MJ4477

Revoked IR/CR I130

25 posts in this topic

Timeline

Im so depressed right now. I got the unfortunate email my husband visa has been revoked Im just waiting for the letter to come in the mail on why it was revoked. The embassy sent the case back to the US and I thought I addressed all the rebuttals with evidence in the NOIR  response but I guess that was not good enough for them. I just feel like a failure or maybe just bad luck. We've been waiting for over 3 years for his visa. And with Covid I could not travel last year to see him. My last resort is consulting a lawyer and see what our options are. Anyone else can offer some advice or words of encouragement. The visa situation has been the most stressing situation I have ever dealt with in my life. I never thought it would be so difficult. :( 

Timeline
Just now, aaron2020 said:

Hi,

Sorry.

You will have to hire a lawyer to sort this out.

What did the US Embassy asked for in the NOIR?  What did you send them in response?

They said age difference, which is 5 years apart ( I explained the age difference was a nonfactor in our marriage) Honestly I don't see how this is even a big deal. We don't have a large age gap.

Religion difference/Does his family accept me ( explained that the religion difference was not an issue of the marriage and his family accepted me, I included letter from his father and close friends accepting our marriage

I'm divorced ( sent them my divorce decree) 

Not enough time spent together face to face ( I did take additional trips with receipts of flight tickets after his 1st interview but explained I could not stay for long periods because I have a child from a previous marriage and I don't want to leave my child for long periods of time)

My husband English not so good ( I explained we can communicate well but that his vocabulary is not that expanded)

I included a rental agreement of an apartment we lived in while I was there

I included lots of chat logs, phone calls, and screenshots of our video calls 

I spent hours putting this together  and checking over everything several times and thought ok we should be fine but nope :( 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Time spent together in person is always the best evidence of a bona fide relationship.

"I don't want" with regard to leaving your child from a previous marriage for long period of time is not an "excuse" that is "positive".

Please clarify or confirm some details.  Sounds like...

1.  You are 5 years older, previously married and divorced.  How old?

2.  It's his first marriage and he has no children

3.  You've made multiple short trips.  (Over how long a period?  How long each trip?  When was the last trip and how long?)

Even with answers to the above, it is likely any competent professional would advise a several month stay in Egypt as husband and wife before starting over with a new petition.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
54 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Time spent together in person is always the best evidence of a bona fide relationship.

"I don't want" with regard to leaving your child from a previous marriage for long period of time is not an "excuse" that is "positive".

Please clarify or confirm some details.  Sounds like...

1.  You are 5 years older, previously married and divorced.  How old?

2.  It's his first marriage and he has no children

3.  You've made multiple short trips.  (Over how long a period?  How long each trip?  When was the last trip and how long?)

Even with answers to the above, it is likely any competent professional would advise a several month stay in Egypt as husband and wife before starting over with a new petition.

Im 36, hes 31.

Yes trips each year except last year due to Covid. But I made trips at least once or twice a year since marriage. I stayed for a couple of months one trip. I will wait for the letter they will send about their decision then go see a lawyer.

Also he has no prior marriage or children.

Edited by MJ4477

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
6 minutes ago, MJ4477 said:

Im 36, hes 31.

Yes trips each year except last year due to Covid. I stayed for a couple of months one trip. But I made trips at least once or twice a year since marriage. I will wait for the letter they will send about their decision then  go see a lawyer. 

How many trips before marriage?  How many trips after marriage?  How long for each trip?  

Also, how did you guys meet?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 minutes ago, MJ4477 said:

Im 36, hes 31.

Yes trips each year except last year due to Covid. I stayed for a couple of months one trip. But I made trips at least once or twice a year since marriage. I will wait for the letter they will send about their decision then  go see a lawyer. 

Probably a good idea, but you need somebody experienced in solving your specific issue.  Marc Ellis marcellislaw.com is retired by he could recommend somebody.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

1 hour ago, hannysgrammy@gmai said:

How did you get interview with embassy closed.  My daughter going through with this in Cairo. 

The interview was around 2 years ago. The visa was refused and the petition was eventually returned to the US to be revoked. That takes a few years. The interview took place long before COVID existed. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Had you sponsored someone before?

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am so sorry u are going thru this 

I also had to deal with issues as yours but our age difference was much larger

5 years is not that much /usually 10 or more

so i have sent a personal message to tell you how i managed and got our visa from Moroc which took us a total of 6 years and yes, gf if u decide it is worth fighting for ,  its gonna take a long struggle which in the end is worth it/ my adil is now a citizen and we are going on 11 years of marriae

you can win but there are some things that will help 

I didn't have to deal with the language issue as Adil spoke excellent English so u do need to get him a teacher to help there / i have an online man who is teaching me Arabic and i am sure he could do the reverse for your husband. 

And please know that if you love him ,  you can follow some advice from us that have gone thru this (and a good lawyer ) and get this done

allah yessir means allah set this right 

please read the personal message as it talks more about the age difference ,  etc

1 hour ago, JFH said:

The interview was around 2 years ago. The visa was refused and the petition was eventually returned to the US to be revoked. That takes a few years. The interview took place long before COVID existed. 

Oh im so sorry. They are just now at Embassy stage. She is 10 yrs olded they been married 2 yrs. Together 4 yrs. Shehas been there 11 times. Latest July to Dec. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.