Greenbaum

AUGUST 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

139 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I wasn't expecting to get any update until early April since we filed our application the last week of August.

But here is our timeline:

NOA1: August 25

NOA2: March 11

Timeline
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2021 at 2:21 PM, Very_44_EP said:

NOA2 approved 3/11.  NOA1 on 8/24.  Heady days, indeed.

We got approved on the same date :) 8/25 filer here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Happy to find others who are in the same boat as me! We filled August 7th, got approved February 25th and received the official paper March 2nd. Couldn't believe it and we were so super excited! 

Anyone else wondering what's next with the travelban and such? What are your expectations? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

We got approved as well!

NOA1: Aug 31, 2020

NOA2: Mar 30, 2021

I have found USCIC Case Tracker app very helpful. You can see how many applications from August have been approved already by using the search function!

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Got approved, finally. It was delayed due to RFE.

NOA1: Aug 21, 2020

NOA2: June 04, 2021

Just hoping that the rest of the process (NVC and consulate) will go smoother and take less time for me and my fiance.

Anyone from August '20 filers manage to set up an interview date? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, Psinoza said:

Just hoping that the rest of the process (NVC and consulate) will go smoother and take less time for me and my fiance.

could you please write what documents were missing to got RFE?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I applied for our K-1visa on August 27th 2020. We still have not received our NOA2.

I have planned the move to the United States from Canada for the end of July. We thought that we had given ourselves a good buffer but with Coronavirus everything is delayed.

In April we requested a follow-up on our case and 2 weeks later sent us an email basically saying "I know this is frustrating but we're working on it."

I have a few questions: Has anyone who applied for their K-1 Visa in August of 2020 received their NOA2? Should we just switch to a K-3 Visa, or will that delay things even further? When is an appropriate time to request a second follow-up? Has anyone ever been denied after such a long wait time? Has anyone been requested an RFE after such a long wait time?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
3 hours ago, LittleGoose2021 said:

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I applied for our K-1visa on August 27th 2020. We still have not received our NOA2.

I have planned the move to the United States from Canada for the end of July. We thought that we had given ourselves a good buffer but with Coronavirus everything is delayed.

In April we requested a follow-up on our case and 2 weeks later sent us an email basically saying "I know this is frustrating but we're working on it."

I have a few questions: Has anyone who applied for their K-1 Visa in August of 2020 received their NOA2? Should we just switch to a K-3 Visa, or will that delay things even further? When is an appropriate time to request a second follow-up? Has anyone ever been denied after such a long wait time? Has anyone been requested an RFE after such a long wait time?

Im sorry this has happened. I think your case has been "out of normal processing time" for a few months now. I would think its appropriate to follow-up now ASAP. Most of your fellow August filers have received there NOA-2 and at the embassy stage. USCIS is working on October/November Filers. I would check the data on here to see what stage August filers are, specifically in Canada.  Plus with the backlog in Canada, your finance may not be here until next year. 

Edited by J&D1008

Timeline

12 hours ago, Psinoza said:

Hello!

You are so close now. Which country are you processing?

Here is my timeline:

NOA1: August 25, 2020

NOA2: March 11, 2021

NVC case ready: April 14, 2021

Received email of packet 3: May 6, 2021

Interview: June 24, 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, J&D1008 said:

Im sorry this has happened. I think your case has been "out of normal processing time" for a few months now. I would think its appropriate to follow-up now ASAP. Most of your fellow August filers have received there NOA-2 and at the embassy stage. USCIS is working on October/November Filers. I would check the data on here to see what stage August filers are, specifically in Canada.  Plus with the backlog in Canada, your finance may not be here until next year. 

Thanks for the advice! We are supposed to get an answer to our inquiry by the 30th but they probably won't tell us much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.