Calimay

Milligan Vs. Pompeo Ruling

165 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
57 minutes ago, R1CH1991 said:

I'm not a K1 case but I really hope they start to process K1 cases soon. The priority should be to reunite fiances now especially considering it has been suspended for such a length of time. If it's safe enough for flights to continue, with social distancing, regular testing and isolation periods it should be facilitated!

Priority of whom? Definitely not this administration.

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 11/23/2020 at 10:17 AM, sl1pstream said:

There shouldn't be but they still managed to do so in the DV case. I can see them pulling the same junk here.

For some reason "#######" is censored, what the hell? That's not even an expletive.

I guess you have a point

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove alternate spelling of profanity in quote

16 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

If I was trying for a K1 visa,  i certainly would not site this case

Telling any US government agency they have to do something is a good way to get them to say No as a denial is an action

I would have spent all this money on flights to a neutral country and fee for spouse visa (as many embassies have started to process them)

lawyer and court cost with no guarantee of the outcome at interview is a big waste of good money

Are you a lawyer? I don't think so. You just seem to be a negative hater. As somebody who clearly isn't going through this process you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 hours ago, Angela & Brendon said:

Are you a lawyer? I don't think so. You just seem to be a negative hater. As somebody who clearly isn't going through this process you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Not a hater at all 

just do not trust government

and oh my God ,  i went thru the K1 in 2009 and was denied 

and married and it took me 5 more years to get a visa approved

i have all the smpathy for anyone going thru not only the immigration system but this covid and the heartaches it has bought

but saying marry and do a CR1 as they are progressing a little bit faster than K1 (that most embassies are not even doing at all???)

is a hater???

I just hope you don't all go 6 years of praying and waiting like i did to wade thru the BS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 11/24/2020 at 2:58 PM, JeanneAdil said:

ut saying marry and do a CR1 as they are progressing a little bit faster than K1 (that most embassies are not even doing at all???)

is a hater???

Yeah, it kind of is. There's currently no way to even get to each other without going through a third country first, since they don't give NIEs for ESTAs. You're also talking about starting the whole process over after some of us are over a year into this mess of a system, which is completely ridiculous. On top of that, for some people there's no other option because they can't actually get married in their country because of various reasons including that they're not allowed to marry their partners in their home country.
There's a reason that the K1 process exists and it's completely ridiculous to suggest that people should give up after all of this and try again.
Also praying doesn't do anything. What the hell is praying going to do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
13 hours ago, A&D25612 said:

rip us non-plaintiffs. But didn't it also say they won't be 'prioritised'? I found the update pretty confusing tbh

It did, we won't be prioritized over others but since the only "others" are emergency visas, that's sort of fine.

The lawyers who represent the plaintiffs seem to be optimistic the ruling will trickle down to non-plaintiffs and resume visa processing. They did a Facebook live and answered some questions during. (https://www.facebook.com/105643946137854/videos/844179766403117 if anyone is interested) 

Kind of makes me regret not throwing a couple grand at a lawyer to get in on this case though, maybe I'd be seeing my fiance for Christmas.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, JCB86 said:

The lawyers who represent the plaintiffs seem to be optimistic the ruling will trickle down to non-plaintiffs and resume visa processing. They did a Facebook live and answered some questions during. (https://www.facebook.com/105643946137854/videos/844179766403117 if anyone is interested) 

Kind of makes me regret not throwing a couple grand at a lawyer to get in on this case though, maybe I'd be seeing my fiance for Christmas.

Thanks for the link! I thought it was a recent one but I watched this one a while ago. We prob wont hear much else until a bit after 3rd december but fingers crossed anyway.   I would have also been a plaintiff if I was able to, but not having the money and all that, it was never going to be an option lol

Edited by A&D25612

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
On 11/22/2020 at 9:45 PM, Calimay said:

Just curious if people have been keeping up with this case...looks like the judge issued a ruling on this on 11/19. Embassies can no longer use the presidential proclamation as the reason for not issuing K1s. Just wanted to see if anyone has contacted the NVC about this yet. Would be nice if we could all share any updates we get from them :) (apologies if someone else already started a thread on this) 

2A6C01D1-A873-40F1-A125-DFF1A02D2EBA.png

I noticed you are from Greece. I'm from Greece too and I'm a plaintiff.

I was stuck at the NVC since Spring, the Embassy saying they can't process my case because of the proclamation. After the judge ruled, the Embassy replied to my emails saying they were awaiting guidance from the DOS. About a week later, they requested my case from the NVC and my case is now in transit.

I'm happy I joined this lawsuit. One thousand dollars isn't an easy amount to shake off, but who knows when the proclamation will go away? It's not set to expire.

I'm seeing people from the lawsuit get interviews, I personally don't think I'll get my interview till next year. Our country is on a strict lockdown and I don't think I'll be allowed an interview just yet. I'm not even sure how I'll gather documents for the P3 yet. But it's a start and I'll gladly take it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
13 hours ago, Clemvevo said:

I noticed you are from Greece. I'm from Greece too and I'm a plaintiff.

I was stuck at the NVC since Spring, the Embassy saying they can't process my case because of the proclamation. After the judge ruled, the Embassy replied to my emails saying they were awaiting guidance from the DOS. About a week later, they requested my case from the NVC and my case is now in transit.

I'm happy I joined this lawsuit. One thousand dollars isn't an easy amount to shake off, but who knows when the proclamation will go away? It's not set to expire.

I'm seeing people from the lawsuit get interviews, I personally don't think I'll get my interview till next year. Our country is on a strict lockdown and I don't think I'll be allowed an interview just yet. I'm not even sure how I'll gather documents for the P3 yet. But it's a start and I'll gladly take it.

Wow that’s good to hear that your case is being processed! My fiancé is actually the one in Greece. Looks like they are adding new plaintiffs to the current lawsuit and we are thinking of joining now. Thank you for the information and best of luck to you both :)  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

It looks like they are opening the case to add more plaintiffs. Can any current plaintiffs explain how the process went to sign up, the  cost and requirements? I've been searching for this information and sent an email as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.