R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,639 posts in this topic

On 8/24/2022 at 7:46 AM, roxydye said:

Anyone else has their interview this week? Have mine Friday and the wait is giving me major anxiety 

how did it go? :)

7 minutes ago, roxydye said:

I’m still in London shaking still, but got approved 🥰😭

omg congrats, very happy for you! ❤️❤️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I’m awake since yesterday from 6 am, I left a review on the embassy of what happened . Guys I’m ready to get some much needed sleep now that I’m not stressing over it

On 8/24/2022 at 8:20 AM, CaffeNeroGuy said:

lol that's funny. Do you have any idea how long your friend had to wait for the interview after being DQd?

Unfortunately not. My friend is military who is stationed overseas, so they went through a completely different process than most do. Her whole thing was like 4 months, start to finish, the lucky bint.

On 8/30/2022 at 4:26 PM, Gabriel said:

Hello

someone with DQ in August received IL ? How should these interview dates ? 

Hi!

I just received my IL. My journey is as follows:

Submission: Jun 7th (This was basically my 3rd submissions as my documents were flagged invalid the first two times. Each time it was a waiting time of 2 months)

DQ: Aug 16th

IL: Sep 1st

Interview date: Oct 21st

Hope it helps,

Just got my husband's IL!! BLUF timeline:

NVC submission: 8 Jun

DQ: 12 Aug (received HST 1030 12 Aug)

IL:  1 Sep (received HST at 0530 1 Sep)

Interview: 20 Oct, 0830 LND

It's my impression they "bundle" DQ cases, and then assign them interviews in batch. So if you're DQ near the beginning of the month, most likely you'll get your interview on the 1st or 2nd the following (for London, anyway). I did some timeline stalking, and it seems a batch of people tend to get their IL's about the same time, the 1st or 2nd each month.

3 hours ago, LN1Casey said:

Just got my husband's IL!! BLUF timeline:

NVC submission: 8 Jun

DQ: 12 Aug (received HST 1030 12 Aug)

IL:  1 Sep (received HST at 0530 1 Sep)

Interview: 20 Oct, 0830 LND

It's my impression they "bundle" DQ cases, and then assign them interviews in batch. So if you're DQ near the beginning of the month, most likely you'll get your interview on the 1st or 2nd the following (for London, anyway). I did some timeline stalking, and it seems a batch of people tend to get their IL's about the same time, the 1st or 2nd each month.

I read somewhere on the NVC website that they assign interviews once a month, after the consulate inform them of available dates. I’ve tried to find it again but can’t remember where I read it. But I agree with you, they seem to assign interviews in batches for the following month every 4 weeks. 

For info, I was DQ’d on the 29th July and received my IL today. 

DQ - July 29th

IL - September 1st

Interview - October 5th. 

Edited by MarkL11

9 hours ago, Sasa1121 said:

Has anyone been DQ'd without a DQ letter? We have all documents approved, notification email from CEAC that something changed, but no official letter.  Yet everything applicable says "Approved" or "Paid."

DQ without a letter - July 19th

IL -  Waiting
Interview - Waiting

I didn’t get a DQ ‘letter’. Just a message on the CEAC website saying that I had been Document Qualified. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.