R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,591 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

Hi! I am petitioning for my husband who is due to have his interview in London soon. Our DQ date is June 21st, but we are yet to be scheduled for an interview(well, he is yet to). From this thread, I would see that London interviews would get scheduled so fast, so I am suprised that 3 weeks in, we are yet to be scheduled. Does anyone with a DQ date of around June 21st received their interview appointment yet for London? Does anyone know if there are delays or whether the appointments have slowed down since April-May? I am a bit concerned… thanks in advance! 

Edited by Louise Gloriane
Typo

On 7/15/2022 at 6:36 PM, Louise Gloriane said:

Hi! I am petitioning for my husband who is due to have his interview in London soon. Our DQ date is June 21st, but we are yet to be scheduled for an interview(well, he is yet to). From this thread, I would see that London interviews would get scheduled so fast, so I am suprised that 3 weeks in, we are yet to be scheduled. Does anyone with a DQ date of around June 21st received their interview appointment yet for London? Does anyone know if there are delays or whether the appointments have slowed down since April-May? I am a bit concerned… thanks in advance! 

We've not heard anything but were DQed way after you. Seen people with similar DQ dates to you on FB who are still waiting.

13 hours ago, Laud said:

We've not heard anything but were DQed way after you. Seen people with similar DQ dates to you on FB who are still waiting.

Thank you for the update, I really appreciate it. Although it is sad that they have suddenly slowed down, at least I know it is not a case of them just “forgetting” my husband’s case number. Uuugh crossing fingers to hear something soon! 

My husband was DQ'd on Thursday, July 14th and it looks like the London Embassy has slowed down a bit, earlier this spring there were moving quickly. Perhaps it's summer vacation time in the UK, hopefully it will pick up soon.

42 minutes ago, BethF said:

My husband was DQ'd on Thursday, July 14th and it looks like the London Embassy has slowed down a bit, earlier this spring there were moving quickly. Perhaps it's summer vacation time in the UK, hopefully it will pick up soon.

Hey, we are DQ July 12 so right with you. It looks as though a lot of embassies have slowed recently. There's a pretty active thread in the Embassy Stage forum about the dropoff in July interviews. Some people are suggesting it is due to prioritising student visas at this time of year which seems probable to me.

Working for a university I guess I understand (but do not agree with) the prioritizing of student visas, thankfully there is a time limit on that and students will need to be on campus by the end of next month so hopefully, that won't impact us too much and we will all receive our IL soon.  Fingers crossed 🙂

On 7/15/2022 at 12:36 PM, Louise Gloriane said:

Hi, have you received your IL yet? We were DQed on June 23rd and havent received it yet. 

18 minutes ago, Jessica Maclaren said:

Hi, have you received your IL yet? We were DQed on June 23rd and havent received it yet. 

Hi there! Still nothing 😔😔… I don’t think they can go a full month or a full couple of months without scheduling… anything… 😔. Still hoping to hear from them sometime in early August with an interview date a week or so after the notice. Crossing my fingers for you too! 

3 minutes ago, Louise Gloriane said:

Hi there! Still nothing 😔😔… I don’t think they can go a full month or a full couple of months without scheduling… anything… 😔. Still hoping to hear from them sometime in early August with an interview date a week or so after the notice. Crossing my fingers for you too! 

I know, this is the most frustrating part since were right there at the end. Hoping we hear sometime this week or next. I would think/hope they would open interview slots for august due to the backlog but idk 

16 minutes ago, Jessica Maclaren said:

I know, this is the most frustrating part since were right there at the end. Hoping we hear sometime this week or next. I would think/hope they would open interview slots for august due to the backlog but idk 

Right? I am actually in London right now with our two children for the summer, we were really hoping that by the time we are due to head back stateside, he would be coming with us. I am still hoping it’ll be happening. Sending all of you strength!! 💐 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.