R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,639 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, MarkL11 said:

I didn’t get a DQ ‘letter’. Just a message on the CEAC website saying that I had been Document Qualified. 

I got emails. One saying there was an update, the second saying my husband was DQ.

13 hours ago, SM0 said:

Received my DQ notice on 2nd September, so I am joining the rest of you patiently waiting for an interview letter.

Congrats!

You likely will get your IL beginning of next month (3rd), if my theory holds true. Since you'd be so high up in the waiting pile as having gotten DQ'ed at the beginning of the month, I'd guess your interview date will be somewhere in the sub 10 November range.

👀 Lets wait and see.

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
27 minutes ago, LN1Casey said:

Congrats!

You likely will get your IL beginning of next month (3rd), if my theory holds true. Since you'd be so high up in the waiting pile as having gotten DQ'ed at the beginning of the month, I'd guess your interview date will be somewhere in the sub 10 November range.

👀 Lets wait and see.

What about those who were Dad in early August and yet to receive IL? I also saw another theory on this site that the consulates releases dates in batches in the middle of each month. So those are two opposing theories. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
53 minutes ago, CaffeNeroGuy said:

What about those who were Dad in early August and yet to receive IL? I also saw another theory on this site that the consulates releases dates in batches in the middle of each month. So those are two opposing theories. 

If you had followed this thread from the beginning you would see that interview notifications for London IR1/CR1s come out in batches. For a long while they came out the middle of the month. Then there would be a month where none got letters. The latest thing seems to be near the first of the month. Just when you think there is a pattern, it changes. So there is nothing you can absolutely count on. Immigration timelines and predictions are always a bit of speculation and can drive you insane if you let it consume your every thought. It will happen when it happens and it will never seem soon enough. Hang in there mates. 

On 9/1/2022 at 7:32 PM, Sasa1121 said:

Has anyone been DQ'd without a DQ letter? We have all documents approved, notification email from CEAC that something changed, but no official letter.  Yet everything applicable says "Approved" or "Paid."

DQ without a letter - July 19th

IL -  Waiting
Interview - Waiting

Anyone with a July DQ still waiting on an interview letter? 

On 9/2/2022 at 10:46 PM, SM0 said:

Received my DQ notice on 2nd September, so I am joining the rest of you patiently waiting for an interview letter.

I got DQ 1 September - trying to be patient too. I'm hoping to get IL 3 October and interview in London in November. But I'm EB1A - and I'm thinking employment category will be different to marriage.

On 9/2/2022 at 4:37 AM, MarkL11 said:

I didn’t get a DQ ‘letter’. Just a message on the CEAC website saying that I had been Document Qualified. 

Sorry to be confusing - I don’t have anything saying the words “documentarily qualified,” just an email saying we had an update, then the site stating that all documents are accepted + fees paid. No message at all stating same. Just afraid we’re sitting in limbo/forgotten about (especially as I see others after us getting interviews).

3 hours ago, Sasa1121 said:

Sorry to be confusing - I don’t have anything saying the words “documentarily qualified,” just an email saying we had an update, then the site stating that all documents are accepted + fees paid. No message at all stating same. Just afraid we’re sitting in limbo/forgotten about (especially as I see others after us getting interviews).

I can understand why you would be concerned; I assume you've submitted an inquiry? 

Have you double checked that you have submitted all the required paperwork?

When I did my initial submission, not all of the required documents were auto-populated and I had to manually add the type and upload the document. 

Timeline

6 hours ago, Sasa1121 said:

Yeah I have been really anxious as well. I see people who got DQ at the same time or after I got DQ getting interview letters.

Had my CR1 interview today and got approved!! SO happy and relived. I've been stressing so much about the interview, but it really was stress-free and the officers were super friendly. I will post a full review later today as I found reading others really helpful. 

For anyone that have their interviews coming soon, do not worry.. You will be fine, it's not as scary as we imagine! :)

8 hours ago, Sasa1121 said:

My email and letter also didn't use the phrase 'documentary qualified' - I had to check with a legal person to check it amounted to the same thing (they said 'yes'). Mine said all docs received and that I'm in a queue for the embassy appointment. 

1 minute ago, Cody LA said:

Had my CR1 interview today and got approved!! SO happy and relived. I've been stressing so much about the interview, but it really was stress-free and the officers were super friendly. I will post a full review later today as I found reading others really helpful. 

For anyone that have their interviews coming soon, do not worry.. You will be fine, it's not as scary as we imagine! :)

Congratulations! Well done! You must be soooo relieved!

1 hour ago, CaffeNeroGuy said:

Yeah I have been really anxious as well. I see people who got DQ at the same time or after I got DQ getting interview letters.

You and I are employment green cards and most of the people here are marriage green cards I think. I can't tell how differently we're treated because there aren't many posting. I really feel for anyone separated from their other half - having gone through it myself during the pandemic. 

2 hours ago, Clare and Claire said:

You and I are employment green cards and most of the people here are marriage green cards I think. I can't tell how differently we're treated because there aren't many posting. I really feel for anyone separated from their other half - having gone through it myself during the pandemic. 

Having said that - I see the state dept website says. 'The U.S. Embassy or Consulate General tells NVC what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments in a first-in, first-out manner'. So maybe all visa categories are the same and CR1s are same as EBs and just run in DQ order.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Clare and Claire said:

Having said that - I see the state dept website says. 'The U.S. Embassy or Consulate General tells NVC what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments in a first-in, first-out manner'. So maybe all visa categories are the same and CR1s are same as EBs and just run in DQ order.

But there is someone on this very thread who got Dad after me and still received his IL before me, so it's definitely not totally first-in, first-out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.