Davie92

How do i apply for emergency spouse visa?

69 posts in this topic

Hello, how is everyone making out with this lock down? It isn't going great for me.. I heard about the emergency visa and i would like to get help on how to apply for one..

My spouse visa was under review since February 2020, after my interview which i was told to submit joint sponsor, and they accepted it and within a week, they requested for our chat log which i sent by march 3rd before the lockdown started. And since  then, the case has been updated many times of which April 30th was the last date..

The reason for this emergency visa is because my spouse is going in for a surgery, she already had similar surgery in january which i was hoping that i could be with her by February.

Can i get an emergency visa to go be with her to recover through this surgery? as she lives alone and has no close family or relatives who can be with her? I'm so sad...

Edited by Davie92

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Davie92 said:

Hello, how is everyone making out with this lock down? It isn't going great for me.. I heard about the emergency visa and i would like to get help on how to apply for one..

My spouse visa was under review since February 2020, after my interview which i was told to submit joint sponsor, and they accepted it and within a week, they requested for our chat log which i sent by march 3rd before the lockdown started. And since  then, the case has been updated many times of which April 30th was the last date..

The reason for this emergency visa is because my spouse is going in for a surgery, she already had similar surgery in january which i was hoping that i could be with her by February.

Can i get an emergency visa to go be with her to recover through this surgery? as she lives alone and has no close family or relatives who can be with her? I'm so sad...

Did her doctor write a recommendation that you should be with her for recovery? You need proof to back up your emergency. 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline
1 minute ago, Davie92 said:

Haven't gotten the papers, but yes, dr recommends that.

To be honest since you already had the interview and you weren't approved on the spot because of your own fault (not submitting documents) I don't know if you can request an expedite any longer as you are in AP.... but

If you feel you meet the following requirements then contact the embassy.

USCIS may consider an expedite request if it meets one or more of the following criteria:

• Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
    1. File the benefit request or the expedite request in a reasonable time frame, or
    2. Respond to any requests for additional evidence in a reasonably timely manner;
  • Urgent humanitarian reasons;
  • Compelling U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
  • Clear USCIS error.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/how-make-expedite-request

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

2 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

To be honest since you already had the interview and you weren't approved on the spot because of your own fault (not submitting documents) I don't know if you can request an expedite any longer as you are in AP.... but

If you feel you meet the following requirements then contact the embassy.

USCIS may consider an expedite request if it meets one or more of the following criteria:

• Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
    1. File the benefit request or the expedite request in a reasonable time frame, or
    2. Respond to any requests for additional evidence in a reasonably timely manner;
  • Urgent humanitarian reasons;
  • Compelling U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
  • Clear USCIS error.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/how-make-expedite-request

I'm through USCIS and NVC stage without problems.. And i don't require any joint sponsor because my wife makes enough... I think the V.O wanted to delay me intentionally...

2 minutes ago, James120383 said:

Apply. You never know until they say "No". Worth trying 

How, what are the processes? My question please

4 minutes ago, Davie92 said:

I'm through USCIS and NVC stage without problems.. And i don't require any joint sponsor because my wife makes enough... I think the V.O wanted to delay me intentionally...

How, what are the processes? My question please

Are you saying that they requested a joint sponsor, and you did not provide one because you think you don't need one?  Evaluating the risk of becoming a public charge is discretionary per the VO, and not up to the applicant to determine.

If this is the case,  you will not get the visa, 'emergency' or not.

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Are you saying that they requested a joint sponsor, and you did not provide one because you think you don't need one?  Evaluating the risk of becoming a public charge is discretionary per the VO, and not up to the applicant to determine.

If this is the case,  you will not get the visa, 'emergency' or not.

OMG, if only you would read.. 

I have fulfilled that purpose and submitted a joint sponsor and they have accepted that.. 
Kindly read my question again.
It's not up to to say who gets a visa or not without understanding my question..

Just now, Davie92 said:

OMG, if only you would read.. 

I have fulfilled that purpose and submitted a joint sponsor and they have accepted that.. 
Kindly read my question again.
It's not up to to say who gets a visa or not without understanding my question..

OMG if only you would post effectively.

I did read.  You said it was requested and then you said "I didn't require any joint sponsor because my wife makes enough."

3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

OMG if only you would post effectively.

I did read.  You said it was requested and then you said "I didn't require any joint sponsor because my wife makes enough."

I was replying the other fellow.. That wasn't my parent post.. 

Well your words are very helpful.. (sarcasm)

It seems your visa is stuck in administrative processing, which cannot be expedited.

The time this process takes depends on the consulate/embassy you were interviewed at. In general it should take 60 days from the time they received the additional evidence to take a decision, but it is clear it has taken more in your case.

Check with your consulate/embassy directly regarding the current status of your case.

And browse around the forum looking for "administrative processing". You will find other cases and better advise.

1 minute ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

It seems your visa is stuck in administrative processing, which cannot be expedited.

The time this process takes depends on the consulate/embassy you were interviewed at. In general it should take 60 days from the time they received the additional evidence to take a decision, but it is clear it has taken more in your case.

Check with your consulate/embassy directly regarding the current status of your case.

And browse around the forum looking for "administrative processing". You will find other cases and better advise.

Thank you.. This pandemic is delaying everyone's visa journey...

Timeline

So I just saw- you are from Nigeria?! You aren't getting a visa right now. There is a ban on immigrant visas from Nigeria.Were you not aware of this?

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

So I just saw- you are from Nigeria?! You aren't getting a visa right now. There is a ban on immigrant visas from Nigeria.Were you not aware of this?

Well this took an unexpected turn. I was just going to suggest that the petitioner (not beneficiary) contacts the embassy along with proof of surgery, doctor recommendation etc but this changes everything.

Sorry OP, I don’t believe there’s anything that can be done at the moment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.