PartyParrot

I-751 February 2021 Filers

903 posts in this topic

I know it’s a bit early but here we go...

It’s always better to start early! 

Please share what you have included as evidence for your packet, I’m almost done with prepping mine and will update ASAP. 

📊 I-751 February Filers Google Sheet 📅
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVymNvhlk1PMq-cTmX7MAvC6bHOwZEL58N-XNe2yq0g/edit?usp=sharing

🇺🇸 N-400 Info for Taiwan 🇹🇼
A USA citizenship applicant who was born in Taiwan may indicate Taiwan as the country of birth on their Form N-400 if he or she shows supporting evidence. Such applicants’ Certificates of Citizenship are issued showing Taiwan as country of birth. USCIS does not issue certificates showing “Taiwan, PRC,” “Taiwan, China,” “Taiwan, Republic of China,” or “Taiwan, ROC.” People’s Republic of China (PRC) is the country name used for applicants born in the PRC. (see USCIS reference: part K chapter 2 footnote 4)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
On 12/29/2020 at 7:22 PM, EducatedByAnimals said:

I know it’s a bit early but here we go...

It’s always better to start early! 

Please share what you have included as evidence for your packet, I’m almost done with prepping mine and will update ASAP. 

This is indeed super early if you are filing in Feb 2021. It's nice to see you are very anxious to get the ball rolling and completing this stage of your immigration journey. Please also find time to enjoy the "waiting game" USCIS have to offer lol.....

On 12/31/2020 at 10:15 AM, sweetadams said:

This is indeed super early if you are filing in Feb 2021. It's nice to see you are very anxious to get the ball rolling and completing this stage of your immigration journey. Please also find time to enjoy the "waiting game" USCIS have to offer lol.....

Lol I’m super busy with work and I can never find a lot of my documents. That’s why I need to prep early and visit the HR or insurance office if I have to get documents from them. I also think we should give friends and family at least two months to write rec letters (is polite this way), that’s why I think it’s about time to start a discussion in late December. 

My AOS went smooth because of early preparation, lawyer messed it up real bad initially, but it still went well because I had my own backup packet (in case lawyer messed it up, which he did). I want my ROC to go smooth as well, so this time I’m not using a lawyer. Given my luck and previous experience, I think it will be wise for me to also organize a backup packet for ROC too.😂

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVymNvhlk1PMq-cTmX7MAvC6bHOwZEL58N-XNe2yq0g/edit?usp=sharing

A USA citizenship applicant who was born in Taiwan may indicate Taiwan as the country of birth on their Form N-400 if he or she shows supporting evidence. Such applicants’ Certificates of Citizenship are issued showing Taiwan as country of birth. USCIS does not issue certificates showing “Taiwan, PRC,” “Taiwan, China,” “Taiwan, Republic of China,” or “Taiwan, ROC.” People’s Republic of China (PRC) is the country name used for applicants born in the PRC. (see USCIS reference: part K chapter 2 footnote 4)

What I have in my packet:

• Forms with cover letters from both me (with items listed) and USC spouse (saying he can't live without me)
  • Check (filing fee and biometric fee combined)
  • Copy of Green Card and USC Spouse Passport
  • Diploma and Professional State License for both (was useful during AOS interview, the IO was ONLY interested in professional stuff)
  • Joint banking and joint investment accounts since marriage (all important transactions are highlighted and marked with hand written notes, also shows both paychecks going into same account) 
  • Car Insurance
  • Rental Insurance 
  • Health Insurance and Bills (A big stack)
  • Rental Contract
  • All W2 tax forms and tax returns since marriage (filled jointly)
  • State drivers license (shows same address)
  • Marriage certificate
  • 2 signed letters from friends (not notarized)
  • Scientific journal/Medical association magazine delivered to same address 
  • Payments to academic societies and examination boards (from joint account)
  • Gift receipts after marriage (ring, apple products etc)
  • 3+ Envelopes from friends and institutions that addresses both of us
  • 4 Flights booked together 
  • COVID stimulus letter from white house that shows both our names
  • 3 "Thank you for your donation" letters addressed to both 
  • 30 + Pictures with friends, family and work (with everyone's name, event date and location)

Too much pain to get proof of retirement account and life insurance beneficiary from HR. Didn't include those for AOS and was fine. Am still thinking about getting copies of forms from hospital and clinic that states each other as emergency contact and ok to access each other's medical info.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Thank you so much for sharing this! My AOS expires the beginning of April so I need to send the papers soon. So I guess I am a January filler for I-751?

I will be following this page thou! 

• 4 weeks later...

Had to make a couple of changes, thank god for early prep 😅. Finished labeling everything at the bottom of pages, dropping off the packet during the weekend at local drop off point for courier. 

Immigration officer seemed to appreciate the labels when we did that for AOS

5E055DF3-F399-491F-9816-E4F836E6461C.jpeg

Timeline

We'll be sending the ROC mid-Feb. Right now we have:

- Birth certificate of our child

- Evidence of my stepdaughter (wife's daughter) immigrating and living with us, also my pending adoption petition

- Joint title to our house in US, apartment in China, and two cars (all fully paid off)

- Joint tax returns, several joint bank accounts in US and China, insurance (auto, health, etc.), beneficiary information of things like my 401k

-  A bunch of photos going back 8+ years

- .... not sure what else to send

Also from the timelines it looks like USCIS is now working on I751s filed late 2019, so it's looking like a 15+ month process 😥

Edited by RamonGomez

On 1/29/2021 at 10:24 AM, RamonGomez said:

We'll be sending the ROC mid-Feb. Right now we have:

- Birth certificate of our child

- Evidence of my stepdaughter (wife's daughter) immigrating and living with us, also my pending adoption petition

- Joint title to our house in US, apartment in China, and two cars (all fully paid off)

- Joint tax returns, several joint bank accounts in US and China, insurance (auto, health, etc.), beneficiary information of things like my 401k

-  A bunch of photos going back 8+ years

- .... not sure what else to send

Also from the timelines it looks like USCIS is now working on I751s filed late 2019, so it's looking like a 15+ month process 😥

I think that’s enough. I wouldn’t worry if I were you, looks solid! 

And don’t worry about the 15 months timeline, some September 2020 and October 2020 already got approved. Since December, all the i751s are being sent to Phoenix, which makes me think that they’re “centralizing” everything in one center for faster processing (quite possible). 

I sent mine out this afternoon! 

Edited by EducatedByAnimals

Google Sheets for 2021 February Filers, includes link to google sheets since September 2020. 

I am including the following

1. i-751 Form
  2. G-1145 Form
  3. G-1450 Form
  4. Car Insurance
  5. State drivers license (Same address)
  6. Health Insurance (Both our names on the same plan)
  7. Life Insurance
  8. Copy of the Green Card
  9. Joint bank account (Most recent bank statement) 
  10. Tax Transcript for past two years

Goodness, I can't believe it's already time for us to file for our ROC's!  Quick question for everyone, when you assembled your package, did you include two G-1145's?  (one for you and one for your spouse) Or, did you only enclose one (for the green card holder)?

Spoiler

Petitioner: USC | Applicant: B2 | (c)9 AOS (Marriage)

07/31/18: Filed I-130, I-130A

08/01/18: Delivered Potomac Processing Center

08/07/18: Text/Mail Notifications (for I-130)

08/14/18: Hard Copy NOA (for I-130)

08/24/18: Mailed I-485, I-765, I-864

08/27/18: Delivered

08/31/18: Filed

09/04/18: Text Notifications (for I-485, I-765, I-864)

09/06/18: Hard Copy NOA (for I-485, I-765, I-864)

09/14/18: Biometrics letter rec'd

09/26/18: Biometrics appt completed

10/02/18: Ready for interview to be scheduled.

12/18/18: Form I-130 APPROVED!

01/27/19: EAD Approved and card being printed!

02/02/19: Combo card and SSN card arrived!

03/08/19: Text and online notification that interview has been scheduled.

04/16/19: Interview.  AOS approval text rec'd.  Card in production!

04/24/19: GC in hand! 

Removal of Conditions

Here we go!

02/10/21: I-751 package sent

02/12/21: Delivered to Phoenix, AZ

03/22/21: Money order cashed

03/24/21: Text notification rec'd

03/25/21: NOA rec'd

04/30/21: Case updated: Fingerprints taken

06/27/22: Approved!  Card being produced!

07/05/22: 10-year GC in hand!

4vrsm5.pngN3Zem6.png

8 hours ago, Chocobo said:

Goodness, I can't believe it's already time for us to file for our ROC's!  Quick question for everyone, when you assembled your package, did you include two G-1145's?  (one for you and one for your spouse) Or, did you only enclose one (for the green card holder)?

I only did one g1145 for myself (petitioner) not sure if they allow two. 

Edited by EducatedByAnimals

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.