PTA petitioner

I-130 online August 2020 filers spouse

136 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, stringpuller said:

I was told that length of marriage isn't factored in. 

I cannot call them because im inside normal processing times. USCIS has the luxury of moving the goal posts. I do not  

There's no harm in trying. A month after submitting our application, my husband sent a message thru his myUSCIS account asking where our cases were being processed. They responded a week later and I observed that they have touched my case 3 times after that (I actually only checked 3 times and every time I did, I saw that the case had been touched). Getting in touch with them could be a reason for them to start looking closely into your case.

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
4 minutes ago, angeljolie said:

There's no harm in trying. A month after submitting our application, my husband sent a message thru his myUSCIS account asking where our cases were being processed. They responded a week later and I observed that they have touched my case 3 times after that (I actually only checked 3 times and every time I did, I saw that the case had been touched). Getting in touch with them could be a reason for them to start looking closely into your case.

Have done that twice. There's no taking from your good fortune. 

However USCIS shouldn't state process in order received.

They should tell the reality of it. (We do what we want) just saying.

The process is in need of a lot of reform. 

Also i work with a man who did the K1 route and it took like 7 months. How is it a fiancee is quicker then a spouse?  

Edited by stringpuller

26 minutes ago, stringpuller said:

Have done that twice. There's no taking from your good fortune. 

However USCIS shouldn't state process in order received.

They should tell the reality of it. (We do what we want) just saying.

The process is in need of a lot of reform. 

Also i work with a man who did the K1 route and it took like 7 months. How is it a fiancee is quicker then a spouse?  

It's true. The process needs a major overhaul. 

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

On 10/26/2020 at 8:18 AM, stringpuller said:

i work with a man who did the K1 route and it took like 7 months. How is it a fiancee is quicker then a spouse?  

I understand that the long wait is frustrating.  But remember that the "rewards" for the spouse visa and fiancee visa routes are different -- permanent resident status immediately upon entry VS a single-entry visa + a chance to cough up more money to go through another stressful immigration process to adjust status.

Hang in there!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, Chancy said:

I understand that the long wait is frustrating.  But remember that the "rewards" for the spouse visa and fiancee visa routes are different -- permanent resident status immediately upon entry VS a single-entry visa + a chance to cough up more money to go through another stressful immigration process to adjust status.

Hang in there!

We are all in it and trying. The advantage of the K1 is the time apart is much less. 

11 minutes ago, stringpuller said:

The advantage of the K1 is the time apart is much less. 

Except when there is a pandemic and your consulate isn't doing K1's because it isn't mission critical.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

On 10/25/2020 at 5:18 PM, stringpuller said:

Also i work with a man who did the K1 route and it took like 7 months.

We did a spousal in 103 days.  There is no standard processing time as each case is different.  Rules and processes are always changing.  We were married and living together and able to take advantage of a program that allowed us to skip the stateside processing. The DCF spousal visa no longer exists the way we did it.

We also met a lot of K1s that came to the US and were miserable waiting to get EAD/AP or greencards.  Generally by the time you add the time to get an EAD a spousal visa is faster, cheaper and less stressful.   But it all depends on what a couple is willing and able to do.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
6 hours ago, PTA petitioner said:

Hi awesome people, 😊😊😊

never did did I ever imagine I will be posting this but ~~~~ we got approved November 3, 2020. From Nebraska. No NVC email yet, however notification came on legally/ USCIS case status app and then I checked online. We we approved. PD: August 06,2020. 

Congratulations, 

😀

11-20-2019 - mailed docs to NVC

12-20-2019 - DS-260 done

01-28-2020 - NVC DQ-ed

02-08-2020 - husband flew back to the States

02-14-2020 - IV interview scheduled for 03-31-2020

03-15-2020 - pending IV interview cancelled due to COVID

08-04-2020 - US Embassy notified us - not eligible for a follow -to-join immigration route anymore. Spouse has naturalized. Advised to re-start the process with I-130 😯

"2 heart attacks" and a month later....

09-08-2020 - applied online I-130 

09-09-2020 - NOA1 sent out 

09-16-2020 - received NOA1 hardcopy, case pending at Texas SC, 

Online case status check, shows case pending at Nebraska SC

09-09-2020 - touched

09-10-2020 - touched

09-14-2020 - touched

10-19-2020 - touched

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, A.R said:

I filed I 130 online on 8/24/2020, Nebraska service center and haven't heard back since I received the NOA1. :(

8/18/20 filed/received NOA1. Nebraska also (according to case status although i797 said Texas). Nothing since receipt either. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/16/2020 at 5:52 PM, cdndesro said:

8/18/20 filed/received NOA1. Nebraska also (according to case status although i797 said Texas). Nothing since receipt either. 

Checked with USCIS regarding Service Center as online shows Nebraska and I797C showed Texas and was told it is actually in Texas.  So just an FYI if your receipt showed a different center than online you may want to check to be sure.  Maybe this is already common knowledge though.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We filed 08/21/2020 and received RFE on 11/20/2020. Trying to upload documents online but after an hour they will not load. Any suggestions?

Edited by MapleHearts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

On 8/28/2020 at 12:35 PM, MiriamAndDylan said:

I had the exact same situation! I ended up getting through to a live agent using the bot, 'Emma'. When you start the chat, type in the box "Speak to live agent" and you'll be connected :)  The person I spoke to confirmed I was still being processed at Texas, even though egov says Nebraska. An administrative error apparently. Who knows, I guess! Next best bet is to give them a call, but be prepared for a long wait time. Good luck!

I have the same situation too and wanna know which service center takes care of my case. I spoke to Emma to speak to live agent but I can’t connect them. It sucks. I live in Japan and it’s difficult to call USCIS in US time so I sent message but they haven’t replied to us for long time. I’ve been waiting for over 8months. It’s good to connect to live agent from Emma but it seems I can’t 

4D000E36-36C9-4967-BD71-55124953D1C6.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.