I have had my GC since november 2018, husband is USC. We are in a spot right now (partially due to COVID situation) where we are thinking of what would be the better course of action for the next couple of years. Just hoping that your guys thoughts and experience can help us to think about something we didn't realize ourselves.
Quick background info. Long term plan is to settle down in US but for starting our family we have always wanted to move to Estonia (where I'm from) and live there for about 3-5 years. Its just way better social system and of course, support from my family. But we are kinda stuck deciding what would be a better course of action.
Option A) Move back asap, start a family there, stay probably for around 5 years and then move back to US. The biggest negative is going through the whole GC process again and with (hopefully) 1-3 kids in tow, the affidavit of support could be a bit more struggle (especially if laws and regulations are made even stricter).
Option B) Stay in USA until I receive my citizenship, move directly after that. Positive is that it will be way way easier to move back to US (as our long term plan is to stay in US anyway). I think, as much as I looked, I can start my naturalization after three years, so november 2021 but its still going to take at least a year, so it would push back our wish to start family quite a bit. And if it should be that COVID is going to be rampaging the world for another 1-2 years, it would in some ways make more sense to be in Estonia.
It might be that I'm just not seeing it clearly due to baby fever ( ) so I would be very glad if you could share your thoughts, what seems in long term the best idea to go with or what would you do.