Davie92

How do i apply for emergency spouse visa?

69 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
5 minutes ago, JFH said:

Are you asking me or repeating my question? I ca brill you why my spouse didn’t move to me - he (USC) has a criminal record that makes him ineligible for any sort of visa for the UK, even to visit. And the UK, unlike the US, has no waiver procedure. You at least have the option of applying for a waiver if you are ineligible for a US visa. 

You complained that the system appears to be forcing you two to be apart. I offered a viable alternative. Maybe after your wife has the surgery and rev overs you can investigate that option. After all, if you are just two regular people who are just crazy in love then what does the location matter? You won’t be getting a visa for the US any time soon so now is maybe the time to research your alternatives. 

But if you are just going to mock and criticize those who are trying to help and throw puerile comments around, don’t be surprised if people are reluctant to help. 

The answer to your original question “how can I get an emergency visa?” is very simple in your case: you can’t get ANY immigrant visa at the moment, as a Nigerian. So, if you need to urgently be with your wife, you have to consider other options. The sooner you realise that, the sooner you can work on those options. 

Obviously the surgery is priority and them being together is also a priority. The two are just as important. It is a human right for husband and wife to be together. I don't think people understand that. Help is exactly what we all ask and the people that can help sit on the case. Not an option right now is not true. It's a matter of doing the paper work. That's all that stands in the way of a simple human right as a married couple. Spouses are given the right to reunite with their spouse in the US it is all about doing the processing. That's it. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
10 hours ago, kris&me said:

Read the 3rd paragraph of the Executive Order of April 2020

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/politics/trump-executive-order-immigration-coronavirus/index.html

and understand it is not a guarantee that a visa is issued and some take years 

did you read it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 hours ago, Davie92 said:

Thank you.. This is so helpful.

It is except Nigeria now has been added to the ban

and until that is lifted only those from Nigeria with an already approved visa will be able to come when travel restrictions are lifted

Onyeama and a group called The Association for Credible leadership in Nigeria  are working to get the travel ban lifted 

to really help your cause,  write or phone these people in Nigeria and state your concerns there.

Many lawyers already work to do waivers for the initial ban but one article i read has a chart of waivers and success (actually not success)

https://www.shusterman.com/trump-travel-ban/

What i am saying is you are the beneficary and can not do a heck of a lot except work with others in Nigeria including your own government to get the ban for Nigeria lifted.   since it is in the best interest for both countries and the oil industry (of Nigeria) to do this,  i am sure things will happen between the 2 governments 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
11 hours ago, Davie92 said:

Sorry what's this supposed to explain? 

I believe if you read the article it explains how the present administration feels about immigration from Africa

and even before this,  us who have done applications from Africa, had a hard time /  i first applied K1 2009 ,  had to marry,  make 5 trips (all a month to 3 months) to get an approval for our visa in 2015 

Read what the "people in the know" like Greenbaum have written

and understand you are never guaranteed a visa "it is not a right (for the USC) / it is a privilege

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Can I share somethings with you that I learned long ago about this process?

• "the man with the gold makes the rules"
    • it will take as long as it will take 
    • no one with any certainty can tell you when some process will be completed
    • Your sense of urgency will never be equaled to what USCIS, NVC or your embassy demonstrates
    • Your journey is not going to mirror someone else's experience - yours and theirs are not the same
    • They only promised you a YES or NO answer. Never an exact time that their decision would be completed
    • Lowering your expectations will make you a much more relaxed individual

Good luck on your journey 

We all know we are forced to wait on someone else to be reunited with our spouse do to our unique circumstances. It is up to the individual processing the case that has our future in their hands. Human rights and dignity is part of the job. Not just a yes or no answer.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, JFH said:

The OP is from Nigeria and there is currently an EO which blocks the consulates from issuing any immigrant visas for Nigerians (with one very small exception that doesn’t apply here as far as we know), so the embassy has no option but to place his case “on hold” indefinitely. 

Now that is an answer, I will look for answers to resolve this situation. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, April M said:

Now that is an answer, I will look for answers to resolve this situation. 

What is the exception?

1 hour ago, JFH said:

The OP is from Nigeria and there is currently an EO which blocks the consulates from issuing any immigrant visas for Nigerians (with one very small exception that doesn’t apply here as far as we know), so the embassy has no option but to place his case “on hold” indefinitely. 

What is the exception?

13 minutes ago, April M said:

What is the exception?

What is the exception?

Special Immigrant Visa for people who have provided essential assistance to the US government. A large number of these visas are allocated to Iraqi interpreters who assisted the US government during the Gulf Wars, often risking their lives to do so. That’s the level of involvement that is needed for this visa category. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
57 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

In reading the original post and many of the comments, my heart goes out to these couples expressing frustration.  All of the angst reminds me so much of my own journey with my Brazilian husband, we have many red flags and I had done my research so we knew going in to it that there was no guarantee that he would be approved even after a long process that for some takes many years.  Before we even got married we discussed all of this and made the decision together to try for his spousal visa as one way we could have a life together.  We had a plan B to try and live somewhere else as a couple if the US visa did not work out, like Brazil, or some other country.  We went down into this crazy rabbit hole with eyes wide open, knowing the risks, the expense, the long time of uncertainty and frustration that comes with international romances.  In the end, we got lucky and his spousal visa only took a year, but we were fully prepared for a two or three years or more process if it came to that, and were ready and willing to live somewhere outside the US if necessary, as true love finds a way eventually to overcome the distance.  Tomorrow we celebrate our two year wedding anniversary, he has been in the US for ten months already.  We have been working at home together for three months now because of the virus and life is very very good.  But I empathize with and feel so bad for those of you who are still apart.  Stay strong, explore all options, be grateful for technology that helps so much to keep the flame of love burning brightly, travel as often as you can to be together somewhere, even for a few days, document everything, and understand that government processes are not designed for efficiency or speed.  Good luck to you all!

Thank you for your kind words. We are doing just that. During or after the three surgeries I have to have maybe we will be reunited. We only hope and we also have been trying to prepare for the future what ever that may be. But we hope sooner than later. Thank you again. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, carmel34 said:

In reading the original post and many of the comments, my heart goes out to these couples expressing frustration.  All of the angst reminds me so much of my own journey with my Brazilian husband, we have many red flags and I had done my research so we knew going in to it that there was no guarantee that he would be approved even after a long process that for some takes many years.  Before we even got married we discussed all of this and made the decision together to try for his spousal visa as one way we could have a life together.  We had a plan B to try and live somewhere else as a couple if the US visa did not work out, like Brazil, or some other country.  We went down into this crazy rabbit hole with eyes wide open, knowing the risks, the expense, the long time of uncertainty and frustration that comes with international romances.  In the end, we got lucky and his spousal visa only took a year, but we were fully prepared for a two or three years or more process if it came to that, and were ready and willing to live somewhere outside the US if necessary, as true love finds a way eventually to overcome the distance.  Tomorrow we celebrate our two year wedding anniversary, he has been in the US for ten months already.  We have been working at home together for three months now because of the virus and life is very very good.  But I empathize with and feel so bad for those of you who are still apart.  Stay strong, explore all options, be grateful for technology that helps so much to keep the flame of love burning brightly, travel as often as you can to be together somewhere, even for a few days, document everything, and understand that government processes are not designed for efficiency or speed.  Good luck to you all!

Same with us  / now married over 10 years but 5 of those to get the visa

and we were ready to move also and had checked it out and bought a house and now a brother in law lives in it 

it was a struggle before this virus and now is even harder 

all i can say is Much patience is needed

and i am so sorry for those of you going thru this but if you applied in beginning of 2020 ,  your journey has just started and it was taking 12 to 14 months before the covid 19     

and sorry to say Immigration doesn't care you are apart,  not important to the rules and laws they have to follow/  they don't care that pregnant women do this alone -  not because the officers are not human but they must follow their instructions and training and baring your personal life and finances to anyone one and having them decide your future is the most difficult part of this 

but each and every rule/ law was made because someone abused the system and now we all have to abide 

good luck to you all and God /  Allah bless you and keep you safe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
22 hours ago, Davie92 said:

OMG, if only you would read.. 

It's not up to to say who gets a visa or not without understanding my question..

You are asking the VJ community for advice and then belittling a response? Wow! Maybe you should read and do some research before coming onto an advice and discussion site. You didn't seem to know that Nigeria is currently on Trump's list of banned countries. OMG!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
5 hours ago, April M said:

Obviously the surgery is priority and them being together is also a priority. The two are just as important. It is a human right for husband and wife to be together. I don't think people understand that. Help is exactly what we all ask and the people that can help sit on the case. Not an option right now is not true. It's a matter of doing the paper work. That's all that stands in the way of a simple human right as a married couple. Spouses are given the right to reunite with their spouse in the US it is all about doing the processing. That's it. 

I’m going to assume you aren’t that educated on the universal declaration of human rights because there isn’t a right for for husband and wife to be together in the US. It’s funny no one ever wants to move abroad to the spouses country yet argue there is a right to be together..I can see an easy fix.

Edited by Luckycuds

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.