Davie92

How do i apply for emergency spouse visa?

69 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 6/21/2020 at 7:48 PM, JeanneAdil said:

In Australia but please open the site and read paragraph 3 as to what this admistration thinks when he talks about immigrants from Africa

trying only to help as my husband is from Africa (Morocco) and our visa took us 6 years 

I understand the problem with having a spouse that is from another country. I have a relative that took 5 years and two other friends that took more than two years. I get it. But I also strive at everything I do in life with much certainty of completion at it's very best with all due process that is within my power to do so. So when something is still not completed I strive to find the answer and get the work done to get it right. With that said. I also know that what is personally important to me is not important or matters in most cases especially this one. But I was taught marriage is a union that is the backbone of humanity and to be respected. Anything that would prosper that will build family, then community, and so on for country and the world at large. Just as each person has an impact so to does a marriage when two people are joined together. My husband and I still are living life and making plans despite us being so far from one another and doing well to prosper. but at a greater expense to not only us but others. It is senseless to prolong something that can be remedied with a little shuffle of paperwork. I also understand that what we go through has to do with the old saying, One bad Apple spoils the bunch and the bed apples that have created this quagmire that these visas have become. It has created lost time in many marriages. That is sad really. But my personal views on the matter will not get the paper shuffle completed any faster. So I continue to strive to find answers to get it done without delay. It's a matter of lost time in a marriage and that is a matter of importance me and my husband. Senseless waiting. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 hours ago, April M said:

I understand the problem with having a spouse that is from another country. I have a relative that took 5 years and two other friends that took more than two years. I get it. But I also strive at everything I do in life with much certainty of completion at it's very best with all due process that is within my power to do so. So when something is still not completed I strive to find the answer and get the work done to get it right. With that said. I also know that what is personally important to me is not important or matters in most cases especially this one. But I was taught marriage is a union that is the backbone of humanity and to be respected. Anything that would prosper that will build family, then community, and so on for country and the world at large. Just as each person has an impact so to does a marriage when two people are joined together. My husband and I still are living life and making plans despite us being so far from one another and doing well to prosper. but at a greater expense to not only us but others. It is senseless to prolong something that can be remedied with a little shuffle of paperwork. I also understand that what we go through has to do with the old saying, One bad Apple spoils the bunch and the bed apples that have created this quagmire that these visas have become. It has created lost time in many marriages. That is sad really. But my personal views on the matter will not get the paper shuffle completed any faster. So I continue to strive to find answers to get it done without delay. It's a matter of lost time in a marriage and that is a matter of importance me and my husband. Senseless waiting. 

The best to you both   - took us 6 years but now married over 10 and he is a citizen

God bless you/ don't give up ever

Timeline
On 6/20/2020 at 11:56 PM, geowrian said:

Nobody pays to get a visa. Well, not legally at least. They pay a fee to apply and determine eligibility for the visa.

How do you know it's just sitting on a desk/computer? It could very well be pending results from other parties (such as background checks or an investigation).

It is not a right recognized by the US government, and they are the ones for which a visa is being requested.

Human rights in the United States comprise a series of rights which are legally protected by the Constitution of the United States, including the amendments, state constitutions, conferred by treaty and customary international law, and enacted legislatively through Congress, state legislatures.
The Federal Government of the United States has, through a ratified constitution, guaranteed unalienable rights to its citizens and (to some degree) non-citizens. These rights evolved over time through constitutional amendments, supported by legislation and judicial precedent.
Under human rights:
Article 12 protects the right of men and women of marriageable age to marry.
Presidential proclamation:
this proclamation shall not apply to:any alien who is the spouse or child, as defined, of a United States citizen.

23 minutes ago, April M said:

Human rights in the United States comprise a series of rights which are legally protected by the Constitution of the United States, including the amendments, state constitutions, conferred by treaty and customary international law, and enacted legislatively through Congress, state legislatures.
The Federal Government of the United States has, through a ratified constitution, guaranteed unalienable rights to its citizens and (to some degree) non-citizens. These rights evolved over time through constitutional amendments, supported by legislation and judicial precedent.
Under human rights:
Article 12 protects the right of men and women of marriageable age to marry.
Presidential proclamation:
this proclamation shall not apply to:any alien who is the spouse or child, as defined, of a United States citizen.

I'm not sure what the point of this comment was, sorry.

The ability for an alien spouse to live in the US is not recognized as a human right by the US government. Nobody is saying they cannot marry. The limitation is on an alien's ability to immigrate only.

The issue raised by the individual I quoted was not related to any proclamation. Their issue is processing delays, not a ban. I never stated the proclamation applied to them.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
2 hours ago, geowrian said:

I'm not sure what the point of this comment was, sorry.

The ability for an alien spouse to live in the US is not recognized as a human right by the US government. Nobody is saying they cannot marry. The limitation is on an alien's ability to immigrate only.

The issue raised by the individual I quoted was not related to any proclamation. Their issue is processing delays, not a ban. I never stated the proclamation applied to them.

The point is I am a US citizen and he is my spouse that is recognized under the presidential proclamation. All documentation completed, nothing in violation hence Visa is given. Just because I use the word human rights the subject of spouse and what that entails under all given information was overlooked. Of course it's an immigration process. The factors I stated above are also included in the fact that I am a US citizen and he is my spouse, that is also included in the immigration process. I do not take that lightly and he also has high respect for the sanctity of marriage and so does our country. 

8 minutes ago, April M said:

The point is I am a US citizen and he is my spouse that is recognized under the presidential proclamation. All documentation completed, nothing in violation hence Visa is given. Just because I use the word human rights the subject of spouse and what that entails under all given information was overlooked. Of course it's an immigration process. The factors I stated above are also included in the fact that I am a US citizen and he is my spouse, that is also included in the immigration process. I do not take that lightly and he also has high respect for the sanctity of marriage and so does our country. 

Ah, just noticed you were the same user, sorry. I think the profile image updated (maybe?) and I didn't connect the name. Or I just missed it.

Yes, spouses are exempt from the EO. That is very clear.

There are both requirements for a visa and ineligibilities for a visa beyond documentation. That is being assessed now in your case. Once they complete their evaluation for eligibility, they will issue or refuse the visa.

The reason "right" was brought up is because no such right exists. If it did, murderers would be eligible. People with active contagious diseases would be eligible. Drug smugglers and human traffickers would be eligible. Terrorists and those who have aided them would be eligible. All of the above deserve and are awarded human rights (some may argue the terrorist ones, but the law recognizes that they do at least, not always as applied though).

Privileges are something one requests, and is generally granted if they meet certain criteria. Example: a driver license. The requirements change with the times as laws are updated. Congress could pass an amendment to the INA today to ban anybody with a DUI from entering the country, or add a requirement to obtain health insurance upon or shortly after entry (an EO already does this, but there is an injunction while they determine the merits of the case, and compliance of the EO with existing law).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
4 hours ago, geowrian said:

Ah, just noticed you were the same user, sorry. I think the profile image updated (maybe?) and I didn't connect the name. Or I just missed it.

Yes, spouses are exempt from the EO. That is very clear.

There are both requirements for a visa and ineligibilities for a visa beyond documentation. That is being assessed now in your case. Once they complete their evaluation for eligibility, they will issue or refuse the visa.

The reason "right" was brought up is because no such right exists. If it did, murderers would be eligible. People with active contagious diseases would be eligible. Drug smugglers and human traffickers would be eligible. Terrorists and those who have aided them would be eligible. All of the above deserve and are awarded human rights (some may argue the terrorist ones, but the law recognizes that they do at least, not always as applied though).

Privileges are something one requests, and is generally granted if they meet certain criteria. Example: a driver license. The requirements change with the times as laws are updated. Congress could pass an amendment to the INA today to ban anybody with a DUI from entering the country, or add a requirement to obtain health insurance upon or shortly after entry (an EO already does this, but there is an injunction while they determine the merits of the case, and compliance of the EO with existing law).

Yes thank you, I truly understand. We have provided them with everything but we still are waiting even though we are eligible and have been for many months. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.