PTA petitioner

I-130 online August 2020 filers spouse

136 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We got NOA2 today only a couple days after replying to the RFE! Our filing date was August 21. His friend got approval today also and he filed in August as well.

Edited by MapleHeart

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
23 hours ago, MapleHeart said:

We got NOA2 today only a couple days after replying to the RFE! Our filing date was August 21. His friend got approval today also and he filed in August as well.

Congratulations..:)

Timeline
On 12/23/2020 at 1:56 PM, MapleHearts said:

Thanks for congratulating us!

Today I received a post decision activity update that they sent our case to the NVC. Are they even opened today? It is dated for today.

Timeline
3 hours ago, MapleHearts said:

Today I received a post decision activity update that they sent our case to the NVC. Are they even opened today? It is dated for today.

Received the email from NVC today as well.

EDIT TO ADD: Nebraska Service Center :)

Hi to all, I hope you’re all having a nice holiday season. Jumping on this thread to ask for some advice...

I-130 sent out by snail mail on 8/1/20

NOA 8/19/20

I keep seeing people saying that their cases have been “touched” and even some August filers who have been accepted already (congrats, guys!)

should I be worried? I am remaining optimistic for the most part as I know it could take until springtime to have my I-130 accepted, but as it has not even been “touched” since 8/19/20, does anybody have any advice? I know this is normal processing time so I’m not THAT worried, just a little disheartening to hear all my fellow August filers being processed and it looks as though mine isn’t yet 😕 (although I am very happy for all of you and I hope everyone’s case goes as smoothly as possible!)

thanks for reading or replying!

Edited by clscannell13

10 hours ago, CandJ18 said:

should I be worried? I am remaining optimistic for the most part as I know it could take until springtime to have my I-130 accepted, but as it has not even been “touched” since 8/19/20, does anybody have any advice?

It seems USCIS has made some changes on the online portal that, unlike before, there is no way of telling whether or not your case has been touched. Others have reported their status changed to "actively being reviewed" but it's not like before where you can see when they opened your case.

You can try sending USCIS a message thru the portal just to give them a nudge. 

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

1 minute ago, angeljolie said:

It seems USCIS has made some changes on the online portal that, unlike before, there is no way of telling whether or not your case has been touched. Others have reported their status changed to "actively being reviewed" but it's not like before where you can see when they opened your case.

You can try sending USCIS a message thru the portal just to give them a nudge. 

Thank you very much for your reply! I appreciate it. Thanks for the info. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, CandJ18 said:

Hi to all, I hope you’re all having a nice holiday season. Jumping on this thread to ask for some advice...

NOA 8/19/20

I keep seeing people saying that their cases have been “touched” and even some August filers who have been accepted already (congrats, guys!)

should I be worried? I am remaining optimistic for the most part as I know it could take until springtime to have my I-130 accepted, but as it has not even been “touched” since 8/19/20, does anybody have any advice? I know this is normal processing time so I’m not THAT worried, just a little disheartening to hear all my fellow August filers being processed and it looks as though mine isn’t yet 😕 (although I am very happy for all of you and I hope everyone’s case goes as smoothly as possible!)

Try to call them and see what they say. I called and they said they were very close to making a final decision. Turns out it had already been approved. My sister applied in March and she is still waiting. So sometimes I believe certain officers get through their caseloads faster than others. Since you mailed yours the processing may run at a different pace as well. Just trying to call them and get a status update. Mine did change to case under active review the same day they approved it. The notice came a day later and I just got my hard copy yesterday. They sent it to Department of State on Christmas.

Edited by MapleHearts

Just now, MapleHearts said:

Try to call them and see what they say. I callled and they said they were very close to making a final decision. Turns out it had already been approved. My sister applied in March and she is still waiting. So sometimes I believe certain officers get through their caseloads faster than others. Since you mailed yours the processing may run at a different pace as well. Just trying to call them and get a status update.

I will try to call next week. Thank you so much for your reply! :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, CandJ18 said:

I will try to call next week. Thank you so much for your reply! :)

No problem. I tried to get advice here on this thread but nobody replied to me. So I try to make sure I reply to others. Hope you get good news. Let us know what they say.

Timeline
11 hours ago, CandJ18 said:

NOA 8/19/20

I think you should contact USCIS  through inboxing them through your portal to check on what/where is your application? I had no luck with calling them because they wouldn't pick up the phone..or it was a long wait or they gave me a generic answer...

On the other note (to get your mind off things)- I can suggest you start getting paperwork ready for the next stage, which is NVC. Most people underestimate the next process, I know I did because I sat and worried about when will I get the USCIS acceptance (talking only through my experience).

Some things I had trouble finding (took me longer than usual to gather paperwork for myself and my joint sponsor)...Examples: tax returns, tax return transcripts from IRS, making sure you have enough income to sponsor the beneficiary, (if not finding another joint sponsor and on top of that gathering their paperwork),,,6 months pay stubs, photographs...you name it..US DOMICILE PROOF...phewww..

Remember, NVC is a big step too...there is something calling DQ after you submit all the above and whatever documents they ask of you...if you start reading up/researching on the required documents now through the forums and groups..you maybe in the BEST position than most people to send of your documents once you get the NVC acceptance letter.

I got my acceptance in the beginning of November..I still haven't been documentarily qualified by NVC. Even though part of the problem was NVC's, the other part was solely me to blame because I could have done other things to be prepared in terms of documents. Just my experience..I wish someone had told me about this .I hope it helps..I wish you all the best. Prayers...

Timeline
2 minutes ago, PTA petitioner said:

I think you should contact USCIS  through inboxing them through your portal to check on what/where is your application? I had no luck with calling them because they wouldn't pick up the phone..or it was a long wait or they gave me a generic answer...

On the other note (to get your mind off things)- I can suggest you start getting paperwork ready for the next stage, which is NVC. Most people underestimate the next process, I know I did because I sat and worried about when will I get the USCIS acceptance (talking only through my experience).

Some things I had trouble finding (took me longer than usual to gather paperwork for myself and my joint sponsor)...Examples: tax returns, tax return transcripts from IRS, making sure you have enough income to sponsor the beneficiary, (if not finding another joint sponsor and on top of that gathering their paperwork),,,6 months pay stubs, photographs...you name it..US DOMICILE PROOF...phewww..

Remember, NVC is a big step too...there is something calling DQ after you submit all the above and whatever documents they ask of you...if you start reading up/researching on the required documents now through the forums and groups..you maybe in the BEST position than most people to send of your documents once you get the NVC acceptance letter.

I got my acceptance in the beginning of November..I still haven't been documentarily qualified by NVC. Even though part of the problem was NVC's, the other part was solely me to blame because I could have done other things to be prepared in terms of documents. Just my experience..I wish someone had told me about this .I hope it helps..I wish you all the best. Prayers...

For the payment I am unable to open the page on  the department of state payment section. Is there something I am doing wrong? They sent me an email and it is not working when I click on the link.

i had no luck during my USCIS with the messaging system. I was given a whole lot more info in the call. No generic answers at all.

Edited by MapleHearts

5 minutes ago, PTA petitioner said:

THANKS! I will start right away, that’s a good idea. Really worrying about why my I-130 hasn’t been looked at (or appears not to have been anyway) but prepping documents is a good idea so I can send them AS SOON as NVC allows me and payment clears, etc. (Maybe by April? Ugh 😕) Thanks for your suggestion!!!

Timeline
5 hours ago, MapleHearts said:

For the payment I am unable to open the page on  the department of state payment section. Is there something I am doing wrong? They sent me an email and it is not working when I click on the link.

i had no luck during my USCIS with the messaging system. I was given a whole lot more info in the call. No generic answers at all.

It has to say "paid" on both the AOS and IV bill in order for you to proceed to fill out the applications. There is a wide range of timeframe outthere..it can take anywhere from 24 hours to 3-4 weeks in order for the system to say paid. That doesn't mean it will take longer for you..just saying..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.