicable).) with email subject as 'Notice regarding your Immigrant Visa Case becoming Documentarily Qualified'

On the ceac website i received 2 messages 

1. All required applicant documents have been received and approved - "DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED"
2. Document Case Review - "The Canadian Consulate requires that non-Canadian citizens submit proof of eligibility to have their visa interview in Canada. Currently, Canadian Legal Permanent Resident cards, landing papers, student visas and work visas are accepted for the Canadian eligibility requirement. Please submit this proof."

Homepage of ceac shows ALL documents  as ACCEPTED

So do i need to upload a document ? or wait for the interview date and provide the details during the interview ? .. Does document case review note is similar to incomplete missing documents? 

Has anyone gone through this? ..any help is appreciate .. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey!

i think most of you guys have probably already completed your visa process, but I wanted to share with you anyway that we finally got our Interview Letter today! 

the interview is on 01/05/23 :) 

wish me luck 🍀 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.