32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey everyone, I have now tried several avenues. Their customer service, the ombudsman and my congressman to no avail. I've now talked with an attorney and suing the Government is quite expensive. I'll be talking with a second later today as well. It's become quite evident to me after 3 months of waiting for the NOA1, they are simply not working. There is no real effort and the incompetence is mind boggling. I'm considering organizing a legal effort to sue USCIS over this. I'd like to gauge support and see how many here would be interested in this to know if it's feasible. The more people represented in one lawsuit the better, not to mention it's much easier on the wallet for all of us. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

There have been couple of them, they aren’t going anywhere. Be patient.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, brvids2020 said:

Hey everyone, I have now tried several avenues. Their customer service, the ombudsman and my congressman to no avail. I've now talked with an attorney and suing the Government is quite expensive. I'll be talking with a second later today as well. It's become quite evident to me after 3 months of waiting for the NOA1, they are simply not working. There is no real effort and the incompetence is mind boggling. I'm considering organizing a legal effort to sue USCIS over this. I'd like to gauge support and see how many here would be interested in this to know if it's feasible. The more people represented in one lawsuit the better, not to mention it's much easier on the wallet for all of us. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Honestly, I think you are wasting your time and money. The process has slowed for everyone due to the continuing demand for services and the pandemic.  

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

you are going to waste energy and time and $$$ for things that are beyond your control. USCIS is like the mafia.... they do it leisurly at their own pace unless the President gets involved. you know some one in white house ?? 

duh

Timeline

I understand how you feel. When I filed for mine the NOA2 wait time was 5-6 months. Then it turned into 6.5-7.5. now it's 7.5-9.5 

So things keep changing, but keep your head up. My embassy still hasn't processed barely any visas since March and they don't post any information about when they ever will resume, they can't even get US diplomats into the embassy to start working again. 

It'll be okay! You'll get it soon

Edited by Chauncey

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Chauncey said:

I understand how you feel. When I filed for mine the NOA2 wait time was 5-6 months. Then it turned into 6.5-7.5. now it's 7.5-9.5 

So things keep changing, but keep your head up. My embassy still hasn't processed barely any visas since March and they don't post any information about when they ever will resume, they can't even get US diplomats into the embassy to start working again. 

It'll be okay! You'll get it soon

I should be more clear, I'm talking exclusively about the NOA1. In 3 months, I have received nothing and only the run around from the lockbox facility. There are many of us on this forum waiting for the NOA1. So essentially now if they choose to reject an application for one reason or another, we have lost 3 months because of their failure to process applications and cash the check in a timely manner. They clearly have stopped processing them altogether.

Timeline
1 hour ago, In4theJourney said:

3 months ?? lol... I waited around 5 months pre-pandemic days. Way ahead of your self. 

You realize I'm talking about the NOA1 only. Not the entire process. They've clearly stopped processing altogether, using covid as their typical excuse. 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, brvids2020 said:

I should be more clear, I'm talking exclusively about the NOA1. In 3 months, I have received nothing and only the run around from the lockbox facility. There are many of us on this forum waiting for the NOA1. So essentially now if they choose to reject an application for one reason or another, we have lost 3 months because of their failure to process applications and cash the check in a timely manner. They clearly have stopped processing them altogether.

I know what you're talking about. I'm just saying, a lot of things have changed, so if NOA2 is taking that much longer to process then why wouldn't NOA1?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
52 minutes ago, brvids2020 said:

They've clearly stopped processing altogether

Are you sure about that?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

28 minutes ago, Chauncey said:

I know what you're talking about. I'm just saying, a lot of things have changed, so if NOA2 is taking that much longer to process then why wouldn't NOA1?

Timely matter ??,  there is no regulations for them to do so, or  issue an NOA1 or cash a check in a timely matter.   

Learn patience, your long from this being over with.  Try dealing with this for nearly 3 years, then complain.

You realize I'm talking about the NOA1 only. Not the entire process. They've clearly stopped processing altogether, using covid as their typical excuse. 

Typical excuse?  do you realize they are humans, have family,    have to practice same things we do in this Covid world,   distancing , especially at work.   Co workers get sick, family gets sick, they get sick themselves.

Just cause its USCIS, doesn't mean Covid don't effect their world and work methods.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I agree with you.The delay is heart provoking, .I sent my I-130 petition and was received on the 5th of this month...I'm giving them one month max,Which is 30 days as required,If I don't get my NOA1, I will quickly canceled the check and file online...

No time to waste for nothing 💯

Thank you very much 

Edited by oscar12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

OP and @oscar12  Lemme give you guys something to think about:

N0A1 is taking 2 months for those filing AOS withing US. 3 months isn't uncommon during COVID times. So, ideally, you should relax. You're wasting your energy and time. My friends filed and got their receipts 2 months later. They're AOSing. They've not even got biometrics yet they filed in September 2020. I know they're doing a different process from yours. I am just giving you a rough idea of the current trend set by the COVID. 

Everything has slowed down. Not just K-1s. Citizenship is now taking 1.5+ years. I filed in July. I've not even got biometrics yet. @JFH filed in 2019. She hasn't even got biometrics for citizenship yet.

So, I'll say take it easy. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Timona said:

OP and @oscar12  Lemme give you guys something to think about:

N0A1 is taking 2 months for those filing AOS withing US. 3 months isn't uncommon during COVID times. So, ideally, you should relax. You're wasting your energy and time. My friends filed and got their receipts 2 months later. They're AOSing. They've not even got biometrics yet they filed in September 2020. I know they're doing a different process from yours. I am just giving you a rough idea of the current trend set by the COVID. 

Everything has slowed down. Not just K-1s. Citizenship is now taking 1.5+ years. I filed in July. I've not even got biometrics yet. @JFH filed in 2019. She hasn't even got biometrics for citizenship yet.

So, I'll say take it easy. 

I appreciate your advice...I didn't know before sending my application that the process take this long  just to issue NOA1 but my mistake, I should have gone with the online filling the first place...But is okay, I will be patient for another week or two while working on the online application to be be ready incase if I ever have to use it...All i have to do is canceled my money order and click submit on USCIS website and is done.

And then,Wheneve the lockbox realize they can't cash the money order ,they can send back the whole document back

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.