Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

Yeah, the consulate is very backed up. Folks DQ'ed last December have gotten their interview date, folks DQ'ed January 2020 are still waiting. This spreadsheet shows the most up-to-date info about folks in line for an interview: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit#gid=255923754

@Hawk Riders would be good to add Annie to the spreadsheet.

Oh my...thank you for this link, it's extremely helpful. Hoping the process starts moving along for everyone.

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have  a question i got my passport stamped it doesnot says i551 and doesnot say its valid for one year. It only says admitted LPR with today's date. Is it fine? If anybody can comment on it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, realmadrid23 said:

Hi everyone,

I have  a question i got my passport stamped it doesnot says i551 and doesnot say its valid for one year. It only says admitted LPR with today's date. Is it fine? If anybody can comment on it. 

The visa itself says I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year. 

It's near the bottom. 

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

The visa itself says I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year. 

It's near the bottom. 

Thankyou, i was getting worried that it didnt day that. So its fine? Has anyone you know gotten the same stamp

4 minutes ago, realmadrid23 said:

Thankyou, i was getting worried that it didnt day that. So its fine? Has anyone you know gotten the same stamp

*Didnt get that

Timeline

Numbers are out - woeful for Montreal 

September 

CR1 16 -  32 in August 

IR1 85 - 2 in August 

I checked London 

CR1 76 - 65 in August 

IR1 97 - 73 in August

Checked out further numbers and Santo Domingo (DR) is wild! 

CR1 95 - 68 in August 

IR1 175 - 140 in August 

Just imagine! We’d all be with our families if we had this kind of service. Crickets again today. Emails and social media comments with gentle reminders that we’re waiting won’t hurt.  

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/SEPT 2020 - IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/AUGUST 2020 - IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

Edited by Cath&Claire

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Cath&Claire said:

September 

CR1 16 -  32 in August 

IR1 85 - 2 in August 

I checked London 

CR1 76 - 65 in August 

IR1 97 - 73 in August

CR1 95 - 68 in August 

IR1 175 - 140 in August 

Just imagine! We’d all be with our families if we had this kind of service. Crickets again today. Emails and social media comments with gentle reminders that we’re waiting won’t hurt.  

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/SEPT 2020 - IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/AUGUST 2020 - IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

It’s in line with pre covid issuances though. So at least they have resumed “normal” operations. Doesn’t help the backlog but at least we are moving again. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Cath&Claire said:

September 

CR1 16 -  32 in August 

IR1 85 - 2 in August 

I checked London 

CR1 76 - 65 in August 

IR1 97 - 73 in August

CR1 95 - 68 in August 

IR1 175 - 140 in August 

I honestly think that you should post this comparison on their Social Media pages and ask for reasons for this. If you don't want to do it, I will...

Edited by jstriders

Timeline
1 minute ago, MWhite said:

It’s in line with pre covid issuances though. So at least they have resumed “normal” operations. Doesn’t help the backlog but at least we are moving again. 

Yes! Progress! Seems tho things are stuck at last interview scheduled for Nov 4th?  Being DQ’d in January, has your case moved from NVC yet? 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Cath&Claire said:

Yes! Progress! Seems tho things are stuck at last interview scheduled for Nov 4th?  Being DQ’d in January, has your case moved from NVC yet? 

checked this morning and still at nvc. I think it only moves after you get the IL

Timeline
1 hour ago, jstriders said:

I honestly think that you should post this comparison on their Social Media pages and ask for reasons for this. If you don't want to do it, I will...

I could help with a visualization (bar / line chart). Is this of interest?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Cath&Claire said:

September 

CR1 16 -  32 in August 

IR1 85 - 2 in August 

I checked London 

CR1 76 - 65 in August 

IR1 97 - 73 in August

CR1 95 - 68 in August 

IR1 175 - 140 in August 

oh wow... I've never compared it to other consulates before. Looks like Mexico did 200+  and I know Mexico too has a long wait time too.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, shammykay said:

I could help with a visualization (bar / line chart). Is this of interest?

Apparently the consulate in DR is closed yet those numbers? So not sure what’s going on. 

K1’s are being scheduled for Nov 16th - definitely ok to compare Canada to the UK. 4-5 months wait time for them now as per on the forum - as I noted last week, July DQ’s in the UK are getting November interview dates.  

The USA consulate Facebook page has the most comments from what I see - and there is a pinned post - so someone is reading the comments. Those of us who want can post a message there with the data?! 

2 minutes ago, A&RN said:

oh wow... I've never compared it to other consulates before. Looks like Mexico did 200+  and I know Mexico too has a long wait time too.

Tokyo has huge numbers too.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.