Calimay

Milligan Vs. Pompeo Ruling

165 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
2 hours ago, RainyJupiter said:

It looks like they are opening the case to add more plaintiffs. Can any current plaintiffs explain how the process went to sign up, the  cost and requirements? I've been searching for this information and sent an email as well.

I just emailed Mr Suskind about joining the lawsuit.  I hope he responds.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Mihaela Plesa said:

I was reading rn the steps they posted to join and it seems like now they’re asking for $2,000 fee. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
4 minutes ago, lrg_1 said:

I was reading rn the steps they posted to join and it seems like now they’re asking for $2,000 fee. 

Are you able to pm me where you found this? Thank you!

Timeline
On 11/30/2020 at 10:51 AM, JCB86 said:

The lawyers who represent the plaintiffs seem to be optimistic the ruling will trickle down to non-plaintiffs and resume visa processing. They did a Facebook live and answered some questions during. (https://www.facebook.com/105643946137854/videos/844179766403117 if anyone is interested) 

Kind of makes me regret not throwing a couple grand at a lawyer to get in on this case though, maybe I'd be seeing my fiance for Christmas.

They’re onboarding new plaintiffs for this case for $2000.  Deadline is next Friday.  
https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.visalaw.com%2fk-1-litigation-new-plaintiffs-onboarding%2f&c=E,1,lN2LdG8m7BbCq2rpqzCFpldkYWm7rkQvMCFNUMNFfCTWIDeeLyDhykhhqkYm8ByXc6l03RkqytyABj3Qi1aOxCvrvWK9FkXmlFevm_cToQ,,&typo=1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The lawyers won't respond to my emails, as I am sure they have over 500 in their inbox...

My fiancé is from a non-PP country and I am wondering if it would still be beneficial to become a plaintiff. We received our NOA2 in 11/13. 

NOA1- March 27th

💕

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
14 hours ago, Mihaela Plesa said:

Here is the link with information that was sent to me. Sadly, I don't believe I qualify as my case has still not reached the NVC (still waiting for them  to notify me). Good luck to anyone who proceeds with this.

https://www.visalaw.com/k-1-litigation-new-plaintiffs-onboarding/

Timeline
4 hours ago, SydneyfMaghrib said:

The lawyers won't respond to my emails, as I am sure they have over 500 in their inbox...

My fiancé is from a non-PP country and I am wondering if it would still be beneficial to become a plaintiff. We received our NOA2 in 11/13. 

If you read the FAQs, it would appear that this lawsuit only helps those living in countries affected by PP. 

Timeline

Here is the link with information that was sent to me. Sadly, I don't believe I qualify as my case has still not reached the NVC (still waiting for them  to notify me). Good luck to anyone who proceeds with this.

sorry to hear that!  Maybe, just maybe there will be enough plaintiffs added to the list for the judge to want to make this a class action lawsuit which would help everyone else with a K1 application.  He wasn't willing to do that at this time, and just opened up the list for new plaintiffs to be added.

Timeline

Did you receive a notification from the USCIS that your case was forwarded to the NVC?  If so, you can contact the NVC 30 days after the date the USCIS forwarded the case to them.  I did that, and literally the next day the NVC sent me a notification that they forwarded the case to the consulate.  Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Can they prioritise plaintiffs over non-plaintiffs? I figured this would also be illegal, but that's not exactly stopped them thus far.. from some of the lawyers Twitter, you can see some people have started getting interview dates, whereas others like myself haven't. This has been happening in the same country with same if not similar expired k1 situations too- and my embassy just direct me straight back to their website and wont answer my questions nor explain anything.  😧

Timeline
8 hours ago, A&D25612 said:

Can they prioritise plaintiffs over non-plaintiffs? I figured this would also be illegal, but that's not exactly stopped them thus far.. from some of the lawyers Twitter, you can see some people have started getting interview dates, whereas others like myself haven't. This has been happening in the same country with same if not similar expired k1 situations too- and my embassy just direct me straight back to their website and wont answer my questions nor explain anything.  😧

It sounds like they’re not processing any applications for non-plaintiffs, so I guess they are prioritizing plaintiffs.  This lawsuit is only helping plaintiffs.  The judge did not want to make it a class lawsuit to benefit everyone in that situation but rather allowed the lawyers to expand the list of plaintiffs. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
On 12/4/2020 at 9:34 AM, SydneyfMaghrib said:

My fiance is from a non-PP country too. I was strongly leaning towards joining the list of plaintiffs but I’m becoming less motivated to do so after reading that new plaintiffs from non-PP countries are less likely to benefit from the current injunction unless new orders are made regarding the unreasonable wait.

I hope a new lawsuit can be done that is also directly applicable to non-PP countries and unreasonable long waiting times

On 12/4/2020 at 8:07 AM, Mihaela Plesa said:

I wish I had $2000 to spare. If I had that kind of surplus cash around, I'd have gone to a 3rd party country to see my fiance. It'll be a year since we've been together this coming Christmas. I do hope that those who get on the case will make it easier for the rest of us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.