R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,647 posts in this topic

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, BahamaBaby said:

Has anyone in london received an EB interview for October? I know the CR/IR ones have been scheduled. Not sure If the nvc does the mail out of interview dates on different dates? 

Someone for EB-1 on this forum did. But, to be fair, he was DQ'd back in June. When did you get DQ'd? I was worried that I might be the only EB person around waiting for an IL.

Edited by CaffeNeroGuy
Followup question.

10 hours ago, BahamaBaby said:

Has anyone in london received an EB interview for October? I know the CR/IR ones have been scheduled. Not sure If the nvc does the mail out of interview dates on different dates? 

This google doc completed by members of this site shows length of time from case completion to interview. Not many Brits have completed it but what is there appears to show that there isn't much of a pattern. Given there's only a handful of UK people recently it's kind of anecdotal.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xbLl_8yDgHLeDaLnTrPdYc44J0sjPSFfYCKxlKx6uTY/edit#gid=0 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
13 hours ago, LN1Casey said:

Husband got his medical appointment set for 3 October. Should be enough time for it to be processed through to the Embassy by his 20 Oct interview.

Oct 1 starts flu season (for immigration purposes) so he needs to have a flu shot.

If any of you are going  in September, the flu shot is waived for “not flu season”.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Laud said:

Any London embassy reviews recently. I'm particularly interested to know how long it's been taking people to get their passports back.

The London folks have been very quiet. I haven't seen any recent news from anyone. 

36 minutes ago, CaffeNeroGuy said:

The London folks have been very quiet. I haven't seen any recent news from anyone. 

I had a quick look on timelines and found these dates:

IR1CR1

7 July - 12 July [3]
6 July - 14 July [6]
22 June - 27 June [3]
14 June - 20 June [4]

K1

31 August - 7 September (both Sundays?) [5]

6 June - 10 June [4]

(Interview date - Visa issued [working days])

These are mostly from a few months back and idk how accurate they are. But that's what I found.

Guess I'm joining this thread now, just got DQ'ed this morning :)

Reading through the last few pages it looks as though London schedules beginning of the month, so I might get an interview date beginning of October? For maybe end of November or December?

I am a bit concerned with the medical, as I self-harmed once as a teenager, well over 10 years ago now. Not sure if I need to bring anything with me? I never saw a GP / psychologist for it, it was just a "trend" that I tried out back then and regretted it since.

Will this likely be an issue? I can try talking to my current GP to write me a letter, but the surgery I'm with is very... dismissive of their patients. So not sure if they'd be willing to write anything?

Any suggestions?

Thank you :)

Edited by Pat2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

@Pat2021

Hopefully you get your interview for early November. 

The second part of your post is a medical question, not an update on an interview date. It needs to be a new thread. 

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

@Pat2021

Hopefully you get your interview for early November. 

The second part of your post is a medical question, not an update on an interview date. It needs to be a new thread. 

Thank you, that sounds promising!

I'll start a thread once I've actually spoken to my GP, I'll have more info then :)

On 9/20/2022 at 7:54 AM, Laud said:

I had a quick look on timelines and found these dates:

IR1CR1

7 July - 12 July [3]
6 July - 14 July [6]
22 June - 27 June [3]
14 June - 20 June [4]

K1

31 August - 7 September (both Sundays?) [5]

6 June - 10 June [4]

(Interview date - Visa issued [working days])

These are mostly from a few months back and idk how accurate they are. But that's what I found.

I'm hoping for a  quick turn for my husband's CR1 visa.  His interview is 20 Oct (Thursday), and we have plane tickets that fly out on 27 Oct (5 business days different). I bought them flexible, so if we need to change the dates we can, but the tickets cost jump significantly over the weekend. And unfortunately, I'm out in Hawaii, so tickets are limited and expensive as it is. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Pat2021 said:

Oh, I meant to ask, does the interview letter come via email from NVC, or via Royal Mail from the embassy?

Interesting question. I wonder if people received letters via Royal Mail because that would explain a lot if that is the case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.