Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. My wife's interview is on March 1st, but her family moved recently, and they may have lost the original RCMP criminal record check we got last year. I have ordered a new one (Commissionaires still had her digital fingerprints on file, so they just submitted a new request for us), but I'm worried now that we won't get it in time for the interview itself. In fact, it might arrive here in Edmonton after we've already traveled to Montreal for the interview.

Now, I have an alright-quality scan of the first check, and our family could send us a better quality scan of the new one if it arrives after we leave but before our interview. Has anyone had experience with this? We're already doing a very late medical due to other scheduling concerns, so there's no doubt that we'll see some delays just for that. Is there a way to send the original document to the Consulate by mail afterwards? Or would they accept a print out of the scanned copy (that they already might have from our DQ stage)?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Tristan&Whit said:

Does anyone know if the photocopies of any documents for the interview need to be in colour or black and white? 

I don't think it matters. I had copies in black and white and they were accepted. If there are original docs you have and they need copies, they will make them. So no need to stress over this. Good luck with the interview!

Timeline
5 hours ago, OhSoFaizy said:

Can someone advise where i can retrieve the I-864EZ that i submitted? I believe i will need this for the interview?

Furthermore, is the DS-260 the receipt i got in an email with the barcode at the bottom? 

Thanks!

I think you can find a copy of the I-864EZ in the petitioners financial documents you submitted. You may or may not be asked for it. I wasn't asked but I've read about others who were asked. Also, if you financial situation has changed, you might want to update it and present that if asked.

Yes, the DS-260 is the email attachment with the barcode.

Timeline
18 hours ago, Hoffmaya said:

I'll be crossing the border at Peach Arch this coming Friday 2/26. I'll activate my visa and import my vehicle at same time. My household will be shipped with Trans Canada Movers a few days before me. If it helps, I'll post a review once I'm on the other side for those who plan to do land border crossing in the near future. I'll share pertinent info/details. I'll also post an update once I receive my SSN and GC. 

Can you please advise if your car had the tire pressure thingy and If not, what you did and how it turned out? Thanks! 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Cath&Claire said:

Can you please advise if your car had the tire pressure thingy and If not, what you did and how it turned out? Thanks! 

Our car is a 2020 model which is automatically equipped with tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS). Also, the speedometer can switch from km/h to mph. These are compliant with US requirements. 

Timeline
Just now, Hoffmaya said:

Our car is a 2020 model which is automatically equipped with tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS). Also, the speedometer can switch from km/h to mph. These are compliant with US requirements. 

Ah ok! I have the kms/miles but not the TPMS. I plan on crossing in April via a BC border - Interview is tomorrow.  So sorting out what to do with my car.  At least I can use it for 1 year.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cath&Claire said:

Ah ok! I have the kms/miles but not the TPMS. I plan on crossing in April via a BC border - Interview is tomorrow.  So sorting out what to do with my car.  At least I can use it for 1 year.  

Good luck for tomorrow's interview. If you intend to import your car, TPMS appears to be a must have and it has been discussed in other threads. It looks like it depends on your car model, manufacturer, etc. If you wish to install after market's TPMS, it doesn't seem to be as straight forward and easy but there are ways around it based on what I've read. I suggest you search for it on VJ forums. You could use your car for 1 year indeed but you'd need to register it after that if you intend to keep it, and it is where TPMS becomes a requirement.   

Timeline
Just now, Hoffmaya said:

Good luck for tomorrow's interview. If you intend to import your car, TPMS appears to be a must have and it has been discussed in other threads. It looks like it depends on your car model, manufacturer, etc. If you wish to install after market's TPMS, it doesn't seem to be as straight forward and easy but there are ways around it based on what I've read. I suggest you search for it on VJ forums. You could use your car for 1 year indeed but you'd need to register it after that if you intend to keep it, and it is where TPMS becomes a requirement.   

Thank you! Can’t wait for it to be complete.  :-)) I agree with you about the TPMS issue not being straight forward. I did a lot of reading on here a few days ago about people who got after market and had no issues getting through, yet others, rightfully so,  saying after market isn’t allowed.   I’m really not sure what to do at this point. It’s not a huge expense to get the aftermarket.  Maybe I’ll give that a whirl and see...worse case scenario Its not accepted and I have a year to sort it out.  

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Cath&Claire said:

Thank you! Can’t wait for it to be complete.  :-)) I agree with you about the TPMS issue not being straight forward. I did a lot of reading on here a few days ago about people who got after market and had no issues getting through, yet others, rightfully so,  saying after market isn’t allowed.   I’m really not sure what to do at this point. It’s not a huge expense to get the aftermarket.  Maybe I’ll give that a whirl and see...worse case scenario Its not accepted and I have a year to sort it out.  

If I may, I suggest you call directly CBP at your POE. I called them several times before deciding to import the car and they've always been friendly and responsive. Explain your situation and ask them what would be required (incl. TPMS) to import your vehicle to the States. Since you'll be crossing through their POE, they should be able to confirm. The discrepancy and inconsistency often come from the POE that is involved with the import which results in different scenarios as you've read online. 

Timeline
Just now, Hoffmaya said:

If I may, I suggest you call directly CBP at your POE. I called them several times before deciding to import the car and they've always been friendly and responsive. Explain your situation and ask them what would be required (incl. TPMS) to import your vehicle to the States. Since you'll be crossing through their POE, they should be able to confirm. The discrepancy and inconsistency often come from the POE that is involved with the import which results in different scenarios as you've read online. 

That’s a really great suggestion; I will definitely do that.  I just googled Peace  Arch contact and a 1-800 number came up! Will give that a whirl when I’m back in BC.  Any other info you think is useful for me about the car, please send me a message! Always open to ideas and suggestions. Good luck next week and I will be awaiting your post.   

Timeline
On 2/20/2021 at 7:57 PM, VanniFucci said:

Hey everyone. My wife's interview is on March 1st, but her family moved recently, and they may have lost the original RCMP criminal record check we got last year. I have ordered a new one (Commissionaires still had her digital fingerprints on file, so they just submitted a new request for us), but I'm worried now that we won't get it in time for the interview itself. In fact, it might arrive here in Edmonton after we've already traveled to Montreal for the interview.

Now, I have an alright-quality scan of the first check, and our family could send us a better quality scan of the new one if it arrives after we leave but before our interview. Has anyone had experience with this? We're already doing a very late medical due to other scheduling concerns, so there's no doubt that we'll see some delays just for that. Is there a way to send the original document to the Consulate by mail afterwards? Or would they accept a print out of the scanned copy (that they already might have from our DQ stage)?

Hi we didn't have police certificate at the interview (ours expired). You might get 221G at the interview as they do want original at the interview. It will have directions on how to mail the document to consulate. It will definitely delayed getting passport back with visa. We were told 4 week delay. Our interview was Jan 27 and PCC reached embassy on February 4th. We just got our status updated to Issued on Feb 19. Hope this helps.

Timeline

Hopefully I'm worrying for nothing. I don't have my husbands original certificate of live birth, or a certified/notarized copy. Just a photocopy. I have my original documents but not his. My lawyer suggested attempting to bring a notarized copy and we can resubmit if this is not accepted, the NVC website says to bring original or certified copies of the documents. My interview is Wednesday and I leave for Montreal tomorrow. Have any of you had the same issue with submitting regular photocopies of this? Thanks in advance. 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, JandTK said:

I was out the door by 8:30 am

Thank you to everyone that has provided information on this site, it has helped guide the process tremendously!!

Wow that is a fast turn around time.  I hope my appointment next Monday is this fast and smooth.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.