R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,639 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, JayPatel said:

I'm on F4 category. how long is London embassy taking for interview for the F4 category? 

The F category people had a thread going. 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/764837-london-embassy-f2a-category-waiting-for-interview/#comments

Stalking this thread since my husband's case is at NVC and we're hoping for DQ by mid-this month.

How easy is it to schedule an medical appointment? The website to register for it asks that we have our appointment letter/be directed to register before doing so, so I've not looked at any appointments. Can we register anyway, or is it better to wait?  My husband lives in Liverpool, so it's a journey to the Embassy in London. He's heading down there August 15th, and I was curious if we could combine the trip with the medical appointment.

3 minutes ago, LN1Casey said:

Stalking this thread since my husband's case is at NVC and we're hoping for DQ by mid-this month.

How easy is it to schedule an medical appointment? The website to register for it asks that we have our appointment letter/be directed to register before doing so, so I've not looked at any appointments. Can we register anyway, or is it better to wait?  My husband lives in Liverpool, so it's a journey to the Embassy in London. He's heading down there August 15th, and I was curious if we could combine the trip with the medical appointment.

I would recommend waiting until you are DQ'd. As therraybe unforseen issues, the NVC can RFE you for some of the most silly reasons. 

From DQ to getting your interview letter (IL) used to be short but recently send to be taking over a month, you can book your medical inthe hope that you get your IL for the appointment. 

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

2 minutes ago, Saqib-s said:

I would recommend waiting until you are DQ'd. As therraybe unforseen issues, the NVC can RFE you for some of the most silly reasons. 

From DQ to getting your interview letter (IL) used to be short but recently send to be taking over a month, you can book your medical inthe hope that you get your IL for the appointment. 

Ah, ok, thank you for the response.

So I can hope we get DQ and not RFE (as we all do, haha), and then schedule the medical after. But in theory, if we get DQ on the 22nd of August as that's the 75th day, would we be able to schedule a medical appointment for his next trip to London in the first week of September? Or is that cutting it too close?

On 8/5/2022 at 9:10 AM, LN1Casey said:

So I can hope we get DQ and not RFE (as we all do, haha), and then schedule the medical after. But in theory, if we get DQ on the 22nd of August as that's the 75th day, would we be able to schedule a medical appointment for his next trip to London in the first week of September? Or is that cutting it too close?

Hi. I'm not sure how we managed to do this successfully but this is my experience. I got DQ'd in mid-March so I booked the medical appointment a week after with no interview letter. I had gotten an appointment for mid-April (the 17th I believe) and just gave them my daughter's DS-260 confirmation page and mine. The woman accepted it and we did our medicals and everything then left. However, I didn't get an interview letter until June for an appointment in July (we don't really know why I didn't get an interview letter with the rest of the March batch but at least it came!) The medicals usually last for 6 months so if your husband can go to the states before March 2023 (which is when medicals will expire so the visa will too) then I don't think you should schedule the medical appointment so soon + I'm unsure if they'll accept your DS-260 confirmation page as they did with mine as I've seen most people say they brought their interview letters instead. If your husband can go to the states before the March visa expiration then you can try and call them and see if they'll accept your husband's DS-260 confirmation page instead of an interview letter and if they do you can see if they have appointments for the first week of Sept. Also, if you do get DQ'd by the end of August I think London hasn't got a huge backlog so you'll definitely be interviewed by the end of the year. Good luck!

Edited by angeldeborah

On 8/2/2022 at 3:25 PM, Laud said:

PD: 10th April 2021

DQ: 12 July 2022

IL: 2 Aug 2022

Interview: 22nd Setember 2022

Lots of 0s, 1s and 2s on my timeline.

How long do people normally leave it to book a flight? If I book one a week after interview how much of a risk is that?

I think it takes the London embassy up to 10? days to process it. For my daughter she did the interview on the 22nd, her visa got issued on the 25th and she received it on the 27th of July so 5 days from the interview to the day it got delivered. It's possible you could get it in time but I would do maybe 2 weeks.

On 8/4/2022 at 10:10 PM, LN1Casey said:

Welp, we got DQ'ed on Friday, the 12th, after close of business for the medical center. My husband called on Monday, and was turned away from scheduling a medical appointment until we get out interview date.

Very happy now we're just waiting the interview, but now anxiously awaiting the interview letter. In theory should be received a bit more than a month from now?

On 8/16/2022 at 8:18 AM, LN1Casey said:

Welp, we got DQ'ed on Friday, the 12th, after close of business for the medical center. My husband called on Monday, and was turned away from scheduling a medical appointment until we get out interview date.

Very happy now we're just waiting the interview, but now anxiously awaiting the interview letter. In theory should be received a bit more than a month from now?

seems to be a bit of a delay with interview letters from london lately, people from end of july are still waiting 😕

11 hours ago, allllllsksm said:

seems to be a bit of a delay with interview letters from london lately, people from end of july are still waiting 😕

Oh no, not something I wanted to hear. I was hoping the backlog would have gone down.

On 7/26/2022 at 8:28 PM, Cody LA said:

Got DQ this week.. Sad to see it's looking like at least another few months until an Interview in London though :( Hope we all get news soon!!! It's been a 16 month process so far and I'm so ready for it to be over! 

Is this true?  Few months from DQ to Interview?  I thought London was only a few weeks for CR1 spouse interview???

2 hours ago, JD2 said:

Is this true?  Few months from DQ to Interview?  I thought London was only a few weeks for CR1 spouse interview???

They were quick but then slowed down again for many people. 

My interview is 6 weeks after DQ. I know some people here and FB have waited 2 months+ 

Edited by Cody LA

1 hour ago, Cody LA said:

They were quick but then slowed down again for many people. 

My interview is 6 weeks after DQ. I know some people here and FB have waited 2 months+ 

Your interview is 6 weeks after DQ, or you got your interview letter 6 weeks after DQ?  I was DQ’d 3 and a bit weeks ago and have heard nothing about a date yet, so fully expect the interview to be 4,5 or 6 weeks after I get the letter, which may be another few weeks yet too. 🙄

3 hours ago, MarkL11 said:

Your interview is 6 weeks after DQ, or you got your interview letter 6 weeks after DQ?  I was DQ’d 3 and a bit weeks ago and have heard nothing about a date yet, so fully expect the interview to be 4,5 or 6 weeks after I get the letter, which may be another few weeks yet too. 🙄

I got my letter 5 days after dq, interview date is 5 weeks from letter. 

I’d say your interview will be in early October as I think September dates have all gone out now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.