Calimay

Milligan Vs. Pompeo Ruling

165 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
31 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

It went well, other than a stress headache afterwards. Painkillers helped with that.

I was super nervous, but they were all super friendly and made it pretty clear that if it was up to them, they would've processed people much sooner. Apparently there's about 30 non-plaintiff cases that they're not allowed to work on. Aside from the usual questions, he also asked me how we joined the lawsuit and told me that it looked like we made the right decision by joining. He also told me to make sure I followed the third country quarantine and that it's better to book an extra day than to end up getting sent back. It was pretty clear that he felt bad about making us wait 9 months and wanted to make sure that I got there as soon as possible. It was a pretty positive experience. He didn't tell me that I got approved, but he told me that, if I get approved, I should get everything in the mail early next week. He kept my visa, so I assume that it's good news, but who knows at this point. It's still 2020. CEAC says that's in AP (which seems normal, according to the internet, at least for a few days), so I'm glad it doesn't say denied yet? Idk.

This all sounds promising!  Thank you for sharing!  We joined the lawsuit as well, so hopefully the amendment is filed with the judge, we can get things moving for his interview as well.  All the best and I hope you get the visa soon!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mihaela Plesa said:

This all sounds promising!  Thank you for sharing!  We joined the lawsuit as well, so hopefully the amendment is filed with the judge, we can get things moving for his interview as well.  All the best and I hope you get the visa soon!

Good luck! I have some paperwork to deal with that's being super slow related to my old job, but once that's done I'm leaving. In the unlikely event that the proclamation disappears I'll fly directly, if not I'm probably spending two weeks at a resort in Mexico. I feel like cocktails and sun might help with the jetlag too.

2 hours ago, sl1pstream said:

Good luck! I have some paperwork to deal with that's being super slow related to my old job, but once that's done I'm leaving. In the unlikely event that the proclamation disappears I'll fly directly, if not I'm probably spending two weeks at a resort in Mexico. I feel like cocktails and sun might help with the jetlag too.

Hope you get the visa soon!

I got a response from the BE Embassy this morning. They said they aren't processing K1s due to the Proclamation.  I was surprised they even responded. We added ourselves to the plaintiff list, so hoping things get moving.  I wonder if a Cancun resort would give a block rate for all the plaintiffs quarantining. 🤣

Timeline
10 hours ago, thebob said:

Hope you get the visa soon!

I got a response from the BE Embassy this morning. They said they aren't processing K1s due to the Proclamation.  I was surprised they even responded. We added ourselves to the plaintiff list, so hoping things get moving.  I wonder if a Cancun resort would give a block rate for all the plaintiffs quarantining. 🤣

I got an email from the courier service with a tracking number, so I'm going to assume that it's been issued. Now I just need to get my old employer's curator to fix the C4 they sent me months ago so I can get the other stuff taken care of.

Also holy hell booking for two is *a lot* cheaper than for a single person.

Edited by sl1pstream

Timeline
8 hours ago, sl1pstream said:

I got an email from the courier service with a tracking number, so I'm going to assume that it's been issued. Now I just need to get my old employer's curator to fix the C4 they sent me months ago so I can get the other stuff taken care of.

Also holy hell booking for two is *a lot* cheaper than for a single person.

That was quick!  Congrats!

I'm in a bit of a different situation, I got my K1 Visa approved just a few days before travel to the US was stopped. (It expired 6mths later in August) I have a now expired page in my passport and no idea of when or how I can get things moving again.  I was told though that even if the embassy processed my Visa again - I still wouldn't be able to travel - again because of the travel ban - So right now it doesn't seen worth pushing to get the Visa renewed as the travel ban affecting K1 visas and others is still in place.

Timeline
12 hours ago, foneageek said:

I'm in a bit of a different situation, I got my K1 Visa approved just a few days before travel to the US was stopped. (It expired 6mths later in August) I have a now expired page in my passport and no idea of when or how I can get things moving again.  I was told though that even if the embassy processed my Visa again - I still wouldn't be able to travel - again because of the travel ban - So right now it doesn't seen worth pushing to get the Visa renewed as the travel ban affecting K1 visas and others is still in place.

Not sure where your visa is being processed.  The attorneys on the Milligan v Pompeo case were saying that there is some talk that Trump will not renew the travel ban to the Schengen area as it expires 12/31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
9 hours ago, Mihaela Plesa said:

Not sure where your visa is being processed.  The attorneys on the Milligan v Pompeo case were saying that there is some talk that Trump will not renew the travel ban to the Schengen area as it expires 12/31

This one doesn't have an expiration date, it’s effective until the president cancels it. 12/31 is another Presidential proclamation.

You can read the whole thing on whitehouse.gov 

Edited by YueQian

13 hours ago, Mihaela Plesa said:

Sorry, I missed this information - My Visa was processed at the London US Embassy. I had my Visa approved in Late February and was due to travel to Philadelphia in Late March. Since that time I've been stuck. I booked a flight for June hoping that things would change. My Visa expired  in August and that's pretty much it - no word on if I will need to have a medical/interview again. 

Timeline
On 12/13/2020 at 1:02 AM, Mihaela Plesa said:

Yeah, there's no end for the Schengen-ban. I assume that it'll be in place until Biden signs an EO to end that, but I assume that that'll come after they talked about finding some way to make travel run safe again, with tests and stuff.

You can (and should) travel through a third country if you have a valid visa. If your visa expired and you're not part of the suit, they probably won't reissue it either until DOS tells them that they can work on non-plaintiffs again. Which might take a while.

I just booked my flights. I'm leaving for Mexico City on the 4th, staying in a Holiday Inn for 16 days and then flying to the US on January 20th. It sucks that that's inauguration day and that there'll probably be heightened security, but I only thought of that after I had already booked it.

Now I just need to figure out what I need to do when it comes to taxes, social security and other stuff before I leave in 3 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

The judge ruled allowing the 2nd round plaintiffs to be officially added on 1/19. My case case was sent to the consulate 2 days later.  I got an email from the consulate today informing they had send packet 3 by courier post.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.