dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview September 2020

611 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Elllena said:

So in Romania we get our passports back thru TNT( FedEx). My visa was issued on Friday and it was also available for pick up on Friday. I just didn’t make it in time and TNT closed before I got a chance to get there. TNT is closed in the weekend so on Monday I went there and picked up my passport. I am already in the US now.

Awesome! Welcome to Tennessee! That is my home state! :)

We just got the passport back today and will travel soon. We may transit in Europe. Did you have any trouble in that regards? I know IR/CR1s are not part of the ban but sometimes airlines can be inconsistent about applying the proclamations. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lexushim said:

What's the source/link of this? and What place?

From the Montreal consulate Twitter feed

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

2 hours ago, SETETA said:

We just got the passport back today and will travel soon. We may transit in Europe. Did you have any trouble in that regards? I know IR/CR1s are not part of the ban but sometimes airlines can be inconsistent about applying the proclamations. 

Congrats!

13 minutes ago, CamChad42 said:

I have a question. What did everyone bring to the interview besides what the sponsors have to bring? IE: does the sponsor have to bring tax returns, and divorce decrees with them to? 
ive been trying to understand the requirements for what to bring. Not very precise at all on detailed information. 

It's very clear on the ceac website what the petioner must bring. All documents you were asked to upload

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
26 minutes ago, CamChad42 said:

I have a question. What did everyone bring to the interview besides what the sponsors have to bring? IE: does the sponsor have to bring tax returns, and divorce decrees with them to? 
ive been trying to understand the requirements for what to bring. Not very precise at all on detailed information. 

Hey CamChad42,

Most of the time your local US Embassy will have a page listing everything you need to bring. I suggest you bring more (just in case).

Here is the list for the US Embassy in France (I don't know where you are from, but yours may change).

Take care,

Alix

INTERVIEW_Checklist page 4.pdf

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

53 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

Hey CamChad42,

Most of the time your local US Embassy will have a page listing everything you need to bring. I suggest you bring more (just in case).

Here is the list for the US Embassy in France (I don't know where you are from, but yours may change).

Take care,

Alix

INTERVIEW_Checklist page 4.pdf 416.67 kB · 5 downloads

My husband got his checklist but it doesn’t state to bring much but what we submitted to NVC for CIV DOCS. Our Embassy is Jamaica. I’m just nervous I guess. Making sure we establish a good packet for the interview. Thank you for the attached🙏🏾👌🏾🙋🏾‍♀️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Rick2019 said:

anyone with pregnant wife? i'm hoping to have her here before  our baby birth ( expected mid Nov-Dec). any advise on Expedite ( good letter template,....), the Embassy/ consulate  in Morocco still closed for Covid-19.

Thank you

My wife is pregnant and due in October...

However, i'm still stuck in Nigeria and the US embassy here is still closed

Depression is gradually taking a toll on both of us...

I expedited but the embassy told me to wait till the airports are open..

I want to be there for her and the baby... Really don't know what else to do..

Edited by David Utomi

5 hours ago, SETETA said:

I don’t know, I didn’t go thru Schengen, I transited via Istanbul. 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
55 minutes ago, CamChad42 said:

My husband got his checklist but it doesn’t state to bring much but what we submitted to NVC for CIV DOCS. Our Embassy is Jamaica. I’m just nervous I guess. Making sure we establish a good packet for the interview. Thank you for the attached🙏🏾👌🏾🙋🏾‍♀️

I totally understand your concerns.

Then, he will have to bring all civil documents in their original version and as recent as possible (like less than 6 months old): birth, mariage, divorce, death certificates, then your husband's ID photo, the DS260, his police certificate (most recent as he can).

And a copy of whatever else you both have uploaded on NVC website.

NVC did the real administrative part. Now at the Embassy, the purpose of the interview is really to confirm that your marriage is real. Bringing original documents is part of that process, because you are able to show the Consular Officer your docs were not photoshopped etc..

Have you found fellows from Jamaica on this forum? They should be able to help you a great deal 😉

Take care,

Alix

Edited by Alix64

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Elllena said:

So in Romania we get our passports back thru TNT( FedEx). My visa was issued on Friday and it was also available for pick up on Friday. I just didn’t make it in time and TNT closed before I got a chance to get there. TNT is closed in the weekend so on Monday I went there and picked up my passport. I am already in the US now.

Congratulations. Welcome to America.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.