Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Looking for advice - it has been said in the past that uploading your documents to CEAC prior to the interview date can sometimes help expedite/ease the interview itself once you're at the consulate. Does anybody recommend uploading the documents they specifically require (e.g. tax transcripts) or ALL extra financial documents to be thorough? in our case my wife (petitioner) and I are using a joint sponsor, and in case our interview will be after the 2020 tax deadline it will also include an I-864A since our joint sponsor got married in 2020. Do we upload just the tax transcripts or should we also upload 1040, W2's, pay stubs, etc. whatever we can to establish financial support?

Timeline
1 hour ago, NimF said:

Looking for advice - it has been said in the past that uploading your documents to CEAC prior to the interview date can sometimes help expedite/ease the interview itself once you're at the consulate. Does anybody recommend uploading the documents they specifically require (e.g. tax transcripts) or ALL extra financial documents to be thorough? in our case my wife (petitioner) and I are using a joint sponsor, and in case our interview will be after the 2020 tax deadline it will also include an I-864A since our joint sponsor got married in 2020. Do we upload just the tax transcripts or should we also upload 1040, W2's, pay stubs, etc. whatever we can to establish financial support?

I'll advise you upload all documents that have changed and also take copies along with you. Sometimes, they do not see the uploaded documents so they will ask for copies from you at the interview. Good luck!

21 minutes ago, Mzamour said:

Update:

I received my passport today at about noon.

Timeline:

Wednesday, Feb 17 - Interview

Wednesday,  Feb 17 - Issued (Necessary admin processing)

Thursday, Feb 18 - Issued (Final Processing)

Friday, Feb 19 - Tracking Number received

Monday, Feb 22 - Passport with original Canada PCC delivered home 

Note: I am a Canada PR with a different nationality and I have only lived in Canada for about 2.5years. Based on my experience,  I don't think it's standard practice that all PR holders are placed in administrative processing. Prior to this journey, I got a B1/B2 visa when I first moved here and I received the visa in regular time - No administrative processing.

I just thought to mention the above as I have read some comments here that it's practice that PR holders are subject to further checks. I hope this helps someone.

Thanks again everyone and Goodluck to us all in remaining part of our journeys.

That's amazing, I am in the same boat, Canadian PR and travelled to US a dozen time on B1/B2. Thank you for sharing the review, really appreciate it!

Timeline
4 hours ago, Cammabear said:

Hopefully I'm worrying for nothing. I don't have my husbands original certificate of live birth, or a certified/notarized copy. Just a photocopy. I have my original documents but not his. My lawyer suggested attempting to bring a notarized copy and we can resubmit if this is not accepted, the NVC website says to bring original or certified copies of the documents. My interview is Wednesday and I leave for Montreal tomorrow. Have any of you had the same issue with submitting regular photocopies of this? Thanks in advance. 

They typically are interested in the original birth certificate of the beneficiary (i.e. the spouse who is seeking the visa), the original police certificate, and original marriage certificate. The petitioner's birth certificate can be a photocopy.

Edited by sjb17
typo

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Anand Chatterjee said:

Good Afternoon,

I have been following this forum for over a year now and it has been extremely helpful. Thank you to the creators and individuals that took time to respond to questions.

DQ date: May 28th

Interview date in Montreal: February 12th (Approved!)

Immigrant Visa in Final processing: February 16th

Tracking number for Immigrant Visa: February 19th

Immigrant Visa received via Purolator in Toronto: Today!!!!!!!

My question to the group is about this $220 USCIS Immigrant Fee. I do not see an 'A number' or 'DOS case number' in the immigrant Visa as was indicated in the Welcome to the United States of America letter. It's driving me insane lol. Any help appreciated. Thank you and good luck to everyone here.

CONGRATS! The A number is the registration number listed below the IV case number on your visa. If your A number is less than 9-digits, you'll want to add a "0" after the "A" and before all the other numbers. Read more here: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-fees/uscis-immigrant-fee/immigrant-fee-payment-tips-on-finding-your-a-number-and-dos-case-id#:~:text=You can find your A,(for example%2C XYZ0123456789)

Edited by sjb17

Timeline

There seems to be a little disparity with financial documents given or asked. 

I do not have tax transcripts for my wife nor my co-sponsor. The people handing the transcripts, were they uploaded to nvc prior to getting approved?

we have 1040s and w2s which had been approved at NVC

Interview is Friday Andover course I’m running though every scenario possible. 

getting transcripts is not possible for my wife (Canadian address prior, and IRS still hadn’t processed 2020). Seems little late to try and get my co-sponsors (MIl). 

thanks. 

Timeline

For the people who have had their interview in Montreal what did you find was the easiest for getting from the airport to downtown?  Uber, taxi, Metro?  With my interview Monday I am just planning ahead.  

Timeline
27 minutes ago, bort_s said:

For the people who have had their interview in Montreal what did you find was the easiest for getting from the airport to downtown?  Uber, taxi, Metro?  With my interview Monday I am just planning ahead.  

I used Uber and it was the same as Uber anywhere else (easy to book, efficient). The trips cost me $39 airport to hotel and $34 hotel to airport, with my hotel being 2 blocks from the consulate. I called the first Uber when I was by the airport exit doors and had to wait maybe 2 minutes, and from hotel I called as I was getting my shoes on in the room and it was there a minute after I got down to the lobby.

Hello everyone!!

got my SSN in the mail today, 9 days after my appointment at the social security office (there was a holiday within those nine days also). Happy that I can get a bank account, credit card, insurance, etc! 

58 minutes ago, bort_s said:

Definitely Uber! I like being able to see the name and details about the driver that you wouldn’t get if you were in a normal taxi. I also didn’t personally want to risk contact with a bunch of extra people by taking public transportation due to COVID 

Timeline
2 hours ago, bort_s said:

I took the 747 bus from airport to Lionel-Groulx station which is the last stop for the  bus. Then, I took the Metro (subway) at the station into downtown. The entire journey was about 35 - 40mins and cost $10. I used same ticket on my return journey next day (Ticket is valid for 24 hours and can be used on both bus and Metro). 

If you plan on taking the bus/metro back to the airport, ensure you leave ample extra time because the bus runs about once or twice within an hour.

Goodluck with your interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.