Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Just now, SeriaRisa11 said:

Last question everyone! Sorry, I am a nervous wreck! Back in February our truck got stolen with unfortunately all our passports. I have since then replaced it therefore we both have new passport numbers. I have emailed the consulate to make sure they can update it. Has anyone been in a situation where they had to replace your passport? Is updating the consulate sufficient? Can this delay the process in regards to getting your visa issued?  

Because you can't obtain your old passports, just bring the new ones.  If you have any info that shows you reported them stolen then bring that as well. The consulate is aware that people update their passports, either names or renewals, and doesn't have an issue with the passport numbers not matching. Generally people have the old ones though, but as the process to get a passport isn't exactly easy, they trust that you are who you say you are. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

10 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Because you can't obtain your old passports, just bring the new ones.  If you have any info that shows you reported them stolen then bring that as well. The consulate is aware that people update their passports, either names or renewals, and doesn't have an issue with the passport numbers not matching. Generally people have the old ones though, but as the process to get a passport isn't exactly easy, they trust that you are who you say you are. 

Luckily I had the pictures of them from when I started my process and sent everything to my attorney. I have my new passport, a photocopy of it, I also have the photocopy of the old one and the insurance claim/police report information just in case! I was just worried that this would delay things more for me if they had to re do things to update it. I email the consulate and they confirmed they updated it but I figured id check to see if anyone else had had a similar situation and faced no delays. Thank you for the reply!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

If you could pin the link to the IR-1/CR-1 FAQ document, that would be easiest. We're not dealing with K-1 issues in it, so no worries on overlap :)

I won't be able to pinned the link as it is a Google doc. 

38 minutes ago, DGF said:

@Ontarkie This is definitely the preferred solution in terms of keeping the thread from becoming outdated too quickly since I update the FAQ quite frequently but if it is not ok I can make a thread out of the FAQ as is. If that's required I'd leave the link out this time as I believe that is what got the last thread removed.

The old thread has been returned. I will have to remove the google links and can ask for it to be pinned once I remove them. 

As NikLR mentioned updating the thread can either be by a mod editing it for you if the thread is locked or have you just update the thread. We can keep the thread clean by removing unnecessary comments also. Either way we can keep it updated as long as we have help.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hawk Riders said:

Best wishes to Monday's interviewees: @SAsal, @Irregularblob, @Couchpotato560, @SeriaRisa11 & children, @Zelna, & @Jacqueline H!

Let us know how it goes.

Good luck to all tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

Are we supposed to let the consulate know if the address on our DS-260 is not up to date anymore? Or it doesn’t matter to them as long as we enter the right information for passport delivery or pick up?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hawk Riders said:

Best wishes to Monday's interviewees: @SAsal, @Irregularblob, @Couchpotato560, @SeriaRisa11 & children, @Zelna, & @Jacqueline H!

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks so much!! Will update as soon as possible. Good luck to everyone 😊

Timeline

Sending good vibes  @SAsal, @Irregularblob, @Couchpotato560, @SeriaRisa11& children, @Zelna, @Jacqueline H

All the luck in the world, all wished for you!

Timeline

@SeriaRisa11

Kindly share your interview experience with us if possible. 

That would be super helpful because i will be attending interview with children as well whenever they schedule.

7 minutes ago, Jay&Sid said:

@SeriaRisa11

That would be super helpful because i will be attending interview with children as well whenever they schedule.

Definitely. Ill update you all once I have my phone again. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jay&Sid said:

@SeriaRisa11

I just went through the process back in March with kids.  We squeaked through - they cancelled all the interviews at the end of the week because of covid when we went.  There is a writeup on either my profile or on the Montreal Consulate review page.  Let me know if you have any questions that I might be able to help you with! 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
3 hours ago, Jay&Sid said:

Sending good vibes  @SAsal, @Irregularblob, @Couchpotato560, @SeriaRisa11& children, @Zelna, @Jacqueline H

All the luck in the world, all wished for you!

Thank you so so much and good luck to everyone!!! 

lawyer said I may not get 100% approval and will need to wait another week or 2 extra after the interview. Had to redo my medical and police certificate after mandatory quarantine and both are done, but the packets have not arrived. The medical will be emailed and the police certificate takes longer now due to covid 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

About time we moved this discussion public.

Is Montreal scheduling other immigrant visa interviews? Hoping the executive order for Immigration isn't extended and  my parents  get their IR-5 visa appointment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.