Calimay

Milligan Vs. Pompeo Ruling

165 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 3/30/2021 at 1:57 PM, MarieJames said:

Got an email with an interview date today! They scheduled us for June 29th. 

On 3/31/2021 at 12:41 PM, sillylilly said:

Got our interview date too!! but its for July 13 looong way to go :D 

How long did it take for you to receive a date? Like the timeframe between the email that said to wait for an interview date, and the actual interview date notification? 🤔

Timeline
13 minutes ago, A&D25612 said:

How long did it take for you to receive a date? Like the timeframe between the email that said to wait for an interview date, and the actual interview date notification? 🤔

We got an email telling us they were in the process of scheduling our case on March 9th, and then on March 30th they sent us an email confirming the interview date. It was exactly 3 weeks later.

Timeline
2 hours ago, MarieJames said:

We got an email telling us they were in the process of scheduling our case on March 9th, and then on March 30th they sent us an email confirming the interview date. It was exactly 3 weeks later.

Ah ok thanks! I had my email on the 8th March and haven't got an interview date yet.... I'm guessing this is a plaintiff vs non-plaintiff issue. Even though all I needed was a reissuance and already had my medical and interview early last year.. 🙄

Timeline
On 4/7/2021 at 6:13 PM, A&D25612 said:

Same here, scheduling email March 9th and interview date email March 31. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 8:35 PM, A&D25612 said:

Ah ok thanks! I had my email on the 8th March and haven't got an interview date yet.... I'm guessing this is a plaintiff vs non-plaintiff issue. Even though all I needed was a reissuance and already had my medical and interview early last year.. 🙄

It looks like the London Embassy has updated their FAQ page, but in particular regarding the extending/reissuing of immigrant/fiance visas - https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/u-s-visa-and-travel-faqs/ 

Check out "FAQ 3.11) Can my immigrant or fiancé(e) visa be extended or reissued? Can my medical be extended?

Looks promising. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi everyone I just thought I'd let you know of the new London k1 mandamus lawsuit. 

You can only join if you have your noa2 and will be prosessed at the us London embassy. 

The link to the lawsuit and FAQS 

(removed)

The cost is $2500 or $2000 if you are active military or were part of the kinsley lawsuit. 

We need 100 plaintiffs to join and the lawyers have a really good success rate with k1 mandamus lawsuits. 

London are being really difficult with prosessing visas at the moment and have only given interviews to plaintiffs of milligan round 1/2/3. 

If there is another lockdown this will cause more delays, so if you can id suggest you join This lawsuit.  Closing date is 4th June 2021. 

Thanks 

Charlotte 

Edited by Ontarkie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, Charliek337 said:

If there is another lockdown this will cause more delays, so if you can id suggest you join This lawsuit.  Closing date is 4th June 2021. 

Just 3 more weeks until the decision is made to ease to level 4, the final phase. The health minister says the pandemic is under control.  Go get your covid jab Brits 🇬🇧 

Timeline

hi londoners! good luck for the interviews coming up! Could you update on the questions and docs they ask for please, i know you'd be pretty busy after the interview so i'd really appreciate ^^🥰

3 hours ago, sillylilly said:

hi londoners! good luck for the interviews coming up! Could you update on the questions and docs they ask for please, i know you'd be pretty busy after the interview so i'd really appreciate ^^🥰

I had my interview yesterday and got approved!! 😄

There were 2 rounds, first with a gentlemen who I gave my interview confirmation email and passport 2 US size passport pictures of me and originals of my birth certificate and police certificate. He then asked for the updated letters of intent with both of our signatures. Then he asks for the MRV fee proof of payment and Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) with supporting evidence (I handed over my fiance's letter of employment from his manager/boss and also his W2 and tax transcripts for the last 3 years). He asked a few questions like what's what's the best number to contact you and when I plan to travel + other simple questions. I sat back down in the waiting area for my second round. 

My number got called again on-screen and this time it's a female, she makes you take an oath and then proceeds with the questions. Below are the questions she asked me:

1. When did you first meet? (I asked for clarification and she said when was the first time you knew about each others existence). 

2. What are your wedding plans? 

3. How many times has he visited? 

4. Is your family happy with you moving to the USA? 

5. What State does he live in?

6. Has he always lived there? 

These questions will probably be very different and mixed when its your interview as I'm sure there's a pool of questions they pick from so don't rely on them asking the same questions for you, too. Hope this helps as general guidance and good luck with your interviews! 

Timeline
On 5/24/2021 at 1:10 AM, Wuozopo said:

Just 3 more weeks until the decision is made to ease to level 4, the final phase. The health minister says the pandemic is under control.  Go get your covid jab Brits 🇬🇧 

Yes but you never know if there is going to be another variant that could cause us to lockdown if the vaccine isn't effective against it. I've been lucky enough to have both my vaccines but also had covid last year in March so know bad it is.

This lawsuit is the only way to get any movement or you will be waiting for the massive backlog to clear. 

Timeline
On 5/26/2021 at 12:06 PM, AH&TN said:

There were 2 rounds, first with a gentlemen who I gave my interview confirmation email and passport 2 US size passport pictures of me and originals of my birth certificate and police certificate. He then asked for the updated letters of intent with both of our signatures. Then he asks for the MRV fee proof of payment and Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) with supporting evidence (I handed over my fiance's letter of employment from his manager/boss and also his W2 and tax transcripts for the last 3 years). He asked a few questions like what's what's the best number to contact you and when I plan to travel + other simple questions. I sat back down in the waiting area for my second round. 

My number got called again on-screen and this time it's a female, she makes you take an oath and then proceeds with the questions. Below are the questions she asked me:

1. When did you first meet? (I asked for clarification and she said when was the first time you knew about each others existence). 

These questions will probably be very different and mixed when its your interview as I'm sure there's a pool of questions they pick from so don't rely on them asking the same questions for you, too. Hope this helps as general guidance and good luck with your interviews! 

Amazing, thanks for the info its really helpful! and congrats so happy for u!!!!!! 

Timeline
On 5/26/2021 at 7:06 AM, AH&TN said:

THANK YOU! This is really useful information. My interview is in exactly 1 month! 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 5/26/2021 at 3:07 AM, sillylilly said:

I had my interview yesterday! She told me I was approved and that I could expect my passport with the visa back in 1-2 weeks!

I posted a very detailed review of the consulate with a lot more information (you should be able to view that on my immigration timeline), but here are the questions I was asked:

1. How did you meet? 
2. Where did you meet in person?
3. Were we a couple when we first met?
4. Has your fiancé visited you in the UK?
5. Have you visited her in the US?
6. Where does your fiancé live?
7. Does she live with her parents?
8. What does she do for work?
9. What do you do for work?
10. How do you plan to get married?
11. When did you decide to get married?

I was out in under an hour! Super quick and easy. 

Edited by MarieJames

Timeline
16 hours ago, MarieJames said:

I had my interview yesterday! She told me I was approved and that I could expect my passport with the visa back in 1-2 weeks!

I posted a very detailed review of the consulate with a lot more information (you should be able to view that on my immigration timeline), but here are the questions I was asked:

1. How did you meet? 
2. Where did you meet in person?
3. Were we a couple when we first met?
4. Has your fiancé visited you in the UK?
5. Have you visited her in the US?
6. Where does your fiancé live?
7. Does she live with her parents?
8. What does she do for work?
9. What do you do for work?
10. How do you plan to get married?
11. When did you decide to get married?

I was out in under an hour! Super quick and easy. 

Thanks for the info, your consulate review was really helpful!! congrats and safe flight!  :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.