PartyParrot

I-751 February 2021 Filers

903 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
17 minutes ago, PartyParrot said:

I think Huckleberry had a negative experience with lawyers (like I did).

I use lawyer for my AOS, and the lawyer totally f up my application. Whole packet got returned with receipt saying that the forms were outdated and incorrect. Lawyer fees costed a lot! Ended up having to file again by ourselves.

Agree with not needing lawyer for file ROC.

Poster asking for lawyer and "pissed about this"  is @Rob&Pan :D I just responded to them suggesting not using a lawyer and  saying we haven't used a lawyer in any of the applications, because we just didn't feel we needed. We don't have any experience with lawyers at all.  I strongly suggest all people with straightforward cases not using any lawyer in any application, but it is eventually a personal choice. 

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

No NOA yet - but I just noticed the charge is now finally pending on my creditcard, March 16. Our packet was delivered February 9. Hopefully NOA this week!

Hi beautiful people!

February 8th 2021-Our 90 day window opened (Greencard expires on May 8th, 2021).

February 22nd, 2021-Package was sent via USCIS to the Arizona lockbox.

February 25th, 2021-Package was delivered.

As of today (March 16th, 2021) still no NOA or check cashed but I've been reading it's taking around 30-40 days for that right now so fingers crossed we hear something before April. I will update you all when I hear something.

Good luck everyone! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Huckleberry&Koala said:

Poster asking for lawyer and "pissed about this"  is @Rob&Pan :D I just responded to them suggesting not using a lawyer and  saying we haven't used a lawyer in any of the applications, because we just didn't feel we needed. We don't have any experience with lawyers at all.  I strongly suggest all people with straightforward cases not using any lawyer in any application, but it is eventually a personal choice. 

Hellos, just wanting to know if anyone else have hired a lawyer and how much they were asking. My husband got pissed because he never thought RoC's gonna be like how we started with K1😆. Husband just don't want the hassle and stress so he hired a lawyer. It's costly, I know, I want to save 💲💲💲 but we'll see how this will go.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Estonia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Rob&Pan said:

Hellos, just wanting to know if anyone else have hired a lawyer and how much they were asking. My husband got pissed because he never thought RoC's gonna be like how we started with K1😆. Husband just don't want the hassle and stress so he hired a lawyer. It's costly, I know, I want to save 💲💲💲 but we'll see how this will go.

Based on my experience K1 was much more complicated than ROC. ROC is pretty simple and straight forward for most people (unless you have a tricky situation for some reason, like divorce, etc). All you really need to do is print out the documents that they need from you and send it over. I don't know how a lawyer can make this easier for you, since you still have to print out and provide the documents to your lawyer. So it's the same amount of work with or without a lawyer. Just my opinion. Disclaimer: I have not used a lawyer in any part of my immigration process.

Edited by l-h

On 3/15/2021 at 5:33 PM, Huckleberry&Koala said:

Whoops~ sorry @Huckleberry&Koala my bad, was on phone so lost track of who said what 😂

@Rob&Pan lawyer fees for my AOS alone was 2000 USD, such a waste of money, didn't reimburse us for their MASSIVE mistakes on our forms. Please save money and don't use a lawyer. Yes it is a hassle but the time to assemble  an ROC package is less than 2 hours (for me). Think of it as making 2000 USD in 2 hours! 😏

Edited by PartyParrot

📊 I-751 February Filers Google Sheet 📅
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVymNvhlk1PMq-cTmX7MAvC6bHOwZEL58N-XNe2yq0g/edit?usp=sharing

🇺🇸 N-400 Info for Taiwan 🇹🇼
A USA citizenship applicant who was born in Taiwan may indicate Taiwan as the country of birth on their Form N-400 if he or she shows supporting evidence. Such applicants’ Certificates of Citizenship are issued showing Taiwan as country of birth. USCIS does not issue certificates showing “Taiwan, PRC,” “Taiwan, China,” “Taiwan, Republic of China,” or “Taiwan, ROC.” People’s Republic of China (PRC) is the country name used for applicants born in the PRC. (see USCIS reference: part K chapter 2 footnote 4)

More good news for February filers, things are definitely moving.

Window opened: 24 November 2020

Package delivered: 12 December 2020

Rejection: 19 January 2021 (USCIS rejected our first application due to "filing prior to the 90-day period", unsure why this happened as we filed within this period but no choice but to refile.)

Package resent (took 10 days to receive rejection/package in mail): 1 February 2021

Package delivered: 4 February 2021

Check cashed: 11 March 2021

I hope everyone who is waiting gets good news soon. 

2 hours ago, Beverlyr said:

Hi all!

My credit card was charged last night! 3/16/2021

Hey! Not sure if you'll want to do this but I called USCIS customer service, asked for technical support twice to the automated voice, and spoke with a Tier 1 officer who gave me my receipt number. I was really anxious because of my prior rejection so I just had to check!! 

2 hours ago, EmmaB said:

Hello, I am Feb 10 and as today I have no news!

Hopefully soon!

🕙Removal of conditions Timeline🕑

FEB/09/21   - Pkg sent from my location: Florida.

FEB/10/21   - Pkg Rcvd at Phoenix, AZ PO.BOX.

MAR/16/21 - Credit card charged $680.

MAR/20/21 - SMS with case number received.  Service center: MSC

MAR/22/21 - I-797 (18 months) Received on the mail

JUL/06/21 - Biometrics appointment rcvd on the mail.

JUL/20/21 - Fingerprints taken

NOV/10/21 - Case Is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

DEC/06/21 - Interview scheduled for Jan/18/22

JAN/18/22 - Interview / Permanent green card approved

JAN/19/22 - New card being produced

JAN/24/21 - 10 year green card received on the mail

🕙Citizenship Timeline🕑

MAR/01/22 -Applied for naturalization online

MAR/02/22- NOA received

MAR/05/22- Biometrics scheduled

APR/01/22- Biometrics taken/Case is being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

MAY/30/22- Received interview appointment 

JUL/13/22-Interview- Approved

JUL/15/22- Naturalization ceremony.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I would like to know if I am still authorized to work at my existing job even though my green card has expired and I have not received the receipt notice yet. Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 hours ago, EmmaB said:

Hello, I am Feb 10 and as today I have no news!

Same here!

Package delivered at Feb 10, 2021 with signature and no news until today

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.