1,047 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys,

Congrats to all who got approvals! :) *fingers crossed for our approval*

PD 3/19/21

AR 8/2/21

Potomac

So checked processing times this morning and this was there...

1. Estimated time range: 10 Months to 13 Months

Form type: U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21

Receipt date for a case inquiry:  March 20, 2021

Tried filing a case inquiry but I was unable to as I received error message that my case is within normal processing times.

Called in today and the agent said that I have to wait 36 more days to file case inquiry.... The agent said it's confusing but also said that it's completely normal. Has anybody else experienced this? Can somebody shed some clarity on this?

On a positive note they did confirm that my case IS being reviewed (since start of March 2022) so hopefully we will hear back ASAP! :):):):):(:) 

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I 130 - Filed March 29, 2021 - USC filing for spouse - Nebraska service center - shows as "your case is being actively reviewed by USCIS since april 20, 2021. 

I 765, 131 & 485- NBC - filed July 9, 2021- all of these show as " case is being actively reviewed by USCIS since December 7, 2021. 

Finger prints- December 7, 2021

I 130- waiting for >13 months. Had a chat with USCIS ask emma about 3 weeks ago and was told that my application was transferred from Nebraska to california service center. However, processing times show that i am atleast > 5 months beyond average processing times for my case regardless of nebraska or california center. 

When i try to file for submit a query for case outside normal processing time, it keeps telling me that i cannot do that. So same issue described by a lot of folks here. USCIS has no answers, and say keep waiting. Immigration Lawyer has same suggestion. 

If I 130 is taking this long then i am not even daring to think about I 765, I 131 and I 485!!!!

Thank you. 

19 hours ago, Immiwait said:

I 765, 131 & 485- NBC - filed July 9, 2021

I-485/I-765/I-131 not needed for those pursuing spouse visa.  If you are not on CR1/IR1 process, but adjusting status in the US, the appropriate sub-forum for tracking similar timelines is at -- https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/138-adjustment-of-status-case-filing-and-progress-reports/

On 5/2/2022 at 8:52 AM, Immiwait said:

I 130 - Filed March 29, 2021 - USC filing for spouse - Nebraska service center - shows as "your case is being actively reviewed by USCIS since april 20, 2021. 

I 765, 131 & 485- NBC - filed July 9, 2021- all of these show as " case is being actively reviewed by USCIS since December 7, 2021. 

Finger prints- December 7, 2021

I 130- waiting for >13 months. Had a chat with USCIS ask emma about 3 weeks ago and was told that my application was transferred from Nebraska to california service center. However, processing times show that i am atleast > 5 months beyond average processing times for my case regardless of nebraska or california center. 

When i try to file for submit a query for case outside normal processing time, it keeps telling me that i cannot do that. So same issue described by a lot of folks here. USCIS has no answers, and say keep waiting. Immigration Lawyer has same suggestion. 

If I 130 is taking this long then i am not even daring to think about I 765, I 131 and I 485!!!!

Thank you. 

Interesting! We have basically the same timeline then. Let's keep in touch. We're applying from Hong Kong though. They just started interviews up again on April 4...

I was told by USCIS representative on chat that my I 130 was trasferred from NEBRASKA CENTER TO CALIFORNIA service center. And they are currently processing applications received in 1st week of March 2021. 

So hopefully i should hear something in 1 month or so. 

I am assuming that I 765, 131 AND 485 wont process until 130 is approved? Is this correct? 

Thanks 

On 5/4/2022 at 7:25 AM, Immiwait said:

I am assuming that I 765, 131 AND 485 wont process until 130 is approved? Is this correct?

Again, I-485/I-765/I-131 are not needed for those pursuing spouse visa.  Please refer to the sub-forum I linked above, if your case is AOS, not CR1/IR1.

• 3 weeks later...

Still no update. 

I 130 - Filed on March 29, 2021. 

Online status shows - case is being actively reviewed by USCIS since "April 20, 2021"  

Uscis chat representative says my case was a nebraska center which should have been processed in 5 months per their posted timeline for USC filing for spouse. 

They said my case was transferred to california center last year. But even for that center i am well beyong online processing timeline by >5 months. 

God knows when this will be approved. Total 14 months since I 130 filing and still counting. Anyone waiting this long? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Immiwait said:

Still no update. 

Online status shows - case is being actively reviewed by USCIS since "April 20, 2021"  

Uscis chat representative says my case was a nebraska center which should have been processed in 5 months per their posted timeline for USC filing for spouse. 

They said my case was transferred to california center last year. But even for that center i am well beyong online processing timeline by >5 months. 

God knows when this will be approved. Total 14 months since I 130 filing and still counting. Anyone waiting this long? 

That's a long time. The next official step would be to submit a request for service since it's outside normal processing times. You can submit it here: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt

If that doesn't help you might think about filing a lawsuit. Check out Jim Hacking on YouTube, he specializes in suing cases that are delayed too long. He also answers live questions several times a week. He gives great advice for free, and is easy to get a hold of. 

This video is a couple years old but it's still relevant.

Thank u for replying. 

I tried doing the case outside normal processing time thing online several times over last 6 months with last attempt being yesterday. 

Everytime is gives only 1 answer- your case is pricessing normally and a request may not be submitted at this time.

When i chat with their representative. They say the same thing that your case is processing normally. 

Immigration lawyer i asked says due to covid there are too many back logs so this is not unusual and some of his clients have same issues. 

Last update i know is that my case at california center and they were processing applications received on february 21, 2021. This update was one month ago. 

My case was filed on March 29, 2021. So hopefully they are abt to finish it in next few weeks. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Immiwait said:

Thank u for replying. 

I tried doing the case outside normal processing time thing online several times over last 6 months with last attempt being yesterday. 

Everytime is gives only 1 answer- your case is pricessing normally and a request may not be submitted at this time.

When i chat with their representative. They say the same thing that your case is processing normally. 

Immigration lawyer i asked says due to covid there are too many back logs so this is not unusual and some of his clients have same issues. 

Last update i know is that my case at california center and they were processing applications received on february 21, 2021. This update was one month ago. 

My case was filed on March 29, 2021. So hopefully they are abt to finish it in next few weeks. 

Yeah it should be, it's just so hard to know because they provide absolutely no information. If it takes any longer I would file a Mandamus lawsuit. That is the most effective way to make them decide on your case when it's stuck too long without any reason. You could call Jim Hacking or call into his live show on YouTube. He would answer questions for free. He is an expert at suing USCIS. You could ask him about suing, he said recently that he still sues i130 delays but not i129F.

Edited by Paul and Sopheap

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

So something unpredictable happened and I had to leave UK while my case is at nvc.

I’ve filed that form to change the mailing address and my phone number but I wonder how long it will take for it to updo,also how do I go about trying to  change the embassy where I should go for the interview?

i will still be able to go to London for it but it will be easier to have it in Bucharest .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 5/26/2022 at 11:17 PM, Immiwait said:

Still no update. 

Hey! Our I-130 took 14 months to get approved. 
We filed on March 27, 2021, actively reviewed on August 27, 2021 and then nothing.

The chat representative had told us twice the application got moved to Texas on the first day and had been there ever since.

We filed the out of processing times request a few weeks ago and last week got the response that they acknowledge our case was outside of normal processing times and apologized for the inconvenience. 
Then finally today we got the email saying there has been an action on the case and checking online it said we got APPROVED by the Texas service center on May 26!!! Finally! 

I am crossing my fingers for you, that your application will get approved soon too! 🤞

On 5/27/2022 at 11:05 AM, Paul and Sopheap said:

Yeah it should be, it's just so hard to know because they provide absolutely no information. If it takes any longer I would file a Mandamus lawsuit. That is the most effective way to make them decide on your case when it's stuck too long without any reason. You could call Jim Hacking or call into his live show on YouTube. He would answer questions for free. He is an expert at suing USCIS. You could ask him about suing, he said recently that he still sues i130 delays but not i129F.

Thats great. Congratulations! 

When i try to submit outside normal processing times it gives me a message "your case is still within normal processing time and a request may not submited at this time". 

I dont know why is this. Even after 14 months. How is it within normal processing times????

When i chat with representative they all say one thing and it is still within normal time. 

I dont know what is their definition of "normal"?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.